Photo

How often do you get high?

• Please log in to reply
310 replies to this topic

#151 Dayzee

Dayzee
  • 483 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:15 PM

Psychedelics may have triggered your brother's illness, but they didn't turn him into a schizophrenic. I'm sorry about your brother, but he was already predisposed to the disease and it would shown itself eventually had he experimented with drugs or not.

Also, people generally link schizophrenia with drug use because the onset of schizophrenia usually occurs during the time that most people experiment with drugs. This is correlation, not causation.

Yes, what you say is correct. I was not attributing his illness to the drug use. He takes anti-psychotics which have actually helped to balance him out and he's doing quite well these days. Before he was being treated, you couldn't always tell if he was tripping or "schizzing".

#152 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:50 PM

Hey taking too much LSD/Acid can severely destroy your brain and cause schizo or some other forms of mental illness..But that is taking a huge amount of crap that would cause that.

I usually smoke 3-4 times a week, but it depends..I just got an O so I have been doing it at lest 2-3 times a day for the past couple of days.

Please provide a valid source for your claim that LSD causes brain damage. There has been NO link to neurotoxicity and LSD in any dose.

On my mobile, but wanted to clear that up.

If you still disagree, I'd greatly appreciate a source to validate the claim. :)

#153 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:39 AM

Please provide a valid source for your claim that LSD causes brain damage. There has been NO link to neurotoxicity and LSD in any dose.

On my mobile, but wanted to clear that up.

If you still disagree, I'd greatly appreciate a source to validate the claim. :)

Well not brain damage per say, I am incorrect or incorrectly phrased that. But there are psychological problems that can arise from constant use. Trauma can come in lots of forms.

I mean those who constantly abuse hallucinogens have reported grainy vision / "visual snow." Their vision becomes a bit blurry, temporary or permanent. There is HPPD and even genetic damage occuring..

I wouldn't say actual brain damage but maybe the neurons firing to the brain? Hell Fleetwood Mac's founder suffered trauma from LSD usage.

Edited by Warriors, 25 February 2011 - 12:41 AM.

#154 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2011 - 09:23 AM

Well not brain damage per say, I am incorrect or incorrectly phrased that. But there are psychological problems that can arise from constant use. Trauma can come in lots of forms.

I mean those who constantly abuse hallucinogens have reported grainy vision / "visual snow." Their vision becomes a bit blurry, temporary or permanent. There is HPPD and even genetic damage occuring..

I wouldn't say actual brain damage but maybe the neurons firing to the brain? Hell Fleetwood Mac's founder suffered trauma from LSD usage.

I mentioned PTSD and other psychological issues that can arise above such as bringing about latent mental illness such as schizophrenia. You are correct about HPPD, a disorder I neglected to mention above. I had HPPD for about 6 months after my period of insanely frequent usage... I still have small bursts of HPPD maybe once every couple of weeks, but it only lasts for a minute or two.

But yes, there are psychological issues that can certainly come about, but there is no physical damage done by LSD.

Also, there is no genetic damage occurring. There was a "study" done in the 60's that attempted to conclude that chromosomal damage was being done but it has been disproved several times now. The study was funded by a party that was heavily invested in the scheduling of LSD and the founder of the study actually came out later and said that he intentionally falsified the study for the motives of the government at that time.

#155 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:18 AM

Also, people generally link schizophrenia with drug use because the onset of schizophrenia usually occurs during the time that most people experiment with drugs. This is correlation, not causation.

If you mean the ages of 15-40, i.e the majority of someone's life. Then yes, you are right.
And you'll also be an idiot.

#156 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:59 AM

If you mean the ages of 15-40, i.e the majority of someone's life. Then yes, you are right.
And you'll also be an idiot.

The majority of people with schizophrenia begin to show symptoms between the ages of 16 and 25.
The majority of people start using drugs during adolescence or young adulthood.

Did you really need me to break that down for you?

