Quantcast

Photo

Let's describe a racist and their use of racist words !

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
65 replies to this topic

#1 Derriere

Derriere
  • The Black Guy

• 686 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:53 AM

Like the title says. What are some visual aspects in your mind that consists a racist?
And what words of context would they normally use? Let's dissect this problem, shall we? : D

#2 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:56 AM

Hah. You, my friend are very entertaining. I wish I had you around when I was a mod. We could have always used more trolling ;)

Racism often does not consist of racist words. It is attitude and first impressions.

#3 Derriere

Derriere
  • The Black Guy

• 686 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:01 PM

Yeah you see this don't you? LOL. You're cute. Still a colombian.

Hah. You, my friend are very entertaining. I wish I had you around when I was a mod. We could have always used more trolling ;)

Racism often does not consist of racist words. It is attitude and first impressions.

Oh and I wish you were still a mod, we could've had fun together. ( :
Could racism also be misinterpreted by others? Yes I think so, too. LOL !

#4 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:06 PM

Nicely said. Although words do have power.

I am abrasive as shit, but I personally find the word 'nigger' to be derogatory, much like 'faggot'. I understand the black community has accepted this word and a lot of people use it in friendly terms, but because I have heard people use both 'faggot' and 'nigger' with such unabashed hatred, I can't help grimacing every time I hear them.

But, Tupac or whatever your name is, I do not think you are a racist because you use the N word. I think you're racist because you hate Asians.

#5 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:07 PM

Oh and I wish you were still a mod, we could've had fun together. ( :
Could racism also be misinterpreted by others? Yes I think so, too. LOL !

Yes, we could have :)

It's often misinterpreted by others by either being true racism or just a stupid choice of words which didn't mean to harm anyone. Much like the latest Dove ad seen here:
http://www.buzzfeed..../racist-dove-ad

Would Dove really try to sabotage themselves by making a racist ad especially when they cater to women of all types? Hell no. Are people sometimes overly sensitive? Hell yes.

#6 Derriere

Derriere
  • The Black Guy

• 686 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:13 PM

Exactly my point. They can't leave that concept that the word is racist cause it's been used so long again.
But nobody gives a fuck if you go to a chinese man and say, What's good, chink ? Cause they simply don't give a fuck LOL.

And punk, those bastards (some chinese jail wardens) imprison prisoners (lol) to play WoW to farm gold to cash in extra money,
those fuckers are masterminds and they're unbelievable exploitive obviously I'd hate them to. I wish i could be like them.

And yeah lol that Dove commercial l agree. If they placed the black woman in the middle
they'd just let that shit go. Sensitive that we are. : )

#7 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:14 PM

That Dove ad is... unfortunate. Clearly it was not their intention to say "Before: your skin is ashy like this chubby black woman, and After: your skin is radiant and smooth like this thin white woman"

#8 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:24 PM

Nicely said. Although words do have power.

I am abrasive as shit, but I personally find the word 'nigger' to be derogatory, much like 'faggot'. I understand the black community has accepted this word and a lot of people use it in friendly terms, but because I have heard people use both 'faggot' and 'nigger' with such unabashed hatred, I can't help grimacing every time I hear them.

But, Tupac or whatever your name is, I do not think you are a racist because you use the N word. I think you're racist because you hate Asians.

Words absolutely have power. Anyone who says differently needs to get their head checked. People have been killed over bad translations. Any word, though, needs to have the intent behind it looked at before it should be considered racist. Over the internet, it's REALLY difficult to interpret the intent of a statement which can make a mod's job that much harder at times. I'm kind of getting a grasp on the situation... a mod has a few choices: develop a policy that nobody can say that word, leave it up to the intent and say screw you to people who tried to complain that in the past they got a different ruling, or let everybody say what they want. I personally go for the screw you option as I believe it's the most fair, plus it saves policies needing to be made. If people don't like it, they can cry to the superiors.

Look Derriere (sorry, I just can't type that without giggling), I don't know the situation, I don't pretend to know the situation, nor do I know the staff's policies on racism and censorship anymore, but a mod's job is difficult and sometimes you make decisions that really piss people off. It's inevitable. If you want a change, I suggest you go the proper channels and talk to an admin about it. I'm not saying that they will side with you at all, but it's a better start than what might get you suspended. Unless, of course, that's what you want. If that's the case, have at it.

