Quantcast

Photo

Forum suggestion: Get rid of the lackluster mod Waser Lave.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
222 replies to this topic

#126 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:10 AM

People are simple and predictable. That doesn't mean you can determine the intent of other people's actions. Only the author of an action governs its intent.

Of course, the author of an action can lie about his intent. Likewise, someone can accuse him of lying and prove that he has an ulterior motive. The problem is that there is no evidence to at hand to make that assertion with. You're looking at the result of certain actions and accusing me of willingly engineering said results.

I believe it was Einstein who said that insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result...
So in repeatedly making your "debate topics", and expecting a different result to last time, you must be insane.

Or, as is more likely, you're not expecting a different result, and are therefore purposefully generating the reaction that follows.

#127 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:10 AM

Sorry, I know this happened a couple of pages ago but I was reading back through the thread and stumbled upon this massive inconsistency so I thought I'd share.

Falsifiable means that if something weren't true, it could be proven as so. There can a fallacies and holes within a chain of reasoning and that can be proven.

#128 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:11 AM

I believe it was Einstein who said that insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result...
So in repeatedly making your "debate topics", and expecting a different result to last time, you must be insane.

Or, as is more likely, you're not expecting a different result, and are therefore purposefully generating the reaction that follows.

Maybe I am insane? Or maybe I do not mind that result, albeit it is not my intent.

Edited by kami12, 21 August 2012 - 07:12 AM.

#129 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:12 AM

Are rape victims to blame for wearing a short skirt? :rolleyes:. No, each individual is solely responsible for his/her own actions.

Comparing your situation to that of a rape victim is a bit of a stretch, and frankly... disgusting. That comment alone shows your desire to set people off. I totally agree that everyone is responsible for their own actions. I personally chose to have a good time here and be goofy but reasonable and honest. There have been moderation decisions in the past I didn't agree with, and in such a situation you always have choices. Get over it and move on, leave forever in an epic ragequit, or hold the grudge and make snide comments about the situation every once in a while. I personally enjoy the last one, myself.

But you are not being honest about yourself. You aren't a victim of some bad conduct or Neopets-Cheating-Forum-Rape. You are aggravating people purposely. At least own up to the fact that you are pretending to be interested in intelligent debate, but the outraged and obnoxious responses are what you're really after. I suggest you read a history on the debates by 'iargue' so you can see what you are looking like.

And hey, what the fuck. I was homeschooled. What is wrong with being homeschooled? I think I turned out alright.

#130 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:12 AM

Maybe I am insane? Or maybe I do not mind that result, albeit it is not my intent?

Ok, maybe you're insane.
But you clearly care about the result, or you wouldn't talk about it so much.

#131 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:13 AM

Just because I don't take Codex entirely seriously 100% of the time and post like a pompous ass doesn't make me retarded. In fact, I'm sure when I've put my actual serious hat on I've surprised people here with what I say. I just don't feel there is any need to act like you.
We are all here, on this forum, because of a kids browser game for fucks sake. What in the fuck is grown up and adult about that? Lighten up and open your mind to others, you're still a child in many aspects, you still have plenty to learn.

On another note, your attitude towards others on threads completely warrants the response you get.

I call it as I see it. That you see neocodex as a license to be retarded doesn't spare your behaviour from being labeled as so.

#132 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:16 AM

Falsifiable means that if something weren't true, it could be proven as so. There can a fallacies and holes within a chain of reasoning and that can be proven.

But you just said that you know that you're right. How can your claims be falsifiable if you know that you're right?

(Also, I am competent enough to understand what 'falsifiable' means, but thank you for providing that definition for everyone else who may not understand rudimentary English.)

#133 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:16 AM

And hey, what the fuck. I was homeschooled. What is wrong with being homeschooled? I think I turned out alright.

Yeah, same here! (for a while anyways) >:c
Not everyone who's homeschooled is crazy and antisocial, just like how not everyone went to an actual school is sane and social! It all depends on the person~

(and yeah, Kami you should definitely lighten up :p Being serious all the time and not having any fun is boring!!)

Edited by Turnip, 21 August 2012 - 07:16 AM.

