Quantcast

Photo

Am i the only one that thinks TNT is absolutely worthless?

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#101 Knocturne

Knocturne
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:23 PM

Welp, ironically i was just frozen for ABing. I think that's it for me with neopets. 2nd time i've built up a main to a nice amount of wealth/trophies/pets and had it frozen (the first time was wrongly frozen), but this time i got frozen even with cheating.

If it helps anybody i was ABing magic (i know its commonly known as suicide) but i thought i'd say it anyways because there are a couple people that say "i hate stupid people that think certain shops warrant freezing. Only certain settings cause freezing" It was my first day ABing magic and i had only been ABing for less than 2 hours with safe settings.

I was getting bored anyways because i seemed to have accomplished all of my goals except for getting every trophy. I believe thats it for me and neopets and transitively, this site.
Goodbye everybody and have fun if you can!

#102 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:28 PM

You all make it seem like a simple intern or new employee would get all this information.

If they can't deliver this crucial super secret information then they deserve permanent disowning.

We must have this vital information immediately, hell they should still be clocked in when divulging company secrets and committing federal offenses.

#103 CharmanderFTW

CharmanderFTW
  • 123 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:36 PM

the chat board rules is an excellent point! i kept getting blocked for saying damn and i had no idea why, i went back and looked at the rules and found they'd decided in the editorial about it... but how many people actually read the editorial?

it does feel like they make things up as they go along, and while i guess the bizzarre cencorship is looking after the youngsters on the site (if we ignore the questionable adverts), how hard would it be to make boards for older users?

Or a mature language filter like everyother game lol

#104 copley

copley
  • 141 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:42 AM

To answer the OP, you are not the only one.

#105 Warlord

Warlord
  • 3988 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:10 AM

At least the game isn't run by Nexon

#106 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:27 AM

At least the game isn't run by Nexon

Heck, I'd be happy if Neopets was run by my friend's morbidly obese cat. At least we can control it to do what we want with a year old Easter Chick plushie.

#107 Warlord

Warlord
  • 3988 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:00 PM

Heck, I'd be happy if Neopets was run by my friend's morbidly obese cat. At least we can control it to do what we want with a year old Easter Chick plushie.

The cat would still be better than Nexon

#108 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:06 PM

Besides being understaffed and making occasional blunders I really don't see what is so terrible about TNT. I mean I know that I bitch about stuff like the lack of creativity in creating Lenny Conundrums but that doesn't mean that there isn't aspects that are good, obviously we all keep playing.

#109 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:10 PM

Besides being understaffed and making occasional blunders I really don't see what is so terrible about TNT. I mean I know that I bitch about stuff like the lack of creativity in creating Lenny Conundrums but that doesn't mean that there isn't aspects that are good, obviously we all keep playing.

Nobody actually acknowledges TNT being understaffed or having occasional blunders when it comes to hating them. I'd still love TNT even if they were understaffed and have multiple noticeable blunders if Donna and Adam still owned Neopets. I remember when the site used to go down multiple times a week, site content was not as frequent or advanced as today's, but people still loved neopets because the staff catered to the interests of the players and not Viacom's abysmal purse.Personally, I don't care if the site goes down a lot, but as long as there are meaningful plots, promised updates assured, and no monetary scams involved, then I'd be a happy neopian.

#110 SilverFox

SilverFox
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:28 PM

I agree, and think TNT is completely shitty. I do enjoy the site, but I will never spend money on neocash, and I'm glad I never have.

#111 copley

copley
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:47 AM

I agree, and think TNT is completely shitty. I do enjoy the site, but I will never spend money on neocash, and I'm glad I never have.

Not even for multipe lab ray zaps???? huh huh :o

#112 Hush

Hush
  • 340 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:06 PM

Not even for multipe lab ray zaps???? huh huh :o

That would be the last thing I would spend my real money on honestly those cookies are so stupid >_>

#113 cornymikey

cornymikey
  • 160 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:02 PM

Yep, anybody who's still with them now probably won't quit because of all the time spent on this crappy site.

#114 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:39 PM

Yep, anybody who's still with them now probably won't quit because of all the time spent on this crappy site.

Wait, what?

#115 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:06 PM

Wait, what?

I'm going to go ahead and assume that this comment was made in reference to Neopets and not Codex cause I mean come on...

