• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#126 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:44 AM

Fuck that, I want my Snorlax with a billion defense and HP ASAP.

My old fallback was Golem... get him early and his speed/attack combined with ground/rock will knock out a hefty percentage of enemies :3

#127 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:46 AM

My old fallback was Golem... get him early and his speed/attack combined with ground/rock will knock out a hefty percentage of enemies :3

But that required a friend to trade with you so it could evolve :(

And I had no friends

Who played pokemon

Or existed :'(

#128 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:50 AM

This has now become the official Pokemon thread.

Does anyone else use walkthroughs when playing the game? :\

I am totally cool with that. Not really, but I'll totally refer to Bulbapedia to check locations of my favourites and move lists. I'm impatient and like knowing when an awesome move is coming up.

Well I think the most important thing about keeping a player locked in to the newest generation of pokemon is that it helps recapture the wonder of playing the originals. You're forced to learn about new pokemon and use them to your advantage instead of shifting to a couple of old standbys that you know are good from previous knowledge.

Yeah, that's also going to be nice...until something decides to become rubbish through evolution. You better believe I'm looking at you, Emo-Fringe Bird.
Posted Image

Does everyone know who they'll be picking as their starter? I'm going with Osshawott - all those comics about how unloved he was really pulled at my heartstrings. Yeah, I'm sappy.

#129 Adina

Adina
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:02 AM

First time through: No. Helps keep things a surprise ;)
Second and up: Hells yes. Gotta catch 'em all as soon as possible and have as many items at my disposal as possible.

I think it's annoying as fuck not knowing what comes next, or where to go.
Before I found a walkthrough for soulsilver I was confused as fuck.

#130 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:07 AM

But that required a friend to trade with you so it could evolve :(

And I had no friends

Who played pokemon

Or existed :'(

We can exchange wifi codes, and I'll help you evolve whatever you need evolved :3

Does everyone know who they'll be picking as their starter? I'm going with Osshawott - all those comics about how unloved he was really pulled at my heartstrings. Yeah, I'm sappy.

I know nothing of the new starters and I'm going to keep it that way... although I may go out of my way to make my trip slightly more difficult by picking whichever starter is weak to the first couple Gym Leaders... kind of like picking Charmander in Red/Blue

#131 Jennysaur

Jennysaur
  • 149 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:36 PM

We're talking about pokemon?
LOL
I only play on emulators :p
I need to get a gameboy though so that I can trade pokemon to get them all

#132 Adina

Adina
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:45 PM

To stick to the original subject, my school is selling roses for valentines day and delivering them to the respective person during class.
My boyfriend may be too oblivious to send me one, so I'll send one to myself. ;)

#133 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:50 PM

To stick to the original subject, my school is selling roses for valentines day and delivering them to the respective person during class.
My boyfriend may be too oblivious to send me one, so I'll send one to myself. ;)

Sooooooo lame.

I mean... the actually selling of roses and delivering them is great marketing to make money for whatever cause... but sending yourself one so it looks like someone sent you on in the case your bf forgot is pretty lame. :p

Jus' sayin'....

On that note, I actually do need to come up with a gift for V day... I've always rejected celebrating it on principle... but I promised this year I'd do something special for it... so meh.

Looking for suggestions myself, oddly. :S

#134 Inver

Inver
  • 298 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:52 PM

Aww. I'd send you one... :(

#135 Abradix

Abradix
  • 769 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:51 AM

so I'll send one to myself. ;)

:(

Now I'm too sad to make a snarky comment.

#136 JaneTheDog

JaneTheDog
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:08 AM

lol.
I hate those rose things.
Especially because my boyfriends isn't in the same school as me.

Anyways, he got me two huge 3D posters of my fave movies (I know, a bit early, but we found them somewhere and I loved them so he decided to buy them already)
And I'm getting him mini cupcakes, a little bear that says 'Someone special' and a cute card.
As I'm staying with him for the weekend, and he has to work nearly all saturday, I'm baking valentines cookies with his sister. ^^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users