• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#26 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:57 PM

I don't like it when I dream =/ Mine freak me out.. most of the time they are frightening. A common one I have is where I'm outside talking with a friend and I get this weird feeling. Then the sky gets a bit darker and clouds up, and I look up to a flash and lightning from one spot in the sky. There's something coming out of the clouds and it makes the sky around it turn a purple color. I proceed to flip my shit while my friend is completely unaware. I try to warn everyone but no one listens or sees what I see. Then my dream ends as I'm running inside my house. Fucking aliens, man. Maybe too much Mass Effect or Halo, I don't know. It's not necessarily the dream that scares me, but the overwhelming level of fear it brings and that it's still there when I wake up. Fuck dreams, man.

#27 nyquil

nyquil
  • 148 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:11 PM

I don't like it when I dream =/ Mine freak me out.. most of the time they are frightening. A common one I have is where I'm outside talking with a friend and I get this weird feeling. Then the sky gets a bit darker and clouds up, and I look up to a flash and lightning from one spot in the sky. There's something coming out of the clouds and it makes the sky around it turn a purple color. I proceed to flip my shit while my friend is completely unaware. I try to warn everyone but no one listens or sees what I see. Then my dream ends as I'm running inside my house. Fucking aliens, man. Maybe too much Mass Effect or Halo, I don't know. It's not necessarily the dream that scares me, but the overwhelming level of fear it brings and that it's still there when I wake up. Fuck dreams, man.

While reading your dream about the clouds all that kept popping into my mind was the movie James and the Giant Peach with the rhino cloud :p

#28 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:14 PM

While reading your dream about the clouds all that kept popping into my mind was the movie James and the Giant Peach with the rhino cloud :p

Actually pretty similar now that I think about it.
..Weird.

#29 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:53 AM

I was really hoping to remember a dream from last night so that I could write it in this thread, and I did!

I was sitting in a restaurant with another woman. It was not super fancy but they had some really cool food. We were diagonally across from each other at a square table. We were both waiting for our dates. I got a text message from Scot that said that he was coming, but it would be a while. I got upset and started to text him back, and then he came up behind me and put his arms around me. I jumped up and gave him a big hug and playfully chastised him for messing with me like that. Then we sat down to eat, and admired a rack of lobster tails that was on the bar next to our table. The woman we were sitting with (I don't know if her date actually came, I never saw him) started picking up the tails and looking at them, disgusted. One or two of them dropped to the floor. Scot and I were like, "What the hell is wrong with you?" We told her to leave the lobster alone and she did. Then I told Scot about a member here whose name always makes me giggle.

The member is Aquatine and the reason is because it always makes me think of this:

Posted Image

Scot laughed and said that he thought the same thing! (I wonder if he really does).

#30 EveMazing

EveMazing
  • 142 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:11 AM

I've had psychic dreams before.

And one time I dreamt of a spider and looked it up and it said something about that meaning that there is an overbearing person or something that is like very clingy, and it fit this girl i was seeing perfectly:
Spiders are a symbol of creativity due to the intricate webs they spin. On a negative note, spiders may indicate a feeling of being entangled or trapped in a sticky or clingy relationship. It represents some ensnaring and controlling force. You may feel that someone or some situation is sucking the life right out of you. Seeing a spider climbing up a wall in your dream indicates that your desires will be soon be realized. Dreaming that you are bitten by a spider, represents a conflict with your mother or some dominant female figure in your life. The dream may be a metaphor for a devouring mother or the feminine power to possess and entrap. Perhaps you are feeling trapped by some relationship.
EXPLAIN THAT. It was perfect.

For the last six months I dreamt about my ex gf at least 5 times a week and it was aggravating. I had to come up with a method to keep from dreaming at all.

Edited by EveMazing, 11 January 2012 - 08:16 AM.

