Photo

The worst part about being single...

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#26 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:57 PM

*stays out of topic because I am single and loving it* On another note. I know a friend who's good at english and stuff in real life but when she types/messages me online it's so damn annoying >.< And for me people I know only say "dayum" when they're making fun of something.....usually other people who say "dayum"....

#27 Abradix

Abradix
  • 769 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:02 PM

*stays out of topic because I am single and loving it* On another note. I know a friend who's good at english and stuff in real life but when she types/messages me online it's so damn annoying >.< And for me people I know only say "dayum" when they're making fun of something.....usually other people who say "dayum"....

Dayum gurl, how'd ya get all dat in dem jeans?

*crumps around the room*

No, but seriously.... I hate our ignorant culture.

#28 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:15 PM

Glad to see I have a couple kindred spirits here. It almost makes me want to throw my charming subtle flirting out the window and just scream at everyone I find attractive: "Baby wanna fuck."

And leave it at that.

HAHA that makes two of us. That or just die an old woman with many cats which will eventually eat my body and be discovered months later.

Editttttt to comment on the actual topic haha
Well i like being single .. mainly because i feel guilty when i'm in a relationship and other guys give me attention and i enjoy it. When i'm single i know i can do whatever the hell i want and not worry. I've also kind of given up for the moment because most guys are stupid.

#29 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:48 PM

I"m not really into anyone right now. Like there's hot guy A. I know he's hot. I know he's got a great personality. I know all girls out there must be drooling for him but do I give a shit? Not really :S

#30 Adina

Adina
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:28 PM

The worst part is that there's so many options. (;

Ahahaha jokes. I really don't have that many options since I'm so fucking picky. Either way, I always end up with losers except now. I'm with a decent guy, but his texting is so shitty. I made him stop texting like "wuu2 bby i miss u" because he understood if he'd keep texting that way I just wouldn't reply. >.> Now English is his second language so his spelling is also crappy, but I do the best job I can in correcting him. He doesn't mind being corrected anymore because he's failing the English class we have together and realized I am only helping him. :)

Edited by Adina, 21 January 2011 - 05:29 PM.

#31 BERRIES

BERRIES
  • 232 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:45 PM

Sending short-forms doesn't mean the gal is not intelligent! I seriously don't see the big deal bout, 'wat, u, cuz, cr8, gr8'. Well saying that, I can't stand seeing things like, 'pl0x, b00ks, y0u' and 'wAt U d0iNg?'. LOL. Well, that's just me. :D

Side note: I type full English, no shortcuts in Codex to prevent being shot at. LOL. I use short cuts a lot actually, but I'm ranked somewhere in the top 5% percent range in my school. So, using short cuts = not intelligent?! That hurts. T___________T

#32 Dichromate

Dichromate
  • 277 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 07:12 PM

Have you ever seen how some girls type in online games? Like thiix w0r. n0, srs ;3 iie wuld liike 2 meet euu all in RL bc0z euu all r s0 kewl! >3<

lolwut. How long does it take them to type like that? How is it even possible for them to type that fast like that? And the worse part? They do it because it's cute. Kawaii desu. Like what part of being retarded is cute? Oh right, the retarded part. Guess some people take liking stupider girls a little too far...

But @ thread title : The worst part of being single...Is having the possibility of being not. ;p

#33 ilovepolkadots

ilovepolkadots
  • 724 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 07:16 PM

^^ Sounds like an Allstate commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtP-S9OS0o0

LOVE these videos :D

Ok here goes my attempt..... lol

I'm trying to say this in the best way possible without freaking you out, but i like you a lot. Im a fuckwit who cant spell or use proper grammar. I know you think im a freak now and probably don't wish to be in a relationship with me, but I'm going to stalk you and harass you until you say yes.

lmao

:thumbsup: spot on

Oh... So basically, a retarded beta-dog whining. My advice to that gentleman? ALPHA THE FUCK UP!

yes please

#34 dolphinbomb

dolphinbomb
  • YAAAAAAYYYYY

• 3758 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 07:24 PM

HAY GUYS AMERICA IS THE WORST COUNTRY EVER YOU SHOULD ALL TOTALLY LEAVE LIKE ME I'M GOING TO GLORIOUS NIPPON HEH

Good god you're dumb.

#35 Dreww

Dreww
  • 552 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 07:24 PM

In honor of this board, I'm only going to use shorthand in texts this week. It will be a grand experiment to see which one of my friends notices first.

lolwut. How long does it take them to type like that? How is it even possible for them to type that fast like that? And the worse part? They do it because it's cute. Kawaii desu. Like what part of being retarded is cute? Oh right, the retarded part. Guess some people take liking stupider girls a little too far...

You obviously have no concept of what really is kawaii desu. You will never be a japanese schoolgirl.

Edited by Dreww, 21 January 2011 - 07:24 PM.

#36 Abradix

Abradix
  • 769 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:25 PM

Attached File  images45.jpg   11.7KB   3 downloads

Good god you're dumb.

Defensive Amerifag is defensive.

Edit: Go be white in Japan for 4 years. Tell me it isn't the greatest experience ever. I enjoy standing out, and even if most people think I'm baka-gaijn who cares? I wear a shirt with Kanji on it that says gaijin. Embrace it and love it, because the women do and business people also see the value in speaking English. Because Asia will soon own America. Sinking ship.

I think,
Attached File  images45.jpg   11.7KB   3 downloads

Edited by Abradix, 21 January 2011 - 08:36 PM.

#37 Dichromate

Dichromate
  • 277 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:31 PM

You obviously have no concept of what really is kawaii desu. You will never be a japanese schoolgirl.