#134 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:18 AM

I call it as I see it. That you see neocodex as a license to be retarded doesn't spare your behaviour from being labeled as so.

And you wonder why I harass you.
Maybe if you spent less time reacting to disagreement with insult, and actually provided useful information for a change, people wouldn't insult you in return.
Calling people retarded does not get your point across, nor does it make you the better debater. So why waste your time with all this hypocritical behaviour?

#135 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:19 AM

Yeah, same here! (for a while anyways) >:c
Not everyone who's homeschooled is crazy and antisocial, just like how not everyone went to an actual school is sane and social! It all depends on the person~

Actually, I would say you're pretty crazy, and I'm pretty anti-social. Maybe Waser Lave is correct in his extreme prejudice against homeschooled people. *weeps bitterly. listens to the Cure*

#136 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:22 AM

Comparing your situation to that of a rape victim is a bit of a stretch, and frankly... disgusting. That comment alone shows your desire to set people off. I totally agree that everyone is responsible for their own actions. I personally chose to have a good time here and be goofy but reasonable and honest. There have been moderation decisions in the past I didn't agree with, and in such a situation you always have choices. Get over it and move on, leave forever in an epic ragequit, or hold the grudge and make snide comments about the situation every once in a while. I personally enjoy the last one, myself.

But you are not being honest about yourself. You aren't a victim of some bad conduct or Neopets-Cheating-Forum-Rape. You are aggravating people purposely. At least own up to the fact that you are pretending to be interested in intelligent debate, but the outraged and obnoxious responses are what you're really after. I suggest you read a history on the debates by 'iargue' so you can see what you are looking like.

That comment doesn't show my desire to set people off. That comment shows a massive whole in your logic when you want to blame me for "provoking" the actions of others. It's the same principle.

Again, you are projecting an intent on my actions that you cannot prove. Who says I do it on purpose? Under what logic, under what criterion? How do you determine that I am purposefully "pissing people off" when all I have made are serious (if controversial) debate threads? How can you argue that when people's responses to me have nothing to do with my threads?

At least admit that most people here have a problem with my persona, not my discussions. It takes a very infantile community of people to bombard a serious discussion with personal attacks because they simply dislike the person making them. Why are you trying to pin that kind of behaviour on me? Do you see world leaders at a summit disregarding Chavez and posting Brony pictures because he's an asshole? No, they are mature people that understand rules of engagement. Don't blame me because we can't say the same about the population here.

Furthermore, it does not matter if their reaction is my intent or if it isn't. That kind of behaviour is still reproachable. We may provoke an overly aggressive jerk to hit us, but he's still an overly aggressive jerk. My intent here doesn't change the fact that you're people willing to fill serious discussions with spam out of personal issues. That isn't my problem. It's yours.

#137 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:23 AM

My point was that if he was home-schooled he could at least have somewhat of an excuse for being as socially retarded as he appears to be, obviously not everybody who is home-schooled ends up like that (I wasn't trying to say that :p) but there's naturally a higher chance of being less socially experienced in that situation imo.

Furthermore, it does not matter if their reaction is my intent or if it isn't. That kind of behaviour is still reproachable. We may provoke an overly aggressive jerk to hit us, but he's still an overly aggressive jerk. My intent here doesn't change the fact that you're people willing to fill serious discussions with spam out of personal issues. That isn't my problem. It's yours.

Surely it is your problem if you're prancing around in front of people declaring how they're all wrong and/or stupid and that you're always right?

#138 Mishatu

Mishatu
  • 346 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:28 AM

Also, Kami, what the fuck is with the British spelling in your posts?
I thought you lived in Forida.

OMG it all makes sense now. Iargue is from Florida. Yung was originally from Florida. And now Kami.

#139 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:30 AM

OMG it all makes sense now. Iargue is from Florida. Yung was originally from Florida. And now Kami.

He's from Dominican Republic apparently.

#140 Mishatu

Mishatu
  • 346 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:31 AM

Darn, I thought I was on to something.

#141 tri

tri
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user

• 1133 posts

Users Awards

The Dominican is a nice place. Beautiful place to vacation.

#142 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

But you just said that you know that you're right. How can your claims be falsifiable if you know that you're right?

