Photo

How often do you get high?

• Please log in to reply
310 replies to this topic

#101 Frostorm

Frostorm
  • 154 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:38 AM

Getting to the OP's question, i get high few times a week, and personally, i have a nice experience with weed, it makes me wonder about many things (altho it makes you stupid sometimes too, it makes you question yourself about many aspects of the life)

#102 Persuasion

Persuasion
  • 551 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:03 AM

Getting to the OP's question, i get high few times a week, and personally, i have a nice experience with weed, it makes me wonder about many things (altho it makes you stupid sometimes too, it makes you question yourself about many aspects of the life)

Some great peices of artwork and poetry have been writen under the influence of drugs. I think it's a good way to become creative. Maybe it "stupif -ies" us in the sense that we don't see things in the worl the same, but then I could also argue that I was the most creative when I was7 year old :p

#103 Frostorm

Frostorm
  • 154 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:08 AM

Some great peices of artwork and poetry have been writen under the influence of drugs. I think it's a good way to become creative. Maybe it "stupif -ies" us in the sense that we don't see things in the worl the same, but then I could also argue that I was the most creative when I was7 year old :p

"Some"? I'd say most of them :p

#104 Frank274

Frank274
  • 2051 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:03 AM

Pot is overrated and probably the stupidest "drug" out there.

Got high once, thought it was stupid, haven't been there in about 5 years.

#105 Frostorm

Frostorm
  • 154 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:09 AM

Overrated? I'd rather call it the "lesser gate to perception", being LSD the REAL gate to perception.

While high on marijuana, you get amused by the music, the environment and philosophic questions, whilst the cons are getting kinda slow and make you hungry. My experience with marijuana is good, since it let me take the life with my own rythm and it doesn't let me fall into the mass stupidity. So i wouldn't say it's overrated, i'd rather say it's not properly used, since most of the users i've met in the internets don't share my experiences (tho i'm happy cuz i share it with my RL friends)

EDIT: Imho, Alcohol is the stupidest drug out there, thus it's the only one that is legalized.

Edited by Frostorm, 21 February 2011 - 10:13 AM.

#106 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:32 AM

What do you mean you thought it was stupid? Did you feel anything?

#107 Persuasion

Persuasion
  • 551 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:46 AM

EDIT: Imho, Alcohol is the stupidest drug out there, thus it's the only one that is legalized.

If it's legal it stupid? And the opposite? If it's illegal it's good? Hmmm... I think you have it mixed around :p

Edited by zlpqlz, 21 February 2011 - 11:47 AM.

#108 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:52 AM

If it's legal it stupid? And the opposite? If it's illegal it's good? Hmmm... I think you have it mixed around :p

No, he just used the word 'thus' improperly.

#109 Frostorm

Frostorm
  • 154 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:04 PM

What i actually meant is that Alcohol is more damaging than Marijuana, and that it's actually stupid to have it prohibited.

#110 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:14 PM

Posted Image

#111 Frostorm

Frostorm
  • 154 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:14 PM

I actually can't see why Marijuana is considered a drug.

Marijuana can't kill from overdose, drugs can.
Marijuana it's not physically addictive, drugs are.
Marijuana it's 100% natural if you grow it yourself and smoke it or eat it, rest of drugs are not 100% natural.

Even alcohol share the drugs properties i listed above and it's not massively considered a "drug"

#112 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:11 PM

Getting up in the morning isn't an achievement.

I put my pants on one leg at a time just like everyone else.
Except once my pants are on, I make gold records.

I'm an arrogant prick, nothing you say will change it ;)

#113 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:14 PM

That's what I'm wondering...lol never heard anyone describe it as "stupid". I mean the high, not the physical act of getting high.

#114 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:22 PM

Never had any interest in it, even after I found out all the bullshit DARE yelled about was in fact bullshit. It just doesn't smell good, and the smell alone aggravates the shit out of my allergies.

Besides, I have wierd enough thoughts without any outside influence as it is.

#115 Frank274

Frank274
  • 2051 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:37 PM

since it's been so long since, I don't really remember. I just remember the end result, which was me thinking "this is the stupidest thing ever" and never going back.

#116 Fresca

Fresca
  • 514 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:41 PM

Everydayyy except Sundays and Tuesdays because I like to get high at night and I have early classes Monday and Wednesday. I only smoked casually until this past October-ish.

