• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Silver

Silver
  • poppycock.

• 1041 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:54 PM

So I've done some thinking; way back in the day before the first Meridell war, I made a ton from having invested in Downsize!. Looking through the past item prices (such as healers and snowballs), I notices many went as high as 10X their orig. price. This begs the question; what are the best one-use attack items, the best one-use healers, and the best cheap-icon blockers?

These would clearly apply to wars; or similar site events, but I'm sure the same could be applied for holidays, like buying many christmas pb's in the Summer and waiting for the winter season to roll around.

What do you all think?

I know sticky-snowball used to be a great one-use icon dealer; but that was years ago. Has another item surpassed this?

Edited by Silver, 13 August 2012 - 07:56 PM.

#2 cellarbro

cellarbro
  • 145 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:56 PM

HT items, buy an assortment of them, even the ones that suck. Mainly old ones. Never do they lose value, they just need time to retire. Sitting on money sometimes is what bothers most people. I think for me, Ill hold onto some lucky pick HT items and wait them out for a few years. Bound to skyrocket on some of them.

As far as 'cheap' items. I have no darn clue

Edited by cellarbro, 13 August 2012 - 07:58 PM.

#3 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:03 PM

Fragile freezer: Scroll of Freezing
1-use healer: Lucky Robots Foot
1-use full block: Thick Smoke Bomb
Popular, cheap stealer: Purple Sticky Hand
1-use weapons: Water/Stone Muffin

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Good luck!

Or a more reliable/predictable way: http://www.neocodex....he-faerie-event

#4 Tocsin

Tocsin
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:35 PM

Recently, Scroll of Knowledge got ninja buffed by 3 icons and went from 1k to 66k in a day due to speculation but has since stabilized at 32k.

#5 Guest_idonotexist_*

Guest_idonotexist_*

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:06 AM

This reminds me, while completely unrelated, I need to buy a Rainbow Clockwork Grundo before those damn things retire. Or I'll regret it, much like I do with the Box of Clockwork Grundos. :(

#6 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:52 AM

Why you think rainbow clockwork grundo is going to retire?

Edited by coltom, 14 August 2012 - 05:53 AM.

#7 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:35 AM

Sparkshooter.

Posted Image

#8 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:58 AM

Think it would be more of an investment to sit on r99s and wait for them to retire or HT items?

#9 cellarbro

cellarbro
  • 145 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:07 PM

HT, too many rarity 99 without much purpose. I would only sit on a r99 if it had 3-4-5 different variety of collectors looking for them. EX: stamps. Rarity 99 stamps have both rarity 99 collectors and stamp collectors looking to buy. One of the reasons its relatively ETS stuff. Another example might be the rarity 99 faerie dolls. doll collectors, rarity 99 collectors and faerie collectors are all potential people who would buy. If you want a decent investment, I think some of the HT faerie dolls when they retire will skyrocket in value. Namely, the faerie queen doll. That at retirement will shoot up like 10x in prob 6 months to a year.

Avatar status is also what gives something extreme value. Hence again, stamps and items such as bony grrall club. Pick your investments wisely. Sometimes, TNT just does random shit tho and they do it on purpose to prevent you from picking the right investment items. Retiring extremely random HT items is one of those things.

#10 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:56 PM

That's a very thorough answer, thanks for that. Would r99 battle weapons be worthy of collectors?

MMoM and SoS have been in the HT for quite some time now, but then again so have Mask of Coltzan, Jhudoras Crystal Ball, Portable Kiln and Werelupe Claw Necklace. Gah so many choices, how old was U-Bend of Great Justice before it retired? 6 maybe 7 years?

#11 cellarbro

cellarbro
  • 145 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:05 PM

The way I see it, HT items are good investments b/c they stay at a very stable price. The only chance of it decreasing in value is if another HT item overshadows it making it less useful. Always think in terms of usefulness and who wants X item. The reason most MP dont sell is b/c there is too much of a supply and not enough demand. If you PM me I will give you some more insight as to which item I feel may be extremely valuable when it retires. HT prices dont usually go down, only up. With time of course. Even the lamest HT items.

Rarity 99 battle weapons are only useful to rarity 99 collectors and maybe battledome collectors. Most the the crappy equipment tho will be extremely HTS. Best bet is to go with crappy battle weapons from the HT. They may be appealing to HT collectors, retired collectors, and hence such. Also look at the item. I was shocked to learn some of the retired hidden tower plushies were 20x their original value on retirement. Insane.

#12 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:23 PM

I'm so peeved I didn't get an enchanted kiko squeeze toy.

#13 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:33 PM

I'm so peeved I didn't get an enchanted kiko squeeze toy.

Funny I was just looking at that item right now. Although the FTab does the same thing plus blocks more icons. On the other hand it costs a heck of a lot more

#14 tri

tri
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user

• 1133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:40 PM

Enchated Kiko Squeeze toy is still 300k in the Database. Someone should change it and also the infor that it is now r180.

#15 cellarbro

cellarbro
  • 145 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:53 PM

Squeeze toy wont exceed 8m for as long as tablard is in the HT. Take a look at the jade scorchstone. Its value actually dropped after retirement. I believe like 5 years ago it was 100+m to get a jade scorchstone. Now it's just priced a bit more than LEV. Remember, there's a reason for everything. If there is no reason for an items value and someone bids on your trade, Ask yourself why is this item this price. If you cant figure it out, chances are someone artificially inflated it.

Edited by cellarbro, 14 August 2012 - 02:55 PM.

#16 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:57 PM

Funny I was just looking at that item right now. Although the FTab does the same thing plus blocks more icons. On the other hand it costs a heck of a lot more

The EKikoST was a dirt cheap full blocker that was perfect for stopping Kelpbeard's Trid, and I wasn't paying attention when they retired them.

I'm thinking of trading in a few of my ASTs for a Rainbow Clockwork, even though that isn't the most useful bomb anymore.

*grin* a few more points and I'll have the 400 str boast.

#17 UND3AD

UND3AD
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user!

• 253 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:13 PM

Also good for stopping the Sword of Tawre

#18 albmovi

albmovi
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:01 PM

Squeeze toy wont exceed 8m for as long as tablard is in the HT

#19 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:16 PM

It was 300K?

#20 Silver

Silver
  • poppycock.

• 1041 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:36 AM

Years ago, things is, it was nearly useless at the time

#21 riakage0

riakage0
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:25 PM

So why invest in the Grundo's? They're not the best bomb, and they're just going to be valued higher than what they're worth.

#22 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:53 AM

Because these random people, that I have no reason what so ever to trust, think that the Grundo is due to retire. For some reason, and this is why investment is about as much about herd mentality as rational analysis, retired items have this value jump when after they retire.

Plus, it is a little bit better of a bomb than I currently have, I don't have that many neopoints. The downside, is they could introduce a better cheaper high mid level bomb that destroys this things value.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: war, holiday, site events

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users