#31 chini

chini
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:30 PM

I still have mild PTSD dreams every once in a while about the animal neglect I witnessed in my household growing up. It will usually take place in the house I grew up in, and will be me involving finding animals that I owned as a kid both alive and dead. Some will have an empty water bottle and food bowl with a carcass just rotting in the filth of the cage and there will be some alive in different conditions. It's as if I stumbled upon these animals and I attempt to save them and get them out of that situation. Sometimes I would even have my own animals be there, but somehow they get loose and I find all of them except a couple.

It will always be a non dog/cat species, which makes sense because we would take them to the pound before they would get neglected for too long. I always have nightmares about reptiles, rabbits, and small pocket pets being severely neglected

#32 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:55 AM

Anyone ever live out long spans of time in your dreams? I some times have dreams where I fall in love with a girl that my mind creates, like deep love. We spend years together, having fun, making memories, and growing close. Then in a blink of an eye I just wake up and it's all gone...forever. Small details pop into my head in the moments after I wake up but each one is always accompanied by the reminder that there is so much more that I'm never gonna remember. And I just lie there having a mini existential crisis and become depressed for the rest of the day.

#33 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:58 AM

Anyone ever live out long spans of time in your dreams? I some times have dreams where I fall in love with a girl that my mind creates, like deep love. We spend years together, having fun, making memories, and growing close. Then in a blink of an eye I just wake up and it's all gone...forever. Small details pop into my head in the moments after I wake up but each one is always accompanied by the reminder that there is so much more that I'm never gonna remember. And I just lie there having a mini existential crisis and become depressed for the rest of the day.

INCEPTION.

#34 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:58 AM

Spiders are a symbol of creativity due to the intricate webs they spin.

So how come every web looks the same?

Dreams mean jack shit and that's that.

#35 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:00 AM

INCEPTION.

Statistically speaking, I should've expected this response.

#36 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:21 AM

Oh boy, dreams! My favourite things :3

I've been having all kinds of long, detailed dreams over the past couple of years! Which mostly include something about teeth/airports/planes/trains/train stations, and recently, time traveling! I can also remember dreams extremely clearly, even ones I had years and years ago (even two I had when I was a toddler :p)! But I can't remember important shit from in real life, heheheh~
I've also had a lucid dream before! It was pretty lame though, all I did was go into a cafe and watch some show on the TV in there, then woke up... x3

Posted Image

(P.S. I'm gonna make a Yume Nikki-esque game, which has worlds based on nothing but my dreams! And it'll have quite a lot of worlds and events :3)

#37 nyquil

nyquil
  • 148 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:34 PM

I haven't but this sounds really intense and wish I had these kind of dreams (except for the following depression) when I actually do dream and recall them in the morning.

#38 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:56 AM

(P.S. I'm gonna make a Yume Nikki-esque game, which has worlds based on nothing but my dreams! And it'll have quite a lot of worlds and events :3)

So you're going to write a book?

edit: nvm, read worlds as words.

#39 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:41 AM

I had a dream where I was walking through a crowd, very crowded mall like area. Two floors, buildings everywhere that were stores. It was sunny, no roof. I remember there being no room to sit, it reminded me of black Friday shopping it was so crowded. I was scanning the crowd looking for someone only I didn't know who I was looking for. Then suddenly whoever I was looking for was there I saw him. I walked up to him and I killed him and kept walking. It took the crowd a few minutes to start reacting. I imagine he didn't collapse right away. I kept walking and then I saw someone else... I followed her a little while then I killed her. In the same crowd and I kept moving. I wasn't killing everyone just specific people. It felt so justified, like I was righting some past wrong. I don't know who the people were but I knew they had to die. Then I was in a school. There was a young teacher, after her class was dismissed I walked in. She was cleaning the blackboard. Like the others I killed her too.

I've never understood this dream or even been able to find a meaning for it. Could someone help me?

#40 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:41 AM

Last night I dreamt that Unseen came on Tiny and played a video for his feed of a guy styling his mohawk and tried to pretend it was him. I said it obviously wasn't him. He was like, "Why not?" I said duh, because I know what you look like and that isn't you.

I don't think there is any real meaning behind this one.

