Negative reputation enabled

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
170 replies to this topic

#101 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:23 PM

If that's you in your avatar, I would gladly let you shit on my face.

Woah. That just happened.

This swap thing is exciting.

Posted Image

Edited by James, 21 May 2012 - 03:26 PM.

#102 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:46 PM

Woah. That just happened.

This swap thing is exciting.

Posted Image

It's sad how entertaining I find this gif.

#103 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:52 PM

I think that a good way to regulate the -reps would be to have a maximum per post. Russel lost 8 rep in just two posts, which seems a bit extreme. If someone asks a stupid question, and gets 10 -reps for it, it's almost like being reprimanded ten times for one mistake.

#104 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:05 PM

I think that a good way to regulate the -reps would be to have a maximum per post. Russel lost 8 rep in just two posts, which seems a bit extreme. If someone asks a stupid question, and gets 10 -reps for it, it's almost like being reprimanded ten times for one mistake.

Well put it this way, if someone does something really stupid and gets hit hard with -rep, maybe they'll learn from it and be a little more intelligent about their posts.

Really, if a person can get 50 +rep for one really contributing thing, someone should be able to get -50 rep for being a total jackass.

#105 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:34 PM

Well put it this way, if someone does something really stupid and gets hit hard with -rep, maybe they'll learn from it and be a little more intelligent about their posts.

Really, if a person can get 50 +rep for one really contributing thing, someone should be able to get -50 rep for being a total jackass.

Say what you will, but to me putting hours of effort into a guide or program is much more +-repworthy and representative of character than being an idiot for five minutes. For the average member -50 rep is a deep hole that they will be hard pressed to dig themselves out of. We don't want to alienate new members just because they weren't familiar with how things work here in the beginning.

Edited by Neoquest, 21 May 2012 - 08:38 PM.

#106 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:48 PM

We don't want to alienate new members just because they weren't familiar with how things work here in the beginning.

I don't think anyone, even a new member, should be behaving like a jerk in the first place, and then pleading lack of familiarity as the cause. It's not that hard to be a decent, respectful human being :p

#107 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:55 PM

I don't think anyone, even a new member, should be behaving like a jerk in the first place, and then pleading lack of familiarity as the cause. It's not that hard to be a decent, respectful human being :p

I was mostly referring to people asking dumb questions. I agree that those who are just rude should be -repped as much as is needed to get the message across. The main reason I made the cap suggestion was because there are a lot more dumb questions than rude people. Sadly, if you want to put a cap on one, you must do so with the other as well.

#108 Rikku

Rikku
  • 2109 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:05 PM

I can see some newer members digging themselves a hole deeper than they can climb out of with this....

I mean we've all been there and done that (as far as being n00bs and continuously asking stupid questions)... hope it all works out.

#109 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:21 PM

I was mostly referring to people asking dumb questions

If people give -rep just because someone new asks a dumb question or two, we have to worry more about the attitude of said members than alienating the new members.

#110 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:04 PM

There pretty much is no WE anymore iargue and the reason why people are digging for your old posts is, because they were shit 90% of the time and deserve a late -rep. We are just all so happy we can finally do that. That you've become a target really is your own fault.

Let it go please. People seem to remind the negatives every time.

#111 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:24 PM

Let it go please. People seem to remind the negatives every time.

Because it made them upset and they don't like to be upset. So once they get the ability to get "revenge" upon them, they use the most useless system we have to make themselves feel better.

Instead of, y'know, being a grown up and getting over it.

#112 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:32 AM

Russel lost 8 rep in just two posts, which seems a bit extreme.

To be fair he lost those for being a dick, if he learns from that then he should get them back in the future.

#113 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:55 AM

Because it made them upset and they don't like to be upset. So once they get the ability to get "revenge" upon them, they use the most useless system we have to make themselves feel better.

Instead of, y'know, being a grown up and getting over it.

I think there is as much of the wrong attitude towards members utilising the system as there is by some using the system.
The point, or as far as I have gathered, of the neg rep system is for poor posts to be regarded publically as such- and I personally feel that it is justified that members go look for posts from the past which stick out in their mind as being poor and give the appropriate neg repping.

I think people have become far too comfortable writing shit and hoping for the best.

#114 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:19 AM

I think people have become far too comfortable writing shit and hoping for the best.

We shouldn't have to rely on a monotonous system to voice our like or dislike for others, if people don't like something someone has written, they should actually voice their opinion instead of clicking a red button and running off.

#115 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:44 AM

We shouldn't have to rely on a monotonous system to voice our like or dislike for others, if people don't like something someone has written, they should actually voice their opinion instead of clicking a red button and running off.

For the most part that is impractical and will lead to derailed threads and flame wars- not to mention loads of neg rep. ;)

#116 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:06 AM

It entertains me how you guys always call me immature and that i should let things go. Because I am totally the only one who remembers his idiocy, right? xD In fact, I didn't -rep him one single time yet. Because I was too lazy to dig for his very stupid posts. *shrugs*

#117 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:16 AM

For the most part that is impractical and will lead to derailed threads and flame wars- not to mention loads of neg rep. ;)

You imply that every time someone voices their opinion, it will be off topic as well as a personal confrontation.

It entertains me how you guys always call me immature and that i should let things go. Because I am totally the only one who remembers his idiocy, right? xD In fact, I didn't -rep him one single time yet. Because I was too lazy to dig for his very stupid posts. *shrugs*

It entertains me that you think I'm directly talking about you.

#118 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:19 AM

You imply that every time someone voices their opinion, it will be off topic as well as a personal confrontation.

It entertains me that you think I'm directly talking about you.

Telling someone you feel their post is distasteful *is* a personal confrontation- which will most likely be off topic.

And for the latter part your post: you did quote her, so it would be logical to assume that in the same way I am quoting you, to directly speak to you, that you would quote her as to speak directly to her. There is nothing overly entertaining about that.

#119 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:26 AM

Telling someone you feel their post is distasteful *is* a personal confrontation- which will most likely be off topic.

And for the latter part your post: you did quote her, so it would be logical to assume that in the same way I am quoting you, to directly speak to you, that you would quote her as to speak directly to her. There is nothing overly entertaining about that.

Even if it is personal, it doesn't have to consist of any sort of verbal attack or be a flamebait.

And no, I didn't quote her at all in this thread, Noit quoted her and I responded to him in a broad sense that people only bring up the negatives. If you feel it was directly towards her, that's no more than an assumption.

#120 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:41 AM

I was talking about Noit actually... I overread your posts most of the time because I don't like your avatar.

#121 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:43 AM

I was talking about Noit actually... I overread your posts most of the time because I don't like your avatar.

Haters gonna hate.

Magical girls represent.

#122 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:45 AM

I will forever love your sig thoug. *kissesass*

#123 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:25 AM

It doesn't matter who remembers what. We shouldn't keep bringing negativity up. It's like if you got this ugly dog and every time someone sees it they're like dam you're dog is ugly. It's not right. Saying it even once isn't right.

I appreciate that you aren't among the people that are neg repping people out of spite. I beg you to not go digging for posts as proof of whatever.

#124 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:32 AM

Haters gonna hate.

Magical girls represent.

Aw yeah ♥ Magical girls are the best~

Posted Image

#125 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:36 AM

It can be if done in an insulting way. I just told only her post was distasteful but we're being constructive about it.

I do think though that a majority of the members on the board would do it in an offensive way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users