Tattoos

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:36 PM

Got a new piece for my 21st birthday, I wanted to share.

Posted Image

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” -Charles Bukowski

This will be accompanied by an angel of death, wings wrapped around the top of pectorals.

Share and discuss tattoo stuff.

#2 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

Just fucking beautiful. I saw the tat before the quotation and thought "how pretentious", but context paints a much more flattering picture. I imagine it's going to look jaw-droppingly awesome once all the pieces are in place.

I have three myself: an ambigram on my left forearm that reads "Philosophy" one way and "Art & Science" the other, a yin-yang within a star within a star inside my right wrist, and the number 170 a little before my right fulcrum. I've been contemplating getting "Vi veri veniversum vivus vici." for some time now, just not sure where's best to put it.

#3 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

Do you have any pictures of the ambigram? I love those.

#4 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:54 PM

I have an eye on my leg, a crescent moon in my ear, and a happy stoner sun on my upper ass.

#5 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

I think I might get a panda on my back. Because I'm lame and Asian.

and fat.

#6 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:57 PM

I like the quote, but I'm not a fan of the font you've used.

I've been wanting to get a tattoo for a while now, but I haven't been able to commit to where I want it to be. Like you, I want to go with a Charles Bukowski line: I run with the hunted.

I've got two other quotes in mind with pretty much the same theme, but this is the one that I want to get done first.

#7 IcedEarth

IcedEarth
  • 724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:46 AM

Awesome! I have a skull and crossbones on my delt.

#8 Averssion

Averssion
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:39 AM

Oh that's awesome o: I loved it even before I saw the original quote it came from tbh xD
I've got an oroboros around my left angle, a quote from the Satyricon (that's also at the beginning of the Wasteland) on the small of my back and I'm getting another pretty soon on my hip -- though I haven't really decided what yet :p

#9 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:46 AM

This is on my right shoulder blade. Marvel comics character of, you guessed it, Penance.
Posted Image

Edit: Dang Travis I do like that quote very much!

Edited by BluePenance, 07 April 2012 - 05:50 AM.

#10 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:01 AM

Looks inventive and indeed well-thought-through. I personally have no tattoos, but my mother has one on each wrist (Left is her and my father's initials, Right is my mine, my sister and brother's initials - all first names), and my sister the pi symbol on her right (?) ankle. I just don't get it...

#11 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:28 AM

I have one tattoo, and I want more.

#12 RedRaz0r

RedRaz0r
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

I have the fibonacci spiral on the back of my left calf, a small x on my wrist, "SLAYER" on the inside of my bottom lip, "death" and "life" on my thighs in japanese, "Horde" on my leg, "Your name" on my ass, and the Seattle Supersonics logo on my back, right above "We Got This"

Will post pictures upon request...

#13 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:31 PM

...and the Seattle Supersonics logo on my back, right above "We Got This"

I like the part where that team doesn't even exist anymore.

#14 Juturna

Juturna
  • 400 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:13 PM

As with piercings, tattoos, I'm not sure about yet. I have such a low pain tolerance and sensitive skin I'm pretty sure I'd just want to be knocked out while they were doing it.

Personally, I do want to get a Pulse L'Cie Tattoo from Final Fantasy XIII. Either on my upper left arm, or a small version on my wrist. I also may want an HP related Tattoo, but so far, no good ideas have come to me. And i'm not getting a dark Mark. That's just not 'me'.

Edited by Juturna, 13 July 2012 - 09:29 PM.

#15 Indigo

Indigo
  • 117 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:50 PM

As with piercings, tattoos, I'm not sure about yet. I have such a low pain tolerance and sensitive skin I'm pretty sure I'd just want to be knocked out while they were doing it.

Personally, I do want to get a Pulse L'Cie Tattoo from Final Fantasy XIII. Either on my upper left arm, or a small version on my wrist. I also may want an HP related Tattoo, but so far, no good ideas have come to me. And i'm not getting a dark Mark. That's just not 'me'.

That's fucking rad. I hated that game but the art direction was great as per always Squeenix.

If by HP you mean Harry Potter, my friend has the dark mark on his arm. A friend of ours' ma owns a tattoo shop downtown and did it for free. {American Graffiti, 25
years in business!}
Posted Image
As for me, no tattoos. At least not for awhile. I have too many things I'd want to get put on me that eventually I'd get sick of them. The 2 I really want that are personal to me are a traditional dia de los muertos skull for one of my grandpas. That and a "grey wolf" alchemy symbol. It symbolizes the turning point for when lead and silver become gold, and since it's impossible to do it's supposed to represent both great achievement and perseverance, or an ultimate failure.

#16 Juturna

Juturna
  • 400 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:27 PM

That's fucking rad. I hated that game but the art direction was great as per always Squeenix.

If I hadn't gotten a PS3 and played that game at the time I did, I have absolutely no idea where i'd be with my life right about now.

If by HP you mean Harry Potter, my friend has the dark mark on his arm. A friend of ours' ma owns a tattoo shop downtown and did it for free. {American Graffiti, 25 years in business!}

Yeah. I meant Harry Potter. I don't know though. It'd have to do with Snape, seeing as he's my favorite. But I'm not getting his face tattooed on me nor the words always somewhere. But maybe a golden snitch? Something for me to ponder.

#17 Turkeyducks

Turkeyducks
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:47 PM

I love tattoos. I've wanted one since I was 12 and finally got my first done a few months ago. I probably have about 10+ planned for the future. I'd love to get a full sleeve one day.

I'm definitely a fan of unique tattoos though. My buddy owns a tattoo shop and says he gets people asking for the same art all the time. The point of tattoos is to be personal and expressive... if everyone has the same one, it kinda loses meaning.

#18 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:04 PM

"Horde" on my leg

Plllllllllllease don't tell me you got that because of WoW....please.

#19 bringerlight

bringerlight
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:19 AM

I never got a tattoo and I wouldnt know where to get it on which part of my body. any recommendations.

#20 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:42 AM

I never got a tattoo and I wouldnt know where to get it on which part of my body. any recommendations.

Tribal arm band! Classic "I want a tattoo but I don't know what I want" piece. Never fails.

Went on Vacation to So-Cal for a few days and got this one done last night in Hermosa Beach! I'm absolutely in love with it.

Posted Image

#21 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:16 AM

ITT: Really bad tattoos.

#22 BlackOctopusCoven

BlackOctopusCoven
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:35 AM

Posted Image

My progressing half sleeve and unfinished hawk :)

Edited by BlackOctopusCoven, 29 July 2012 - 04:39 AM.

#23 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:58 AM

You look like someone that is sticky and smelly.

#24 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:01 PM

Still only have the one tattoo. Posted Image

(Still a bad photo of it... )

Big Alex Grey fan and really loved this eye.

#25 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:44 AM

I blame the drugs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users