Us Codexians are the shit. lol

#116 foxworth

foxworth
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:48 PM

I always kinda wondered why it takes them such a long time.
I mean they come up with new ways to squeeze money out of Neopians with NC and the chance to have a 5th pet slot if we have premium, they could at least employ a team to deal with tickets.

My friend's ticket has been open for 8 months STILL after being hacked :/

They even have people on the official Neopets facebook statuses asking if they can have a look at their tickets because it's been SO long.

Not only that, but I think they should fix the fucking NM filters and at least SHOW us what imput is blocked. (Petpages do this, why not NM's?) I have re-written Neomails to friends multiple times TRYING to figure out what fucking ridiculous word the filters has blocked :/

Once, the word was "Damn" :/

I totally agree. I neomailed a friend to text me back, turns out the word "text" is blocked which is ridiculous.
Also "Lolita"
TNT is absolutely ridiculous when it comes to censorship, especially with HTML code.

Honestly though, it is SO obvious how TNT is really only in it for the money and a little power trip. What are they even getting paid for? What do they do all day? I think even a group of volunteers who weren't paid and were just lovers of the site and passionate about it could do a WAYYY better job.

Edited by foxworth, 26 June 2012 - 08:56 PM.

#117 Alodielle

Alodielle
  • 144 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:27 PM

I was actually incredibly surprised by TNT recently -- in a good way! When I came back from a two-year hiatus a few weeks ago, I couldn't remember my password at all, nor could I remember any particularly pertinent information. I sent a ticket off to TNT requesting my password but then sighed and started a brand new account, expecting to have to begin from scratch. I mean, who hears from TNT ever, right?

They got back to me within a couple of hours. Zero hassle. Sent me my password without any additional hardship.

Of course, that's just a password retrieval. I'm sure the folks who are trying to get their accounts back after an ice (legit or not) are having a much worse time of it.

#118 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:44 PM

TNT responded to me quickly about a glitch I had happen to my account....but that's a glitch and not an icing. Plus, they basically said, yea it's a glitch you're not getting items/neopoints back blah blah blah, you're screwed.

#119 Theria

Theria
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:20 PM

I think the main complaint is that there has been very little updated content in years.

I stopped playing shortly after customization was rolled out, not because of customization but just because I got bored. I came back about 4 months ago and nothing has changed. Really, nothing. Every year we get the same time-wasting events... Daily Dare, Altador Cup, Negg Hunt. These exist to make us feel there is content when there is none. When was the last time we had a challenging plot? Will we ever get a new pet species?

I don't hate Neopets. In fact, I'm enjoying it in different ways this time around, since I've got into things like the Food Club and I'm actually decent enough at games to try for trophies. I'm just a little sad that it seems like a shell of its former self.

Edited by Theria, 26 June 2012 - 10:57 PM.

#120 Alodielle

Alodielle
  • 144 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:45 PM

I think the main complaint is that there has been very little updated content in years.

Wow, I definitely agree with you there. After deciding to come back after that 2-year break, I was thinking to myself, I bet the game is awesome now! There's all kinds of new technology that I'm sure they've taken advantage of. And the games'll all be Flash, and there'll be more plots.... Imagine my disappointment when, after two whole years, I found that not a single thing had been updated!

I must say, I'm sorely disappointed. I wonder if they're having trouble staying afloat, and if they just don't have the money/manpower to make many changes. Either way, the sheer amount of things this game could be is staggering... and depressing.

#121 Hydrange

Hydrange
  • 504 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:23 AM

I always kinda wondered why it takes them such a long time.
I mean they come up with new ways to squeeze money out of Neopians with NC and the chance to have a 5th pet slot if we have premium, they could at least employ a team to deal with tickets.

My friend's ticket has been open for 8 months STILL after being hacked :/

They even have people on the official Neopets facebook statuses asking if they can have a look at their tickets because it's been SO long.

Not only that, but I think they should fix the fucking NM filters and at least SHOW us what imput is blocked. (Petpages do this, why not NM's?) I have re-written Neomails to friends multiple times TRYING to figure out what fucking ridiculous word the filters has blocked :/

Once, the word was "Damn" :/

It tells you if you try to write on guilds. When this happens to me, I go to my guild and paste the message, it happened yesterday and what had it blocked was "pica", not sure what it means tho and why it is innapropiate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users