Quantcast

Photo

GF is in a serious legal bind...Crazy Ex BF want's a "engagement ring" back when it was a gift! -_-

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#26 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:48 AM

Whatever happens I would suggest leaving the lawyers out of it for as long as possible and just try to sort it all out between themselves. :/

Thanks alot for that suggestion. We have tried that. But he has intent on giving her what she deserves apparently from what he said on a text. So I'll def need to sit and talk to her, and listen to the voicecalls and see the texts again.

#27 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:21 AM

Tell your girlfriend to stop being a greedy little bitch and give the ring back. It will stop the phone calls or at least stop one of the excuses for him to ring her.

But hey, at least you get to see how sparkling and radiant she is (by that I mean greedy and cowardly)

#28 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:31 AM

Tell your girlfriend to stop being a greedy little bitch and give the ring back. It will stop the phone calls or at least stop one of the excuses for him to ring her.

But hey, at least you get to see how sparkling and radiant she is (by that I mean greedy and cowardly)

A greedy little bitch? Lol way to have some respect for people. Greedy and cowardly doesn't remotely come to mind when you think about a hardworking single mother of 3 does it? I do agree is she sparkling and radiant :)

#29 Wicked

Wicked
  • 2057 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:01 AM

Eh, its a sticky situation. On one hand, if you can prove that he was/is obsessive and that he only really is a vindictive person, you might have that for your benefit.. On the other, I've seen people hold a mean poker face and convince the law that it he is the true victim.

I know it might be hard to give it up, especially if she feels she needs it to take care of her kids, but I think the easiest way out of this is to just give back the ring. In the long run, he won't have anything else to hold over her head and the less grip he has on her, the better it is to move away from him.

But that is just my opinion.

#30 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:27 AM

Eh, its a sticky situation. On one hand, if you can prove that he was/is obsessive and that he only really is a vindictive person, you might have that for your benefit.. On the other, I've seen people hold a mean poker face and convince the law that it he is the true victim.

I know it might be hard to give it up, especially if she feels she needs it to take care of her kids, but I think the easiest way out of this is to just give back the ring. In the long run, he won't have anything else to hold over her head and the less grip he has on her, the better it is to move away from him.

But that is just my opinion.

You're right on that on. The only thing he has now is a storage unit with her stuff. Hopefully something can be worked out where he will finally give it back

#31 Wicked

Wicked
  • 2057 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

You're right on that on. The only thing he has now is a storage unit with her stuff. Hopefully something can be worked out where he will finally give it back

Gotcha. If she has proof that the stuff in the storage unit is hers, you can use that as leverage. A counter claim, so to say.

#32 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:07 AM

But man why the hell would you sue someone for not giving a gift back?? Wow it's a GIFT you gave to a person you no longer see or should care about, who cares?? I don't get it

One of my mother's many boyfriends was rich and decided to spend a bit of money for a glamorous Christmas present one year, only to have a massive fight a week later and eventually breaking it off a bit afterwards.

He suddenly decided that he wanted the gifts back because they were his bought with his money.

#33 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:49 AM

A greedy little bitch? Lol way to have some respect for people. Greedy and cowardly doesn't remotely come to mind when you think about a hardworking single mother of 3 does it? I do agree is she sparkling and radiant :)

She's using someone else's gift for monetary gain and when that person asks for it because you broke up she refuses because all she cares about is the money. I don't care if three spuds have sprouted from her vagina, those aren't qualities of a person, they are just factoids.

BTW, don't assume that you automatically deserve respect, especially over an internet forum where people have never met you. It's baseless and stupid.

#34 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:00 AM

Meh, I am inclined to agree with Frizzle.

A) Having children is not a quality. I have two, and I am a complete bitch. It's like the more I have, the more bitter I get.
&
B) She just needs to hand it back over and stop being so damn stubborn. What is so special about it? Does she still love him? If not then it's obviously the monetary value, in which case that would make her selfish, as Frizzle said. She is willing to go through the system, put her kids through the stress of witnessing it, and all for what? A ring her ex gave her? .. lololol. I can't.. omg.

Posted Image

#35 Wicked

Wicked
  • 2057 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:03 AM

She's using someone else's gift for monetary gain and when that person asks for it because you broke up she refuses because all she cares about is the money. I don't care if three spuds have sprouted from her vagina, those aren't qualities of a person, they are just factoids.

BTW, don't assume that you automatically deserve respect, especially over an internet forum where people have never met you. It's baseless and stupid.

Frizzle got angry since I was last here :p

Meh, yes monetary needs are one of the bases of greed. But so does the need of control or power, if the dude is still holding her stuff away from her.

And yes, this is the internet where respect doesn't exist and neither does a filter of mind or mouth(or fingers for this matter)

#36 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:05 AM

Meh, yes monetary needs are one of the bases of greed. But so does the need of control or power, if the dude is still holding her stuff away from her.

