Photo

Speed Tests!

• Please log in to reply
306 replies to this topic

#126 AyoForYayo

AyoForYayo
  • 503 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:53 AM

Wtf. Upload speed should never ever ever ever be greater then download speed. Unless your a server. Are you a server?

Yeah I am.
Secretly.

#127 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:56 AM

Yeah I am.
Secretly.

You suck at keeping secrets then.

#128 AyoForYayo

AyoForYayo
  • 503 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:57 AM

You suck at keeping secrets then.

Ain't that a bitch.

#129 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:03 AM

Haha yeah, what is a passable speed for Neopets? I think we are mainly talking about AB here.

For legit restocking, with 2Mb/s you can rs almost everything except "1337" shops like the shops 2,9,10,merifoods, etc.
If you have about 4Mb/s, you can restock on any shop you want without problem (if you are skilled enough).
The internet speed for legit restocking at neopets isn't a big problem, you can do pretty well with shit-like speeds.
(But your ping/distance to th neopets server can be a big problem)

If you are going to ab, your internet doesn't matter that much as you can fix everything with the settings.
You can ab anything on any shop with any internet as long as you have the required settings.

#130 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:07 AM

For legit restocking, with 2Mb/s you can rs almost everything except "1337" shops like the shops 2,9,10,merifoods, etc.
If you have about 4Mb/s, you can restock on any shop you want without problem (if you are skilled enough).
The internet speed for legit restocking at neopets isn't a big problem, you can do pretty well with shit-like speeds.
(But your ping/distance to th neopets server can be a big problem)

If you are going to ab, your internet doesn't matter that much as you can fix everything with the settings.
You can ab anything on any shop with any internet as long as you have the required settings.

Dont spread false information please.

#131 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:17 AM

You should at least explain which among the things he said is false. Because to my knowledge most of what he said is accurate. I don't know about the specific speeds for legit RS though... we might need to phone a friend for that one.

#132 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:17 AM

If you are going to contradict me, then please post the correct information so all we can get to know it.
And forgive me if it was false, but from my own experience I assumed it was that way.

#133 Acheron

Acheron
  • 586 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:22 AM

I thought what Ziz posted was pretty helpful information. However if it's wrong, care to correct anything?

#134 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:59 AM

Oh, wow! That's very impressive! I like you :p

That sucks about your visit :( Hopefully you'll be able to get a better trip sometime. I really love Dublin, its such a great city. If you're ever over and get the chance, I definitely recommend going to a GAA match! :p It's great craic :p

The course I studied was also Irish Nationalism ^_^ It really struck up some sectarian feelings in our class, which was quite funny. Our teacher was blatantly pro-nationalists XD

My name is Tara ^_^
I love the family crests/coat of arms. Ours is pretty XD

EDIT: So many emotes O_o

Aww, I like you too! :) Anyone who's proud of their heritage gets an A+ in my book. (even STM, that fuck) I mean, I recognize that I am not my ancestors; their past actions do not define who I am. But learning from their experiences is never wrong.

I've been meaning to get back for a more extended visit for quite some time. This is where being a poor college student never helps <_< But I followed GAA for a minute back in 2008. This was my senior year of secondary school, and I had a job at an indoor soccer arena (two full size indoor fields) so I was into all types of foot-ball games. I almost bought a county jersey (uniform? not sure which is used for players' shirts on your side of the pond) but then I realized no one I knew would ever recognize it, nor would they understand that gaelic football is neither american football, nor european football. So I decided to save my money.

My favorite subject from nationalism was The Troubles. I can totally understand people being so fed up they just get up and DO something about it, even if what they're doing is the wrong thing. I mean, there was wrongdoing on every side of the issue, but the worst in my book was the violence perpetrated by the various police forces. They're supposed to protect people, not stir up more conflict by choosing favorites. Obviously the illegal groups were never within the law to begin with, so their violence is almost expected. But civil police are supposed to be capable of showing restraint and compassion for civilians: pulling a gun on someone is about as far from compassionate protection as it gets. And the fact that it all culminated in a push for greater civil rights protection made the whole conflict worth it. I mean, it made it worth discussing.

By contrast, the worst part of the course was partition. Besides how confusing the names were (the parties all use the same descriptions and similar abbreviations for their names) it seems quite moot to discuss the umpteenth plan for division; after the first one, they only changed how much, not how :p

Who says emotes are a bad thing? :thumbsup: This is the internet after all, we can't exactly see each other's faces :p To make up for our lack of verbal and visual connectivity, emotes offer a quick way to show emotion ;) I should make more use of them... but I'll probably forget by tomorrow.