#9 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:41 PM

On my mobile... Might add more later. But wanted to add that there is a definite distinction between "nigger" and "nigga".

#10 Derriere

Derriere
  • The Black Guy

• 686 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:45 PM

Where have you been ? Please be a mod again !
I'm not hating on the mod at all. But here's a short story:

"Hey Donny, stfu nigger."
"HEY THAT'S A RACIST INSULT."
"Saying nigger isn't racist."
"It's racist."
"No it's not."
-"Kay I'll make a board to see if people think it's racist."
3 people voted - NO.
"I'm ending this vote. The word nigger is racist. kbye."
"What a colombian."

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL. Love my story please.

On my mobile... Might add more later. But wanted to add that there is a definite distinction between "nigger" and "nigga".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp2yynZDVjI
OR

Can you lend a nigga a pencil ?

Edited by Derriere, 28 May 2011 - 12:47 PM.

#11 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:47 PM

"It's racist."
"No it's not."
3 people voted - NO.
"What a colombian."

You where warned in the past for being racist. Then being racist, and then being racist.

You saying Nigger will be considered being racist. Simple as that.

Makes a poll about it wont change that.

#12 Derriere

Derriere
  • The Black Guy

• 686 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:50 PM

You where warned in the past for being racist. Then being racist, and then being racist.

You saying Nigger will be considered being racist. Simple as that.

Makes a poll about it wont change that.

That wasn't being racist. OMG. So i'm like considered a racist in these boards now? LOL.
I feel like I've just been labelled a sex offender. I'm part black, am I still racist? Plot twist, dun dun DUN.

EDIT: Btw you're the one who warned me those 2x of "being racist." Then when I tried to ask the members of neocodex
if it was a racist term and if they felt offended. If you actually let that vote finish and decide on its own. It wouldn't have come to this
And if the majority voted that it was racist and they feel offended I would have kindly stopped. Yet you declared me a racist and making the use of the word
racist. When I even censored the word on the board for the poll. But you're response was simply, "it's racist, board closed." Thanks tips.

Edited by Derriere, 28 May 2011 - 12:55 PM.

#13 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:53 PM

"It's racist."
"No it's not."
3 people voted - NO.
"What a colombian."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp2yynZDVjI

Way too busy, sorry. I only come in on a long whim. I'm currently overwhelmed by about 6 projects so I just don't have the time @_@

One of the most important things to do is stick by a decision otherwise you appear wishy washy. I'm sure there's been a topic in the staff section which is addressing the issue or already has. Part of the ToS for neocodex says that we cannot have racist statements. It's up to the staff to determine if it is or is not racist, not people voting because it could give a very bad impression of the board to potential members and new members are the current lifeblood of this community. You've got to look at it from a perspective of someone who doesn't know you or anyone else on the board. A lot of people might be put off by the word just on face value no matter how you intended it, so I'm sure they prefer you not say it in areas which can be viewed by guests.

#14 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:02 PM

But nobody gives a fuck if you go to a chinese man and say, What's good, chink ? Cause they simply don't give a fuck LOL.

Yeah. Rascist words don't work if the other party doesn't know wtf that word means :/As for nigger. It doesn't affect me personally because I'm not black but I agree with punk when that it's derogatory just like "faggot", "dyke" and the phrase "that's so gay".

#15 Derriere

Derriere
  • The Black Guy

• 686 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:09 PM

Yeah. Rascist words don't work if the other party doesn't know wtf that word means :/As for nigger. It doesn't affect me personally because I'm not black but I agree with punk when that it's derogatory just like "faggot", "dyke" and the phrase "that's so gay".

Are you serious on this? THEY KNOW.
Like white people know when they get called a cracker.

SIMPLY PUT NO FUCKS ARE GIVEN.

Tetiel : I agree. But it's not been reported at all. I've been saying the word for weeks, new and old members didn't care.If they didn't give a shit to report or whatnot. And I'll respect that, but suddenly it becomes racist? After all the weeks I've countlessly posted "nigger" without anyone being offended. Suddenly it's bad and a form of racism on MY part lol, wtf?

And that poll was to help me understand if I was in the wrong, because if you're doing/saying the same shit for weeks
and suddenly accused for it the next day. You're not gonna stand for that shit. And if other people say I'm in the wrong then wtf
i'll own up to that shit and say I AM WRONG, but that's not the case. So I'm still going by it.