But in saying that, wouldn't you agree that she is trying to maintain power over him too? Why can't she just return the ring? Then what does he have over her, nothing.
In keeping it, she's allowing that door to stay open. Her own fault in my opinion. It's just a big power struggle between the two of them, someone needs to be the bigger person and cut the shit. In my opinion it should be her.

#37 DaringDarling

DaringDarling
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:09 AM

Frizzle got angry since I was last here :p

And yes, this is the internet where respect doesn't exist and neither does a filter of mind or mouth(or fingers for this matter)

I second that. Both parties of this case are having some issues deeper than this case.

And I love Wicked for that last line because it was exactly wat I was thinking!

#38 Wicked

Wicked
  • 2057 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:09 AM

But in saying that, wouldn't you agree that she is trying to maintain power over him too? Why can't she just return the ring? Then what does he have over her, nothing.
In keeping it, she's allowing that door to stay open. Her own fault in my opinion. It's just a big power struggle between the two of them, someone needs to be the bigger person and cut the shit. In my opinion it should be her.

Wasn't disagreeing, note my posts above that I've suggested she return it.

#39 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:11 AM

Wasn't disagreeing, note my posts above that I've suggested she return it.

I'm aware. I read your posts.
I was just asking if you agree that it may be that it's just a power struggle between them both.

#40 Wicked

Wicked
  • 2057 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:15 AM

I'm aware. I read your posts.
I was just asking if you agree that it may be that it's just a power struggle between them both.

Sorry, misread in my multitasking :) Yes, I agree. I like simple terms, so I would have just given it back by now.

#41 tri

tri
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user

• 1133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:41 AM

He gave the ring to her. She should keep it.

#42 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:46 AM

He gave the ring to her. She should keep it.

In exchange for her hand in marriage, which never happened.

#43 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:20 PM

I think she should keep the ring until he gives her her stuff back. Why not just have an even exchange?

Idk when I broke up with my ex I gave him back all the gifts he gave me and took back all the gifts I gave him. No point in holding that shit, it's from the past and it's just baggage imo.

Edited by Mishelle, 26 October 2012 - 12:22 PM.

#44 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:23 PM

I think she should keep the ring until he gives her her stuff back. Why not just have an even exchange?

Idk when I broke up with my ex I gave him back all the gifts he gave me and took back all the gifts I gave him. No point in holding that shit, it's from the past and it's just baggage imo.

I agree. Gotta let this stuff roll off your back. I know I certainly don't want reminders of my ex.

#45 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:16 PM

One of my mother's many boyfriends was rich and decided to spend a bit of money for a glamorous Christmas present one year, only to have a massive fight a week later and eventually breaking it off a bit afterwards.

He suddenly decided that he wanted the gifts back because they were his bought with his money.

Ohh god that must have sucked :S
Either way, if it's a gift that you bought for someone, then I really don't see why you should be expecting that thing back! My ex boyfriend wants this here monitor back but hey, he gave it to me for my birthday almost two years ago! I'm not asking for the gifts I gave him back, because I bought them for him.

If it gets to the point where the guy wants to go to court about not returning it then I think the easiest thing to do would to give it back, or like Mishelle said, maybe as a trade for the stuff in storage things? D: Since yeah, getting rid of any reasons why he'd need to get in touch with her seems like the best thing right now!! Especially since he's crazy!

Edited by Turnip, 26 October 2012 - 01:18 PM.

#46 Silver

Silver
  • poppycock.

• 1041 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

If it was just a gift, she should keep it. If it was an engagement ring, she should give it back.

And I'm only drawing from my past when I suggest this; but have you considered that she might still want to be with him since kept the ring? If the reasons for keeping it were financial, I feel she would have sold it once she was over him. Most girls don't hold on to old jewelry after a relationship, unless they still have emotions for the person they were with.

I find it fishy that a guy would give a gift of that nature and expense to a woman just for kicks, and not an engagement. Then again, I'm also not ballin rich. Yet.

#47 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:02 PM

-o- now everyone has me thinking why would she keep the ring? @____@ I 'd like to think she should return it so he can just leave her alone. And in exchange get the stuff stored back.

#48 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

The whole point of this is that my girlfriend is adament is was a gift lol not a engagement ring. The ring was given to her a year ago on her birthday lol. He said she said again. Just need to find more evidence other then recorded phonecalls -__-

Lol I forgot where I was asking this question. Duh the interweb...where creatures just lurk

Edited by DanDoesWork, 26 October 2012 - 07:51 PM.

#49 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

This is why I always say "No thanks" when dudes offer to buy me $10,000 rings.

#50 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:30 PM

I'm sure I saw this on Judge Judy once....

The girl kept the ring in the end, and the guy had to pay his own court fees, along with hers for wasting both their time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users