(Also, I am competent enough to understand what 'falsifiable' means, but thank you for providing that definition for everyone else who may not understand rudimentary English.)

You're having trouble with the concept of falsifiable. I can say things fall to the ground. I am completely right. However, the claim is falsifiable because things can, theoretically, not fall to the ground. We say things aren't falsifiable when they can't be theoretically proven wrong. Falsifiable means that WHEN something is false, it can be shown as so.

Saying that God exists but that we can't feel him, see him, taste him, or hear him is unfalsifiable because even if the claim was false, we'd still not able to refute it.

Edited by kami12, 21 August 2012 - 07:33 AM.

#143 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:33 AM

The Dominican is a nice place. Beautiful place to vacation.

The education system seems a bit fucked up though.

#144 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:35 AM

Ok, maybe you're insane.
But you clearly care about the result, or you wouldn't talk about it so much.

With not caring, I mean I don't mind it. It's not something that I desire or wish to prevent.

#145 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:36 AM

Give Waser a knife, give Camisole a butter knife, lock them in a room. Open the door for the winner.

Problem solved.

#146 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:39 AM

I am completely right.

This is the center of the issue. What you lack is the humility or the intelligence to understand that you are a person who is not infallible. You are COMPLETELY RIGHT. No one can ever have a good point or be correct in arguing with you, because you don't allow room for other's points of view. They are always wrong. You are always right. With no room for growth on either side, what's the point of the argument?

You haven't offered any solutions for this Waser Lave problem, so what is Pyro699 to do when he sees your complaint? Should Waser be spanked for not 'giving a shit'?

#147 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:43 AM

At least admit that most people here have a problem with my persona, not my discussions. It takes a very infantile community of people to bombard a serious discussion with personal attacks because they simply dislike the person making them. Why are you trying to pin that kind of behaviour on me? Do you see world leaders at a summit disregarding Chavez and posting Brony pictures because he's an asshole? No, they are mature people that understand rules of engagement. Don't blame me because we can't say the same about the population here.

You are the master of your own discussions. When you make a thread, you own that thread and you determine the rules under which the thread will operate. Your threads operate under the "kami12 is right and everyone who disagrees will be mocked, have eyes rolled at them, and have their intelligence and stance belittled with dictionary definitions" rule. If Chavez stood up on the podium and just repeated the same thing over and over, made faces at everyone and twisted things around that people said in a way that openly shows how little you respect them or think of their intellect...

Spoiler

...then his time in the sun would probably be just as short as yours will no doubt prove to be.

#148 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:44 AM

This is the center of the issue. What you lack is the humility or the intelligence to understand that you are a person who is not infallible. You are COMPLETELY RIGHT. No one can ever have a good point or be correct in arguing with you, because you don't allow room for other's points of view. They are always wrong. You are always right. With no room for growth on either side, what's the point of the argument?

You haven't offered any solutions for this Waser Lave problem, so what is Pyro699 to do when he sees your complaint? Should Waser be spanked for not 'giving a shit'?

I am completely right because I don't spouse fallible ideas. I don't make dumb assumptions. I question critically. I read. Of course I am going to be completely right. There's room for growth on the other side. For example, someone just learned what falsifiable means.

#149 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:47 AM

You're having trouble with the concept of falsifiable. I can say things fall to the ground. I am completely right. However, the claim is falsifiable because things can, theoretically, not fall to the ground. We say things aren't falsifiable when they can't be theoretically proven wrong. Falsifiable means that WHEN something is false, it can be shown as so.

Saying that God exists but that we can't feel him, see him, taste him, or hear him is unfalsifiable because even if the claim was false, we'd still not able to refute it.

I am having no trouble with the concept of something being falsifiable. What I am having trouble with is your obvious misunderstanding of the word or how you think that it applies to anything that you ever say.

I am completely right because I don't spouse fallible ideas. I don't make dumb assumptions. I question critically. I read. Of course I am going to be completely right. There's room for growth on the other side. For example, someone just learned what falsifiable means.

You are such a condescending prick.

#150 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:47 AM

I don't make dumb assumptions.

Lol'd @ more educated than me, though.

High school diploma from a public school in a developing nation. :whistling:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users