And as for the community I wouldn't fuck with it.

Edited by Derriere, 28 May 2011 - 01:10 PM.

#16 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:10 PM

I'm pretty sure that there are people out there that are both offended at being called a cracker or chink. Just because you haven't met any, doesn't mean they aren't out there. I must say, you have a set on you if you feel comfortable about going to downtown Spadina and saying that.

#17 Derriere

Derriere
  • The Black Guy

• 686 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:13 PM

I'm pretty sure that there are people out there that are both offended at being called a cracker or chink. Just because you haven't met any, doesn't mean they aren't out there. I must say, you have a set on you if you feel comfortable about going to downtown Spadina and saying that.

NO WAYYYY. You're from Toronto? <3
Exactly what I mean, same goes to black people being called nigger. It goes both ways.

But let's face it. Black people will take it worst LOL they'll take their sweaters, roll up their sleeves.
And say let's go, heck they're throw the first punch without notice. As for asians and white, they'll take a minute to react
before they decide they want to start shit or not. But there's always those people on all sides of the nation that will fuck you up without thinking if you cross them.

My bros are like that. But the older one is a bit wiser and older now
and will give 3 strikes/chances to them to stfu if insults are thrown. They were both in a gang.

But let's face it nobody tries to act hard anymore. Generations changing where smart is cool.
Working out, being in shape is in. Making money, none of that gang-related crime. if you still do, you probably live in the ghetto.
No offense to anybody but if you are, it's hard to escape that especially if you're born into it. But if you're not just stop that shit.

LOL babbled on about there . . this is just from experience.
Reactions obviously differs in places.

Edited by Derriere, 28 May 2011 - 01:22 PM.

#18 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:24 PM

Tetiel : I agree. But it's not been reported at all. I've been saying the word for weeks, new and old members didn't care.If they didn't give a shit to report or whatnot. And I'll respect that, but suddenly it becomes racist? After all the weeks I've countlessly posted "nigger" without anyone being offended. Suddenly it's bad and a form of racism on MY part lol, wtf?

And that poll was to help me understand if I was in the wrong, because if you're doing/saying the same shit for weeks
and suddenly accused for it the next day. You're not gonna stand for that shit. And if other people say I'm in the wrong then wtf
i'll own up to that shit and say I AM WRONG, but that's not the case. So I'm still going by it.

And as for the community I wouldn't fuck with it.

Well that's why I'm saying you should get an official ruling. I'm not trying to say that iargue is in the right or the wrong, but you need to get an official stance on the matter. I understand why it's confusing, but this might be the first time it's been reported. As I've said, I don't know. I can only try to steer you towards the right direction.

Unfortunately, the poll is not going to be an accurate interpretation of what people feel either. It's practically impossible to get unless you did a mass email to all users and forced them to vote or their accounts would be banned and even then, you might not get a good response because to a lot of people, it depends on the usage and it's not black and white, so they can't say yes or no.

Exactly what I mean, same goes to black people being called nigger. It goes both ways.

I lived in Toronto for two years. Now I'm in Windsor. I was in the Rexdale area and know most areas of the city pretty well.

#19 Derriere

Derriere
  • The Black Guy

• 686 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:27 PM

LOL. I'm not trying to get the whole neocodex member list to get on this.
Most people who'll vote are active people who gives a shit on that matter.

AND I'll be honest. I didn't/don't care about it enough to make an official ruling and ask an admin
I was down to switch nigger to colombian, w/e makes him happy LOL. Personally this is just me acting out bitchy.

I'm not serious on the matter. I like to act like it is. I'll get over it in less than a day.
I didn't expect this to be serious at all, and still i'm not , not serious enough to ask an admin for an official ruling atleast. LOL.

He obviously can't say shit cause he knows to stfu.
And I'll give him that.

#20 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:29 PM

But let's face it. Black people will take it worst LOL they'll take their sweaters, roll up their sleeves.
And say let's go, heck they're throw the first punch without notice. As for asians and white, they'll take a minute to react
before they decide they want to start shit or not. But there's always those people on all sides of the nation that will fuck you up without thinking if you cross them.

My bros are like that. But the older one is a bit wiser and older now
and will give 3 strikes/chances to them to stfu if insults are thrown. They were both in a gang.

