Quantcast

Photo

SOTW #41 VOTING!

sotw voting rgb

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

Poll: Which is your favorite signature? (44 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for your favorite below!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 fimend

fimend
  • 170 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:42 AM

Before voting, please be sure that you have read the rules regarding the voting process found HERE

1. Posted Image

2. Posted Image

3. Posted Image

Voting Closes: 12:00 AM NST, Tuesday August 21st

Good luck to the entrants!

#2 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:52 AM

#2... I don't feel like I should have to explain why. #1 looks like a flag and it would be my second choice.

#3 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:26 AM

#2, then #3.
#1 just seems too simple.. I could make that...

#4 krakus

krakus
  • 91 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:27 PM

#2. No explanation necessary.

#5 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:26 PM

Red green blue..
I swear the Mass Effect 3 nightmare keeps happening.. all the damn time

#6 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:56 AM

I mean... nr. two def is the prettiest. But it's some kind of Manga thing, so I just can't vote for it.
My vote goes to nr. three. It's moving. Moving is good!
Posted Image

#7 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:00 AM

I mean... nr. two def is the prettiest. But it's some kind of Manga thing, so I just can't vote for it.
Posted Image

Had to -rep you...
"some kind of manga thing", I mean wow...

#8 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:31 AM

Had to choose for Link, my brother got me addicted :/

#9 GothicxToy

GothicxToy
  • 442 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:50 AM

link is video games guys XD; Legend of Zelda anyone??? XD

I vote for sig two

#10 esotericaKoalan

esotericaKoalan
  • 143 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:38 PM

Pity point for number 1.
The person tried at simple typography, which can be really effective sometimes, and he even put effort in font variation.
Unfortunately, it wasn't very effective this time, mainly due to excessive negative space.
(Okay, maybe I'm just justifying why I'm voting for #1 instead of #2...)

Number 2 is just generic c4d spam, and number 3 is just generic animation. And even though I would much rather use number 2 than number 1 in an actual signature, number 1 gets my pity point. :/

Edited by esotericaKoalan, 20 August 2012 - 07:42 PM.

#11 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:02 PM

Pity point for number 1.
The person tried at simple typography, which can be really effective sometimes, and he even put effort in font variation.
Unfortunately, it wasn't very effective this time, mainly due to excessive negative space.

Number 2 is just generic c4d spam, and number 3 is just generic animation. And even though I would much rather use number 2 than number 1 in an actual signature, number 1 gets my pity point. :/

Why didn't you enter yours? I like it :)

#12 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:43 PM

Pity point for number 1.

I dont see a vote on #1.... :/

#13 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:34 AM

Heh, Link is from the super popular video game series Legend of Zelda :p
It has a manga but it's not related to the games (iirc~)!

Besides, this doesn't look very animes/manga to me!

Posted Image

#14 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:38 AM

*votes without condescension*

#15 Dealin

Dealin
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:40 AM

Im voting for number 3. Honestly, I dont think number 2 follows the rules as posted by the creator of this weeks SoTW:

This post:
http://www.neocodex....1/#entry1616516

AND

For the numerous people who have said this theme is too hard: The reason I want to keep it as only shades of red, green, and blue is because we had a color splash theme and the easiest way to approach this theme would be to slap red, green, and blue onto a black and white picture. I'm not going to be anal about the whole shades of the color thing, but try to remain as true to the theme as possible. It's meant to be a challenge.

It seems like he / she would have greyscaled the image first, then applied the colors. Even then, theres some offshade in it. Its good work, but not in line with this weeks SoTW imo.

Edited by Dealin, 21 August 2012 - 08:40 AM.

#16 tri

tri
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user

• 1133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:42 AM

Since there are 3 entrants will there be a first second or third winner or first second or just first.

Im voting for number 3. Honestly, I dont think number 2 follows the rules as posted by the creator of this weeks SoTW:

This post:
http://www.neocodex....1/#entry1616516

AND

It seems like he / she would have greyscaled the image first, then applied the colors. Even then, theres some offshade in it. Its good work, but not in line with this weeks SoTW imo.

I think what they meant was like a color splash. I would have done a color splash. I personally think Black & White should have been aloud since Black & White since they are really only shades. I entered one but I used black as a shade. :/

Edited by Dorkie, 21 August 2012 - 08:42 AM.

#17 Dealin

Dealin
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:46 AM

Since there are 3 entrants will there be a first second or third winner or first second or just first.

I think what they meant was like a color splash. I would have done a color splash. I personally think Black & White should have been aloud since Black & White since they are really only shades. I entered one but I used black as a shade. :/

Well i wouldnt consider that fair, since there is a good chunk of "black" in number 2 as a shade.

I would have entered myself, but I didnt think we were allowed to use greyscale, then throw colors on top of it (as the OP said we COULDNT).

#18 tri

tri
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user

• 1133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:53 AM

Well i wouldnt consider that fair, since there is a good chunk of "black" in number 2 as a shade.

I would have entered myself, but I didnt think we were allowed to use greyscale, then throw colors on top of it (as the OP said we COULDNT).

I agree it looks like they used greyscale. But all the parts of the image have some sort of Red, Blue or Green aspect. I do not see any totally black parts.

#19 fimend

fimend
  • 170 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:02 AM

What I meant when I said greyscale wasn't allowed was I didn't want all the entries to look like this:
Spoiler

It's not up to the person running the SOTW to dictate how the entries are created. All I care about is what it looks like at the end. #2 is made up of shades of red, green, and blue which was the theme this week, so it's seem to fit the bill in my opinion whether or not they used greyscale to get to the end product.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sotw voting, rgb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users