Ummmmmmm back on topic... I just ran another speed test, this time with Speakeasy:

Results aren't in a nice image, but I've copied the numbers out for comparison.
DL speed: 5.07 Mb/s
UL speed: 3.79 Mb/s

#135 Acheron

Acheron
  • 586 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:12 AM

Aww, I like you too! :) Anyone who's proud of their heritage gets an A+ in my book. (even STM, that fuck) I mean, I recognize that I am not my ancestors; their past actions do not define who I am. But learning from their experiences is never wrong.

I've been meaning to get back for a more extended visit for quite some time. This is where being a poor college student never helps <_< But I followed GAA for a minute back in 2008. This was my senior year of secondary school, and I had a job at an indoor soccer arena (two full size indoor fields) so I was into all types of foot-ball games. I almost bought a county jersey (uniform? not sure which is used for players' shirts on your side of the pond) but then I realized no one I knew would ever recognize it, nor would they understand that gaelic football is neither american football, nor european football. So I decided to save my money.

My favorite subject from nationalism was The Troubles. I can totally understand people being so fed up they just get up and DO something about it, even if what they're doing is the wrong thing. I mean, there was wrongdoing on every side of the issue, but the worst in my book was the violence perpetrated by the various police forces. They're supposed to protect people, not stir up more conflict by choosing favorites. Obviously the illegal groups were never within the law to begin with, so their violence is almost expected. But civil police are supposed to be capable of showing restraint and compassion for civilians: pulling a gun on someone is about as far from compassionate protection as it gets. And the fact that it all culminated in a push for greater civil rights protection made the whole conflict worth it. I mean, it made it worth discussing.

By contrast, the worst part of the course was partition. Besides how confusing the names were (the parties all use the same descriptions and similar abbreviations for their names) it seems quite moot to discuss the umpteenth plan for division; after the first one, they only changed how much, not how :p

Who says emotes are a bad thing? :thumbsup: This is the internet after all, we can't exactly see each other's faces :p To make up for our lack of verbal and visual connectivity, emotes offer a quick way to show emotion ;) I should make more use of them... but I'll probably forget by tomorrow.

Ummmmmmm back on topic... I just ran another speed test, this time with Speakeasy:

I'm not Irish or anything but I also love Ireland! So many of my favorite authors are Irish and Irish mythologies are the best. I had to study the conflict in NI for school and I agree with you, the British Army was really more of an hindrance and escalated the conflict to a whole different level.

#136 yoongguk

yoongguk
  • 534 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:17 AM

That's quite strange because my favourite part of the course was partition, I found it most interesting (especially when you got into all the backhandedness (it's actually a word!) and how it was all went about).
My least favourite part of the course was the troubles. I basically grew up listening to my parents and grandparents talking about the troubles, so when it came to learning about it in detail, I was sick of hearing about it. But I do agree with what you're saying.

Back on topic: I'm going to test the internet back home on Thursday. It's out in the country but with a different provider.

#137 Calayst

Calayst
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 12:40 PM

Posted Image

OMG! :x3:

#138 Adina

Adina
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:25 PM

Posted Image

I don't even know what this means.

Edited by Adina, 14 December 2010 - 01:26 PM.

#139 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 04:46 PM

Posted Image

Well this is ok for my leeching from my neighbor (:

#140 Seaner

Seaner
  • 487 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:03 PM

Posted Image

Could be worse I guess.

#141 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:13 PM

does anyone know where the neopets servers are located?
i googled it and came up with new york, is that right?

if so... i have a ping of 308 :x3:

#142 sircomflix

sircomflix
  • 461 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 06:12 PM

Posted Image

OMG! :x3:

Ouch. My condolences.

#143 Adina

Adina
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:42 PM

I just noticed I know the general area of where you all live. You all know my whereabouts too. That's so weird. We're all getting stalked tonight, guys.

#144 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:45 PM

I just noticed I know the general area of where you all live. You all know my whereabouts too. That's so weird. We're all getting stalked tonight, guys.

Yeah not so much. I mean there are millions of people living within 50 miles of DC. I don't really think it's going to be an issue.

#145 Acheron

Acheron
  • 586 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:46 PM

Posted Image

I don't even know what this means.

Look at page five. You basically want a high number for both download and upload, and a low number for ping.

#146 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:18 PM

Look at page five. You basically want a high number for both download and upload, and a low number for ping.

hmm my ping basically goes from 21 down to 15 sometimes eh what does that mean

#147 yoongguk

yoongguk
  • 534 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 05:35 AM

Posted Image

There's my one from my house.

#148 SatansCamaro

SatansCamaro
  • 553 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 05:40 AM

1.46 then .963

#149 Splice

Splice
  • ShadowLink64's Husband

• 114 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:38 AM

Posted Image

Delicious.... delicious.

ALSO... bumping a super old topic!

Edited by Splice, 08 July 2011 - 11:38 AM.

#150 Legault

Legault
  • 108 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:46 AM

Posted Image

D:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users