But let's face it nobody tries to act hard anymore. Generations changing where smart is cool.
Working out, being in shape is in. Making money, none of that gang-related crime. if you still do, you probably live in the ghetto.
No offense to anybody but if you are, it's hard to escape that especially if you're born into it. But if you're not just stop that shit.

LOL babbled on about there . . this is just from experience.
Reactions obviously differs in places.

I'm sure that's because people in your community have said that they will not take that type of bullshit anymore. If you don't want to be called that, you shouldn't call anyone else the equivalent for their race. It's hypocritical if you do. If people in your family are doing well for themselves and got out of that situation, I'm happy for them. It's very difficult to break the cycle not only of poverty and violence, but of racism of all types as well. We often learn how to act from our parents.

#21 Derriere

Derriere
  • The Black Guy

• 686 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:31 PM

Well that's why I'm saying you should get an official ruling. I'm not trying to say that iargue is in the right or the wrong, but you need to get an official stance on the matter. I understand why it's confusing, but this might be the first time it's been reported. As I've said, I don't know. I can only try to steer you towards the right direction.

Unfortunately, the poll is not going to be an accurate interpretation of what people feel either. It's practically impossible to get unless you did a mass email to all users and forced them to vote or their accounts would be banned and even then, you might not get a good response because to a lot of people, it depends on the usage and it's not black and white, so they can't say yes or no.

I lived in Toronto for two years. Now I'm in Windsor. I was in the Rexdale area and know most areas of the city pretty well.

WORDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD! NO WAY. I lived in the Rexdale area. But I moved up
to Jane and Sheppard but I'm up in Vaughan now, big change. Basically was there for elementary and high school till gr10.

And I'm very familiar with Weston and Jane lived there for a few years also .
I personally miss that area. Whoaaah that's pretty coool bro. (:

#22 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:34 PM

LOL. I'm not trying to get the whole neocodex member list to get on this.
Most people who'll vote are active people who gives a shit on that matter.

AND I'll be honest. I didn't/don't care about it enough to make an official ruling and ask an admin
I was down to switch nigger to colombian, w/e makes him happy LOL. Personally this is just me acting out bitchy.

I'm not serious on the matter. I like to act like it is. I'll get over it in less than a day.
I didn't expect this to be serious at all, and still i'm not , not serious enough to ask an admin for an official ruling atleast. LOL.

He obviously can't say shit cause he knows to stfu.
And I'll give him that.

But then it just makes you look like you hate Colombians and I'm sure that's not true. Maybe change it to jackass? Oh we're not that serious, but merely having a conversation. As I said to you at first, you know how to troll lol. Still, if it becomes an issue, you know what to do.

WORDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD! NO WAY. I lived in the Rexdale area. But I moved up
to Jane and Sheppard but I'm up in Vaughan now, big change. Basically was there for elementary and high school till gr10.

And I'm very familiar with Weston and Jane lived there for a few years also .
I personally miss that area. Whoaaah that's pretty coool bro. (:

Technically it was Islington and Dixon but close enough. But christ, I've heard terrible things about that area. Is it really as bad as they say? Jane and Finch especially.

#23 Derriere

Derriere
  • The Black Guy

• 686 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:36 PM

I'm not being hypocritical I was pointing out either nationality there'll always be someone who won't take things lightly no matter what culture OR race.
I was describing my brothers, NOT ME. don't get that shit mixed. And I was trying to add humor. I can't live without humor.

Parents is one, but when you're influenced by older people.
You'll act different with family and strangers when you're with family. That's the teachings of the parents.
ONCE you're out of that and have friends especially older that demonstrates things in a different perspective
you obviously change attitudes outside of your household/family. A very nice dude and a crazy person the next

#24 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:39 PM

Generations changing where smart is cool.

So get smart and stop calling people 'niggers', you jank-ass motherfucker.
ooops.
Posted Image
By 'jank-ass motherfucker', I meant 'homie'.

#25 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:46 PM

So what if hipster-tupac wants to use the word nigger. Big fucking deal. If you want to enforce some kind of board wide decency then implement a word-filter that's enabled by default, if people want to use big and mature words then they can disable it and if they encounter those nasty words and report somebody for using them then you can easily tell them to just turn their fucking filter back on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users