Photo

The worst part about being single...

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#1 Inver

Inver
  • 298 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:58 PM

Having to wade through the illiteracy of future mates and realizing the cute ones are always the worse off. I swear to Science, if I hear or see another 'dayum', poor punctuation or lazy single letter supplements for a three letter long word I'm going to lose it. Also. Is it me, or is this particular malady more threatening to the female species than the males? Every single chick I go after texts like an elementary student who just got obsessed with Ludacris. Is it so hard to find a female who's intelligent as well as beautiful? I mean, I know she's going to be crazy... but two out of three isn't bad...

Feel free to vent as well.

#2 Blissey

Blissey
  • 581 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:14 PM

Dayum, Sun. You crazee.

#3 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:37 PM

Having to wade through the illiteracy of future mates and realizing the cute ones are always the worse off. I swear to Science, if I hear or see another 'dayum', poor punctuation or lazy single letter supplements for a three letter long word I'm going to lose it. Also. Is it me, or is this particular malady more threatening to the female species than the males? Every single chick I go after texts like an elementary student who just got obsessed with Ludacris. Is it so hard to find a female who's intelligent as well as beautiful? I mean, I know she's going to be crazy... but two out of three isn't bad...

I second that.

Its an instant turn off for me to read something that they right, or to get a text from them.

You see "wat r u up 2" and I just delete her contact details. All I ask for is to actually use words. If your grammar isn't perfect, or your spelling isn't perfect, I honestly dont care. But u, and wat, and all of this shit, I just cant stand it. :(

#4 Dreww

Dreww
  • 552 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:42 PM

I don't use shorthand/text speak simply because it takes too much effort to type, but I don't mind it. I just imagine that their life depends on sending this text message as quickly as possible so they can jump out of the way of a moving vehicle.

#5 Tsunade

Tsunade
  • 676 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:43 PM

I second that.

Its an instant turn off for me to read something that they right, or to get a text from them.

You see "wat r u up 2" and I just delete her contact details. All I ask for is to actually use words. If your grammar isn't perfect, or your spelling isn't perfect, I honestly dont care. But u, and wat, and all of this shit, I just cant stand it. :(

I second this, but for guys, I really hate fucked up variations on the word honey or baby

#6 Abradix

Abradix
  • 769 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:47 PM

I think it has to do with the age range, and being from (I assume) America.

Countrys going to hell in a handbasket, get out before its too late. And if you haven't watched Idiocracy, do that. That should be enough motivation to get the hell out.

#7 Faval

Faval
  • 637 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:53 PM

I think it has to do with the age range, and being from (I assume) America.

Countrys going to hell in a handbasket, get out before its too late. And if you haven't watched Idiocracy, do that. That should be enough motivation to get the hell out.

But where would you move to...canada? :p

#8 Abradix

Abradix
  • 769 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:58 PM

But where would you move to...canada? :p

I picked Japan, where I can always be excused to do whatever I want because I'm white.

Thailand was a close second... Can live like a king there for $100 a month, but theres no income. At least I have a job offer in Japan hawking cell phones to American soldiers!

#9 Dayzee

Dayzee
  • 483 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:04 PM

This. I aLsO cAn'T sTaNd WhEn ThEy Do ThIs.

I read this and I am reminded how very lucky I am to be married to my best friend.

#10 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:05 PM

I don't know a single person who types like that. Although apparently there are a lot of people who do :o

most of my friends type legibly because we're all... i dunno, nerds? Like my friends use semicolons in texts bwahaha

#11 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:11 PM

I read this and I am reminded how very lucky I am to be married to my best friend.

^^ This, totally :)

I havent been single for over 10 years now :) i too am very lucky to be married to my best friend :D

But yeah, i get mates of mine complain all the time about the retarded slappers they go out with. Its unbelievable that in this day and age, hardly anyone uses proper grammar and punctuation anymore. its all like: srs? awww ILU2 blah blah blah. Drives me up the fucking wall hahaha

#12 Dayzee

Dayzee
  • 483 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:11 PM

I don't know a single person who types like that. Although apparently there are a lot of people who do :o

most of my friends type legibly because we're all... i dunno, nerds? Like my friends use semicolons in texts bwahaha

Haha. I must be a nerd, too. No one I have anything to do with types like that either. But the teeny boppers like to post stuff that way on Facebook and My Predator.

#13 ilovepolkadots

ilovepolkadots
  • 724 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:12 PM

i generally do not capitalize my "i"s but that is just some weird esthetic i have o.O

& yes it is an immediate turn off and makes my brain seize a little when people get text stupid
such as this text::

Im trin to say ths the bes way but i like u alot and ur n my head i knw you dnt want a relationship but un ready for 1 if u are ever ready

never get high with friend of friends and talk to them about your relationship status
o.O

Edited by ilovepolkadots, 21 January 2011 - 03:14 PM.

#14 Dreww

Dreww
  • 552 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:13 PM

What About Typing Like This? I Heard It Makes Everything Sound More Formal!

#15 Tsunade

Tsunade
  • 676 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:15 PM

What About Typing Like This? I Heard It Makes Everything Sound More Formal!

Pet hate, its so obnoxious

#16 Abradix

Abradix
  • 769 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:15 PM

Im trin to say ths the bes way but i like u alot and ur n my head i knw you dnt want a relationship but un ready for 1 if u are ever ready

Anybody speak enough retard to translate this?

#17 Dayzee

Dayzee
  • 483 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:16 PM

its all like: srs? awww ILU2 blah blah blah. Drives me up the fucking wall hahaha

^^ Sounds like an Allstate commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtP-S9OS0o0

#18 Tsunade

Tsunade
  • 676 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:17 PM

I'm trying to say this (is) the best way but I like you a lot and you are in my head I know you dont want a relationship but I'm ready for one if you are ever ready

#19 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:20 PM

[/color]

Anybody speak enough retard to translate this?

Ok here goes my attempt..... lol

I'm trying to say this in the best way possible without freaking you out, but i like you a lot. Im a fuckwit who cant spell or use proper grammar. I know you think im a freak now and probably don't wish to be in a relationship with me, but I'm going to stalk you and harass you until you say yes.

lmao

Edited by Strategist, 21 January 2011 - 03:21 PM.

#20 Abradix

Abradix
  • 769 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:22 PM

I'm trying to say this (is) the best way but I like you a lot and you are in my head I know you dont want a relationship but I'm ready for one if you are ever ready

Oh... So basically, a retarded beta-dog whining. My advice to that gentleman? ALPHA THE FUCK UP!

#21 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:36 PM

Oh... So basically, a retarded beta-dog whining. My advice to that gentleman? ALPHA THE FUCK UP!

Here Here! well said Abradix :D

#22 Inver

Inver
  • 298 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:42 PM

Glad to see I have a couple kindred spirits here. It almost makes me want to throw my charming subtle flirting out the window and just scream at everyone I find attractive: "Baby wanna fuck."

And leave it at that.

#23 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:46 PM

i read the title andd expected to see something to be correlated with relationships. forever alone.

#24 Abradix

Abradix
  • 769 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:52 PM

forever alone.

Posted Image

#25 Inver

Inver
  • 298 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:52 PM

i read the title andd expected to see something to be correlated with relationships. forever alone.

You're never alone for long. That seemed too short ranged to dwell on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users