• This topic is locked This topic is locked
170 replies to this topic

#126 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:51 AM

You are so much more fun, when you are not trying to be serious Noit-bo-boit!

#127 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:14 AM

It doesn't matter who remembers what. We shouldn't keep bringing negativity up.

We should. Learning from the past is important, and forgetting it and pretending like it didn't happen is disgraceful and I won't stand for it. It's like people trying to sugarcoat slavery, or people who refuse to acknowledge the Holocaust, or someone saying, "Eh, Charles Manson wasn't so bad". What is the point of lying to everyone? You cannot undo the actions someone has done just by refusing to acknowledge them.

I know you're a forgiving person. I am too... but to a point. You just can't expect everyone to 'get over it' like you have.
There, there.
:hug:

#128 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:36 AM

We should. Learning from the past is important, and forgetting it and pretending like it didn't happen is disgraceful and I won't stand for it. It's like people trying to sugarcoat slavery, or people who refuse to acknowledge the Holocaust, or someone saying, "Eh, Charles Manson wasn't so bad". What is the point of lying to everyone? You cannot undo the actions someone has done just by refusing to acknowledge them.

I know you're a forgiving person. I am too... but to a point. You just can't expect everyone to 'get over it' like you have.
There, there.

He didn't say never say anything to them at all but continuously bringing it up after the fact isn't going to help anyone.

#129 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:12 AM

To be fair he lost those for being a dick, if he learns from that then he should get them back in the future.

The idea that I will learn anything from this concept at all, is horribly misguided. Having some simple little posts -1'ed on an internet forum will do nothing whatsoever to change my attitude. It takes much more drastic actions outside of a forum on the internet to accept my life, and as such certain events are/have already occurred.

In any case, they are more then welcome to go back and -rep every last one of my posts. They get some kind of joy out of attacking me, and I would hate to rob them of that. I wonder how long it will take to loose a thousand reputation?

There, there.

There is a large difference between remembering the holocaust and shooting every German you see because of it. A distinction which is not being made in this case at all.

Thanks for trying to justify things though.

Edited by iargue, 22 May 2012 - 10:11 AM.

#130 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:17 AM

The idea that I will learn anything from this concept at all, is horribly misguided. Having some simple little posts -1'ed on an internet forum will do nothing whatsoever to change my attitude. It takes much more drastic actions outside of a forum on the internet to accept my life, and as such certain events are/have already occurred.

In any case, they are more then welcome to go back and -rep every last one of my posts. They get some kind of joy out of attacking me, and I would hate to rob them of that. I wonder how long it will take to loose a thousand reputation?

I was talking about Russell, not you.

Russel lost 8 rep in just two posts, which seems a bit extreme.

The clue was in the post I quoted to reply to, shown above.

#131 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:17 AM

Laser Wave wasn't talking about you, he was talking about Russel.
But way to go and assume everything is about you.

There is a large difference between remembering the holocaust and shooting every German you see because of it. A distinction which is not being made in this case at all.

Thanks for trying to justify things though.

Yes, occasionally pointing out that you're a reprehensible individual is precisely analagous with shooting Germans for the crimes of their ancestors.
Super job.

#132 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:21 AM

Laser Wave wasn't talking about you, he was talking about Russel.

In all fairness it's so unusual for something like that to not be directed at him, he probably assumes that anything that negative is meant/directed at him and him alone. Virtually any recent topic he posts in is met with this reaction so it was a reasonable assumption.

#133 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:25 AM

Virtually any recent topic he posts in is met with this reaction so it was a reasonable assumption.

Not quite so reasonable considering I specifically quoted a post which was directed at Russell, even mentioning him by name...

#134 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:25 AM

In all fairness it's so unusual for something like that to not be directed at him, he probably assumes that anything that negative is meant/directed at him and him alone. Virtually any recent topic he posts in is met with this reaction so it was a reasonable assumption.

Not if he read the whole post, no.

God damn it, LW. Twice in a row? xD

#135 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:27 AM

Not if he read the whole post, no.