#41 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:50 AM

ON the topic of lucid dreaming: best lucid experience I have had was rarely recently. Once I realized it wasn't a normal deam crazy shit began to happen.

#42 Jaws

Jaws
  • 538 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:51 AM

I think in prehistoric times when early humans lived dangerous lives and were in constant threat of being attacked by wild predators, dreams would have helped to prepare them. If you have two apes where one of them has a recurring dream about getting attacked by a wolf and one who dreams about complete nonsense, in all likelihood the first ape is gonna have a better chance of escaping with their life.

Well he could dream about being attacked by a wolf, that wouldn't make it that close to how a real encounter would be... maybe if he were attacked in the past by a wolf

About Lucid dreaming, most of the times I have to prepare myself for it... so I have to make sure to sleep for a long period during the night, and then when I go to sleep in the afternoon, usually with lights on / music on, it occurs.
Sometimes I lucid dream without any preparations during the night, which I've found to be pretty rare though but definitely an awesome experience... only thing is that I can't keep focus of it for a long time span so I eventually fade back into my unconscious dream.

I just "spend time" with my loved one usually

Edited by Jaws, 13 January 2012 - 06:51 AM.

#43 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:21 PM

We were both waiting for our dates. I got a text message from Scot that said that he was coming, but it would be a while. I got upset and started to text him back, and then he came up behind me and put his arms around me. I jumped up and gave him a big hug and playfully chastised him for messing with me like that. Then we sat down to eat, and admired a rack of lobster tails that was on the bar next to our table.

Dawwwww!!! That's super cute :3
I haven't had any cute dreams lately...

#44 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:32 PM

Rainie's weird dreams #2 (okay no, this dream is actually pretty normal compared to my usual ones cX ~) :

So apparently I was at the park with Danny /my crush from a year ago that moved away cx/ and we were sitting under a sakura (cherry blossom) tree. Then, he randomly got some cinnamon buns from out of nowhere /probably due to me craving them lately x3/ and gave me one ( :D ~ ). As we were eating, this random ninja panda (okay, maybe it is a bit weird) came out of nowhere /why is everything coming out of nowhere O_o?/, stared at us, and then poofed ( x3 ~ )!
..There was probably more to the dream, but I can't remember the rest x3

#45 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:21 PM

/why is everything coming out of nowhere O_o?/

Haven't you seen Inception? Things come out of nowhere because dreaming is a constant state of creation and destruction. Things are created in your dream instantaneously - the law of cause and effect does not apply.

#46 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:26 PM

I can't think of a single reason any of you would be interested in my dreams.

#47 MisterDerp

MisterDerp
  • 261 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:27 PM

All I want is a dream with my waifu, IT'S ALL I ASK OF MY BRAIN.

And yet, after all the begging, it just gives boring dreams like seeing a movie and walking home afterwards.

So boring.

I had a dream where Toei Kaiba became evil because he saw his caretaker feeding stray cats to some monster they had in their basement. He didn't think about it until he started eating a hard-boiled green egg, and when he finally realized it, he snapped.

It's not me with my "husbando" but it's the next best thing; my husbando in a dream. :p

...god, the word 'husbando' is stupid.

Anyway, I have recurring dreams about being lit on fire or dying in a burning building. In one of them, I was talking to someone at night and some thug drove by me several times as I was talking and threw a molotov cocktail at me, lighting me on fire. I don't give a fuck what people say about burning buildings being a burning passion for home - if dreams about burning houses involve being burnt alive in situations other than a building, it's probably not about "home sweet home."

Edited by MisterDerp, 13 January 2012 - 02:33 PM.

#48 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:49 PM

I can't think of a single reason any of you would be interested in my dreams.

I am interested, but in a creepy lusting for information kind of way.

#49 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:28 PM

I am interested, but in a creepy lusting for information kind of way.

That's how dead people's phones got hacked.

#50 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:34 PM

...god, the word 'husbando' is stupid.

Waifu is too, but I can't go around just using wife, people'll think I'm married or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users