#117 iceberg2477

iceberg2477
  • 353 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:59 PM

"if it comes from the earth, then it was meant for me" :funone:

i havent actually smoked in a couple yrs but i do remember that one summer when you could call my apt a bakery the way i used to smoke heh

I actually can't see why Marijuana is considered a drug.

Marijuana can't kill from overdose, drugs can.
Marijuana it's not physically addictive, drugs are.
Marijuana it's 100% natural if you grow it yourself and smoke it or eat it, rest of drugs are not 100% natural.

Even alcohol share the drugs properties i listed above and it's not massively considered a "drug"

soo true.. marijuana actually is listed as more harmful than meth.. wtf?! smh

#118 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:19 PM

since it's been so long since, I don't really remember. I just remember the end result, which was me thinking "this is the stupidest thing ever" and never going back.

Maybe you weren't actually high. It's not uncommon for people to feel very little their first time, most likely due to inhaling improperly. The moment you realize you feel high isn't going to hit you like a slap in the face, but you should at least feel good. It's also possible that you didn't smoke enough, that it was just shitty weed, or both. Also, different types of cannabis produce different highs. Unless smoking made you feel absolutely horrible, I think you should give it another shot.

#119 Frostorm

Frostorm
  • 154 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:16 PM

Can you link me where it says it's less harmful than meth? I've read other things that can prove that info wrong. Actually, marijuana is the least damaging drug, almost at the point of doing almost anything to your organism.

#120 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:11 AM

Can you link me where it says it's less harmful than meth? I've read other things that can prove that info wrong. Actually, marijuana is the least damaging drug, almost at the point of doing almost anything to your organism.

Are you completely illiterate? You've been misreading everything and none of your posts have made any sense. I apologize if English is not your first language.

Iceberg2477 was only reiterating your point. He was trying to say that according to the US Controlled Substances Act, marijuana is classified as a Schedule I drug, while methamphetamine is Schedule II. Here's a link to the Controlled Substances Act.

Edited by Trichomes, 22 February 2011 - 07:14 AM.

#121 Frostorm

Frostorm
  • 154 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:35 AM

Are you completely illiterate? You've been misreading everything and none of your posts have made any sense. I apologize if English is not your first language.

Excuse me? He clearly said that Marijuana is listed as MORE HARMFUL than Meth, when actually, that's not correct. And i know english is not my first language, but i also know that i'm not bad at it.
Maybe it was HIS misreading, not mine.

PS: If my english is SO bad to the point of calling me illiterate, can you point out which were my mistakes?

Oh, and chill down bro, i'm just talking about something i know about.

Edited by Frostorm, 22 February 2011 - 07:35 AM.

#122 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:14 AM

Excuse me? He clearly said that Marijuana is listed as MORE HARMFUL than Meth, when actually, that's not correct. And i know english is not my first language, but i also know that i'm not bad at it.
Maybe it was HIS misreading, not mine.

PS: If my english is SO bad to the point of calling me illiterate, can you point out which were my mistakes?

Oh, and chill down bro, i'm just talking about something i know about.

I get the feeling you don't know what 'reiterating' means.. it means Iceberg agreed with you, and was actually in disbelief that marijuana was listed as more harmful than meth.
I think you need to read Trichomes post again and think for just a sec.

Edited by Katrinas, 22 February 2011 - 08:16 AM.

#123 Frostorm

Frostorm
  • 154 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:28 AM

I get the feeling you don't know what 'reiterating' means.. it means Iceberg agreed with you, and was actually in disbelief that marijuana was listed as more harmful than meth.
I think you need to read Trichomes post again and think for just a sec.

I just asked for the link. I wanted to know WHERE it was listed as more harmful as meth, since every place i've read or heard about this, marijuana was listed as the least harmful drug. Is there anything wrong there? I maybe was somehow reiterative, but i just asked for the link. If you read my post again you'll realize.

Edited by Frostorm, 22 February 2011 - 08:30 AM.

#124 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:23 AM

Maybe you weren't actually high. It's not uncommon for people to feel very little their first time, most likely due to inhaling improperly. The moment you realize you feel high isn't going to hit you like a slap in the face, but you should at least feel good. It's also possible that you didn't smoke enough, that it was just shitty weed, or both. Also, different types of cannabis produce different highs. Unless smoking made you feel absolutely horrible, I think you should give it another shot.

It didn't feel good my first time. I seriously thought I was gonna die.

#125 Lineage

Lineage
  • 498 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:27 AM

I drink occasionally but that's about it.
From skimming this thread, apparently I live a very boring life compared to everyone else.

Whatevs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users