God damn it, LW. Twice in a row? xD

Don't make me -rep you for being too slow. :p It's practically stalking now...

#136 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:29 AM

*runs through thread with streamers and sparkshooters, laughing gleefully*

#137 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:42 AM

Laser Wave wasn't talking about you, he was talking about Russell.

This isn't the first time it's happened.

To be fair he lost those for being a dick, if he learns from that then he should get them back in the future.

I suppose the system is doing its job then. :p

#138 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:46 AM

I suppose the system is doing its job then. :p

Well, it makes it easier to see people's general opinions on things; I guess you can say that the system works. :p

#139 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:51 AM

you two really should become best friends

#140 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:35 PM

*runs through thread with streamers and sparkshooters, laughing gleefully*

I can only imagine you are nude whilst doing this.

#141 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:15 PM

There, there.

Trust me this is no Holocust or Charles Manson. To learn from the past doesn't mean to keep reminding people about something they aren't proud of and especially if they are trying to get over. Learning from our past, we have found that this leads to the person not getting over it and worse, it leads to that person to do crazier things. So please help the board and help the members grow. Please stop.

You can see the effects already.

#142 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:48 AM

Noit, it would be different if there was any remorse or apologies for the behavior of the past. There hasn't been. That leads me to believe the individuals in question have absolutely no intention of making amends and putting it behind them. Anyway, you can't blame other people for the escalation of an individual's horrid social skills. It's all on them.

I can't see any negative effects, to be honest. I'm having more fun on Neocodex than I have in a long time, and the few members of the community I don't get along with, I have on my ignored users list. And I'm VERY good at resisting the temptation to 'view post anyway'.

Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

#143 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:24 AM

something they aren't proud of

*cough*bullshit*cough*

#144 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:59 PM

Noit, it would be different if there was any remorse or apologies for the behavior of the past. There hasn't been. That leads me to believe the individuals in question have absolutely no intention of making amends and putting it behind them. Anyway, you can't blame other people for the escalation of an individual's horrid social skills. It's all on them.

I can't see any negative effects, to be honest. I'm having more fun on Neocodex than I have in a long time, and the few members of the community I don't get along with, I have on my ignored users list. And I'm VERY good at resisting the temptation to 'view post anyway'.

Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Now we're talking about something else and that's if he's trying to get over it. Yeah I do disagree with what you are saying. If you had a fight and cops intervened they aren't going to make you apologize to each other to end it and get over it. They just don't want further negative activity based on that. You can bring it up as long as it's not instigative.

Back on my topic though. Ok let's say in a situation a person doesn't come back and apologize. But they don't bring it up and have stopped doing whatever it is. From staff's point of view that's as good as getting over it. Now others shouldn't be bringing it up. We don't want instigation.

You might have them on your ignore list and you may be having fun. But you can be doing harm to the community. You get others to gang up with you and do the same. Bottom line you are preventing the person from getting over it.

#145 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:03 PM

Back on my topic though. Ok let's say in a situation a person doesn't come back and apologize. But they don't bring it up and have stopped doing whatever it is. From staff's point of view that's as good as getting over it. Now others shouldn't be bringing it up. We don't want instigation.

I suppose when someone stops acting like a total piece of shit, it could be a sign they're trying to move forward in a productive manner. In any case, I'll personally try not to instigate. I don't want trouble for you, Noity, and I certainly don't want to contribute any harm to the community. <3

#146 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:28 AM

I suppose when someone stops acting like a total piece of shit, it could be a sign they're trying to move forward in a productive manner. In any case, I'll personally try not to instigate. I don't want trouble for you, Noity, and I certainly don't want to contribute any harm to the community. <3

I love you punk :heart::heart::heart:

#147 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:56 AM

Posted Image

#148 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:17 AM

wtf is going on only? lets not piss staff off!

your image is broken

#149 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:25 AM

my image didn't look broken to me. i fixed it anyway. can you see it now? i find it awesome. and i would NEVER piss staff off!

#150 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:42 AM

yeah looks good :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users