• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#76 Elle

Elle
  • ShadowLink64's Rebel

• 894 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:25 AM

No, not personal choice. There is a reason why people think, that your flesh and fur as created, are somehow worthy of hate. Why do you dislike what you were born with, why do you feel this social pressure to look like a little girl.

I'm sorry, my daughter has already noticed that several of the larger girls on her swim team shave their twas. This is not "peer" pressure that I care much for, not do I think its a very healthy mental trend this women looking like a child.

Sorry for the delayed reply here, but yes indeed, it is a matter of personal choice you idiot. I dislike body hair for the same reason that people dislike long hair, or short hair, or the taste of oranges, or body odour, or mexican food. It is not in any way social pressure. In fact, most of my friends think i'm a complete weirdo for having laser on my bajingo. Fact of the matter is, I did it for me, and nobody else.

#77 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:29 AM

Aiyee, o young one, naive, electronic darkness, fuzzi, my daughter, in the longhouse, etc

#78 Elle

Elle
  • ShadowLink64's Rebel

• 894 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:32 AM

I'm also going to throw out there just how disturbing it is for ANYONE to bring up their own daughter in a thread about pubic hair.

#79 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:40 AM

Also, Brother or Sister moderator, I just might mention that calling some one an "Indian" when you mean Native American, or First Citizen, is a highly offensive racial slur.

As a Native American, I disagree wholeheartedly with you.

#80 Nalah

Nalah
  • Can't hug every cat

• 555 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:25 AM

I shave everywhere, just because I hate having hair on my body. If I don't, I unconsciously end up scratching at it, or trying to pull it out because it annoys me. :/

#81 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:55 AM

As a Native American, I disagree wholeheartedly with you.

As a rational human being, I really don't care to hear bigotry anymore. You argue, I Ignore.

#82 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:04 AM

As a rational human being, I really don't care to hear bigotry anymore. You argue, I Ignore.

I'm a bigot how exactly? Because I'm a Native American who has no issue being called and Indian?

#83 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:13 AM

I shave everywhere, just because I hate having hair on my body. If I don't, I unconsciously end up scratching at it, or trying to pull it out because it annoys me. :/

I suppose during one time during my life or another, I have been shaved one way or another. Legs from injuries, groin from when they run that probe up to the cardiac arteries. It itches badly when the hair starts growing in, but it does stop.

#84 Nalah

Nalah
  • Can't hug every cat

• 555 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:31 AM

I suppose during one time during my life or another, I have been shaved one way or another. Legs from injuries, groin from when they run that probe up to the cardiac arteries. It itches badly when the hair starts growing in, but it does stop.

True, but thats not my issue..it doesn't physically itch, just mentally, if that makes sense to you. I'm not sure if you know anyone with OCD, or other stuff like that, but it somewhat hurts your mind when somethings not right; thats kinda how I feel.

edit: I won't be surprised if this confuses you, sorry in advance (:

Edited by Nalah, 27 August 2012 - 01:32 AM.

#85 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:23 AM

Aiyee, that does make sense. I have experience with people with various degrees of OCD, when I was my church's tear drinker. You feel in your mind, each little hair. Each one is wrong. Life can not go on, until you have fixed things.

Aiyeee, that is very different. I had a friend whom I helped, for awhile, but she was known to pull every hair from her body except her head, and a few of those. K was not so bad if she was happy, but K would find reasons not to be happy.

Yet, I hope you are seeing someone to help you?

#86 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:12 AM

I'm a bigot how exactly? Because I'm a Native American who has no issue being called and Indian?

You're not native american.

#87 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:28 AM

Also, Brother or Sister moderator, I just might mention that calling some one an "Indian" when you mean Native American, or First Citizen, is a highly offensive racial slur.

Calling yourself an NDN though is fine. Right.

#88 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:42 AM

Calling yourself an NDN though is fine. Right.

Generally a person is allowed all the self deprivation that he desires. I call my self an SOB, after all I have met my mother, but I'd be more than a little offended if you called me that. I was offended when my daughter had to ask me what a mongrel meant, as my father was upset when he had to explain why he'd been called a "speed bump".

Them is the way things is.

#89 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:08 AM

Generally a person is allowed all the self deprivation that he desires. I call my self an SOB, after all I have met my mother, but I'd be more than a little offended if you called me that. I was offended when my daughter had to ask me what a mongrel meant, as my father was upset when he had to explain why he'd been called a "speed bump".

Them is the way things is.

Things doesn't work the same way in the internet.

#90 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:00 PM

Just because you have no issue with it doesn't mean it isn't a slur.

#91 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

Just because you have no issue with it doesn't mean it isn't a slur.

Exactly true. Because a slur can only be created with intent, and Laser Wave did not have that intent.
That's why it isn't a slur.

#92 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:40 PM

Exactly true. Because a slur can only be created with intent, and Laser Wave did not have that intent.
That's why it isn't a slur.

There's a lot of slurs people say for shits and giggles, its still a slur.

#93 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:46 PM

There's a lot of slurs people say for shits and giggles, its still a slur.

No, it's not.
Words mean what the user intends them to mean, within socially defined bounds.

#94 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:50 PM

If I were to say "oh your eyes look chinky today" to my obviously stoned friend and I don't hate her, so I don't intend it in a hateful way, that doesn't negate the fact that the term "chinky" is a slur.

Edited by Mishelle, 27 August 2012 - 03:50 PM.

#95 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:52 PM

If I were to say "oh your eyes look chinky today" to my obviously stoned friend and I don't hate her, so I don't intend it in a hateful way, that doesn't negate the fact that the term "chinky" is a slur.

Of course it does.

#96 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:15 PM

It then changes to a term of endearment.

#97 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:26 PM

I'm also going to throw out there just how disturbing it is for ANYONE to bring up their own daughter in a thread about pubic hair.

I wish I understood your viewpoint, the original article that we are commenting on involved children as young as my daughter. The fact that my daughter is going through puberty is obvious from her appearence, I'm pretty sure part of that involves growing body hair. Alas, her body hair will not be blonde like her mothers.

There was a similar conversation at the last birthday party I attended for one of her classmates, while I neither broached the subject nor commented on it, they were discussing this puberty thing, bras, hairs and zits. I suspect that you don't have a child in puberty, yes?

#98 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:30 PM

It then changes to a term of endearment.

Until people who want to kill you, scream it at you. That gets old, real quick.

#99 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:31 PM

Until people who want to kill you, scream it at you. That gets old, real quick.

Then it would no longer be a term of endearment.

#100 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:34 PM

Ms. Kiwi, I am sorry you had to go through that when you were a child, I am very sorry that it happened to you, but that does not change the fact that parents in the fifth grade talk about puppy love and puberty.

It is not about what you suffered through.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users