#157 AyoForYayo

AyoForYayo
  • 503 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:07 AM

Next, I'm very glad early on that Patrick pointed out the difference in crack cocaine and cocaine hcl. He really did the matter great justice and I applaud him on that. I would like to reiterate a small point and add a bit to that... Cocaine cannot be smoked (realistically... I mean, you may get 1% vaporized but it's CERTAINLY not cost effective) in it's common form as a hcl salt. Crack is also not really used for snorting or IV administration... (Would you wanna shoot a product that you know you added baking soda to into your veins?) As for the snorting? Cocaine HCl has a much higher bioavailability nasally than the freebase form... So although some idiots may do it, it's largely ineffective at every level. As to the question regarding why someone would smoke crack over snorting cocaine; Do you not think the high from smoking marijuana is different from eating a brownie? The rapid increase in concentration of the drug in your bloodstream provides for an immediate and much stronger high with a shorter duration... So yes, Crack is just the freebase form of cocaine. The differences lie solely in the route of administration.

I'm both a coke-blower and crack-smoker and they are both different highs believe it or not :o
I don't get the coked-up feeling whenever I'm smoking rock. Crack makes me hallucinate not like a full on trip but I start seeing lights and it feels like my eyeballs are going to pop out of my head and my brains gonna explode. Coke makes me feel less "fuckedup" but it's a bit of a cleaner high.

Although I smoke crack I still like snorting coke because they are both very different highs :D

Ignorance is bliss.

What gets me though is the stigma that surrounds crack but not cocaine. Coke is seen as the rich man's drug, it's classy, it's expensive. Crack is like the opposite, even though, as far as I know it's just free based cocaine.

Crack & coke are very different.
I prefer coke although the crack high is more intense but my tolerance sometimes makes it so I don't get high anymore or if I do for like 1-5 minutes tops unless I haven't been smoking for days.

I come from a very rich, white suburban neighborhood and most people around here are pill poppin' animals and snow blowers, not many crack heads and I don't look like I'd be one. People just don't want to be seen doing "dirty or cheap drugs" for some fucking reason.

If you're doing an Oxy you might as well just get some dope and save yourself the $$ you're fucking up your body regardless I'm sure you don't really give a shit about your health anyways...

#158 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:03 AM

I'm both a coke-blower and crack-smoker and they are both different highs believe it or not :o
I don't get the coked-up feeling whenever I'm smoking rock. Crack makes me hallucinate not like a full on trip but I start seeing lights and it feels like my eyeballs are going to pop out of my head and my brains gonna explode. Coke makes me feel less "fuckedup" but it's a bit of a cleaner high.

Although I smoke crack I still like snorting coke because they are both very different highs :D

Crack & coke are very different.
I prefer coke although the crack high is more intense but my tolerance sometimes makes it so I don't get high anymore or if I do for like 1-5 minutes tops unless I haven't been smoking for days.

I come from a very rich, white suburban neighborhood and most people around here are pill poppin' animals and snow blowers, not many crack heads and I don't look like I'd be one. People just don't want to be seen doing "dirty or cheap drugs" for some fucking reason.

If you're doing an Oxy you might as well just get some dope and save yourself the $$ you're fucking up your body regardless I'm sure you don't really give a shit about your health anyways...

Although your anecdotal evidence is charming, allow me to assure you that soft and hard are both cocaine. (HCl vs. Freebase) Yes, the highs may feel very different, but it's much like the high from snorting blow and shooting blow are different. The only difference lies within the route of administration.

Water, Heat, and Baking Soda hold no magic within them... Crack is just freebase cocaine. Common cocaine is Cocaine HCl.

For the record, I've done plenty of blow and smoked a bit of crack in my time... So I do realize the difference in the highs subjectively, but I also recognize how crack is made.

#159 AyoForYayo

AyoForYayo
  • 503 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:13 AM

Although your anecdotal evidence is charming, allow me to assure you that soft and hard are both cocaine. (HCl vs. Freebase) Yes, the highs may feel very different, but it's much like the high from snorting blow and shooting blow are different. The only difference lies within the route of administration.

Water, Heat, and Baking Soda hold no magic within them... Crack is just freebase cocaine. Common cocaine is Cocaine HCl.

For the record, I've done plenty of blow and smoked a bit of crack in my time... So I do realize the difference in the highs subjectively, but I also recognize how crack is made.

I'm fully aware that theres no magical added drug in crack that makes it a different drug from cocaine. The initial rush from smoking anything vs railing something is very different. Although I'm sure you know that.
Certain drug combinations make drugs feel and act different as well. Shit, if I'm railing dope and smoking rock, the rock is a lot nicer than if I'm just smoking that and that alone.