And never planned to. It's their opinion anyway, not mine.

#38 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2011 - 12:42 PM

Defensive Amerifag is defensive.

Edit: Go be white in Japan for 4 years. Tell me it isn't the greatest experience ever. I enjoy standing out, and even if most people think I'm baka-gaijn who cares? I wear a shirt with Kanji on it that says gaijin. Embrace it and love it, because the women do and business people also see the value in speaking English. Because Asia will soon own America. Sinking ship.

I really fail to see how a country with more people, and more Gross Income then Japan will be taken over by Japan.

It should be interesting to see at least. Maybe southpark got it right and they will all come over here and be like, "You have really big penis. We have tiny penis" and distract us?

#39 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2011 - 12:48 PM

Chinpokomon
/thread

#40 gogetta

gogetta
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 12:55 PM

Glad to see I have a couple kindred spirits here. It almost makes me want to throw my charming subtle flirting out the window and just scream at everyone I find attractive: "Baby wanna fuck."

And leave it at that.

Ha, now wouldn't that be great!

Nothing worst about being single. Except maybe for those times where you really do just long to be with someone on your emo days. That passes, though! For the most part, I had fun when I was single. No stress, no arguments, nada. All fun! But those days are long gone. lol

#41 esilim

esilim
  • 508 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 12:59 PM

The number of grammatical mistakes and incorrectly used words in your post is appalling, as is the distance between the subject and predicate of the first clause of this compound, complex sentence.
See? There are more important things to communication. Like writing in such a way as to be understood.
Give 'em a break.

#42 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:28 PM

The worst part about being single:
my hand gets cramps.

#43 Abradix

Abradix
  • 769 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:36 PM

I really fail to see how a country with more people, and more Gross Income then Japan will be taken over by Japan.

Did I say Japan? Or did I say Asia? Reading comprehension fail.

#44 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:41 PM

Ok, now that I have read the thread and know what the actual topic of discussion is.
More often than not, when at a computer, I'll properly punctuate what I'm typing.
But goddammit, (with the exception of commas) punctuation in a text message can BLOW ME.
I have to press THREE buttons to make an apostrophe. Think I'm gonna do that? No. I spell out my words in text messages. "u" for "you"? Trying to do that will actually reduce my text speed. I will, on occasion, do that when sending a long message to twitter (140 character limit).

My significant other has a tendency to bastardize texting, but not to a terrible extent. "ur" and "u" are common...but noting like "OmG u R d BsT FrNd EvR"
Doesn't bug me too much. I once texted someone who did this...

(TeXt TeXt TeXt WoRd WoRd DaWg HoMiE ) word word word word text text letters letters

The only reason I tolerated that was because the conversation was about money.

TL;DR I have my limits.

#45 Inver

Inver
  • 298 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 02:05 PM

Ha, now wouldn't that be great!

Nothing worst about being single. Except maybe for those times where you really do just long to be with someone on your emo days. That passes, though! For the most part, I had fun when I was single. No stress, no arguments, nada. All fun! But those days are long gone. lol

You always find yourself in a relationship when you're not looking for one. :p

Sending short-forms doesn't mean the gal is not intelligent! I seriously don't see the big deal bout, 'wat, u, cuz, cr8, gr8'. Well saying that, I can't stand seeing things like, 'pl0x, b00ks, y0u' and 'wAt U d0iNg?'. LOL. Well, that's just me. :D

Side note: I type full English, no shortcuts in Codex to prevent being shot at. LOL. I use short cuts a lot actually, but I'm ranked somewhere in the top 5% percent range in my school. So, using short cuts = not intelligent?! That hurts. T___________T

Perhaps it's more of an indicator of their maturity. I remember trying to be cool online when I was 11, typing lyk ths (Back then, vowels didn't exist). I just find it more attractive when people take the time to fully type out their thoughts instead of rush texting me while they're driving... Or 'chillin'... :/

#46 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2011 - 02:10 PM

I don't type in textspeak because I don't prefer it but whether or not they do really doesn't matter to me especially if they speak perfectly fine in person. It's not like I have trouble reading what they're saying, so it's not a big deal at all.

Oh but people who use q's instead of g's, we can't be friends.

Edited by Mishelle, 22 January 2011 - 02:12 PM.

#47 Inver

Inver
  • 298 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 02:15 PM

I don't type in textspeak because I don't prefer it but whether or not they do really doesn't matter to me especially if they speak perfectly fine in person. It's not like I have trouble reading what they're saying, so it's not a big deal at all.

Oh but people who use q's instead of g's, we can't be friends.

You have to draw the line somewhere...

Haha. Maybe I'm just not used to it... I think I remember ignoring the pathetic excuses for messages last time I was single. We'll see how desperate I get.

#48 MiladyM

MiladyM
  • 428 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 02:21 PM

This. I aLsO cAn'T sTaNd WhEn ThEy Do ThIs.

hahaha, I actually did that when i was around 11. I was so cool back then........:sarcasm:
I only use text speak if it actually doesn't fit in 1 text (I'm a cheapo, i refuse to pay for 2 text messages). But I'm quite sure I make a lot of words shorter without thinking of it.. like "u" instead of "you".
It's a bad habit I got from never having time to write a correct sentence while gaming.

#49 Kevingroetz

Kevingroetz
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:59 AM

I have to use full sentences in text messages. I'm kind of a nut about it. But yeah, being single can suck sometimes.

#50 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:52 AM

The worst part about being single in a relationship..

fixed.

psh, i miss being single.
i love my boytoy lots though, just miss having options and new experiences :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users