I was just pointing out that there *is* a difference to the people wonder, coming from someone who has actually done both rather than people that are just making guesses on what they think it might be.

#160 Abradix

Abradix
  • 769 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:29 AM

I'm fully aware that theres no magical added drug in crack that makes it a different drug from cocaine. The initial rush from smoking anything vs railing something is very different. Although I'm sure you know that.
Certain drug combinations make drugs feel and act different as well. Shit, if I'm railing dope and smoking rock, the rock is a lot nicer than if I'm just smoking that and that alone.

I was just pointing out that there *is* a difference to the people wonder, coming from someone who has actually done both rather than people that are just making guesses on what they think it might be.

Stool cory bro.

#161 AyoForYayo

AyoForYayo
  • 503 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:36 AM

Stool cory bro.

That was original.
& it *may* actually be a cool story for the person who was wondering.

#162 Abradix

Abradix
  • 769 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:41 AM

it *may* actually be a cool story for the person who was wondering.

Yea, but lets be honest... Nobody enjoys your drug addled blathering. Thats enough, call it a day, back up and go home.

#163 AyoForYayo

AyoForYayo
  • 503 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:51 AM

Yea, but lets be honest... Nobody enjoys your drug addled blathering. Thats enough, call it a day, back up and go home.

I'm sure someone does, it's 12:50PM so I'd hardly "call it a day" right about now, and I am in fact, at my house.

& to add this thread IS in fact about drugs, just because you dont do them doesn't mean you have to Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image suu much

Edited by AyoForYayo, 26 February 2011 - 09:54 AM.

#164 Abradix

Abradix
  • 769 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:16 AM

I'm sure someone does, it's 12:50PM so I'd hardly "call it a day" right about now, and I am in fact, at my house.

& to add this thread IS in fact about drugs, just because you dont do them doesn't mean you have to Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image suu much

Your preconceived notion is showing.

Can't a person do drugs AND think you're uninteresting? Living proof right here.

#165 AyoForYayo

AyoForYayo
  • 503 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:21 AM

Your preconceived notion is showing.

Can't a person do drugs AND think you're uninteresting? Living proof right here.

Sure why not.
I really dgaf if you do or not though.
Maybe if you weren't such a miserable swamp troll life & people would be more interesting.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#166 Abradix

Abradix
  • 769 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:23 AM

Sure why not.
I really dgaf if you do or not though.
Maybe if you weren't such a miserable swamp troll life & people would be more interesting.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Your response gives me all the validation I need.

Go smoke another marker on tinychat, wanna-be.

#167 Frank12

Frank12
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user!

• 276 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:26 AM

Abradix: 7
AyoForYayo: -2

Edited by Frank12, 26 February 2011 - 10:26 AM.

#168 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:29 AM

Abradix: 7
AyoForYayo: -2

Your meaningless score system perturbs me

#169 Frank12

Frank12

• 276 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:31 AM

Does it look like I care. And its not a system, its a joke because I agree with Abradix.

#170 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:33 AM

Does it look like I care. And its not a system, its a joke because I agree with Abradix.

cool story, bro

#171 Abradix

Abradix
  • 769 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:34 AM

I worked hard for mah points. Imma bite your nose off and spit it into your eyes.

Posted Image

#172 Frank12

Frank12

• 276 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:34 AM

cool story, bro

Way to be original.

#173 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:38 AM

Way to be original.

Way to be not boring

I worked hard for mah points. Imma bite your nose off and spit it into your eyes.

Posted Image

Good luck with that, flat nose and small eyes = difficult :D

#174 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:38 AM

Go smoke another marker on tinychat, wanna-be.

Come on guys, lets be friends. Sure Ayo smokes pens and Abradix is like 40 or something. That's no reason to be so mean to one another.

#175 Abradix

Abradix
  • 769 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:42 AM

Come on guys, lets be friends. Sure Ayo smokes pens and Abradix is like 40 or something. That's no reason to be so mean to one another.

I'm only 35 :(

Good luck with that, flat nose and small eyes = difficult :D

Asians only evolved that way because I kept biting off their noses. Thank your forefathers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users