Quantcast

Photo

If you could legalize 1 illegal thing what would it be?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#51 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

Then this comes down to what drugs you consider "bad" from a moral point of view. I for one, do not equate recreational cannabis to the "recreational" usage of steroids, MDMA etc...
edit: Considering the fact that the negative effects that come about as a result of abusing substances do not measure to the effects of abusing others (Cocaine vs Cannabis).
I will concede however, that until a more cost-efficient method of testing for substance abuse comes about, it would be unwise to place such a law into effect.
I do not concede the the motives behind it though.

So..you think that any and all plausible methods of reducing our impact on the environment should not be taken regardless of the long-term effects of global warming?
SUVs and Hummers should be made illegal on the same grounds that cars are required to pass a smog test
Their emissions and fuel consumption are may not be as detrimental as the emissions of factories or cow farts but still merit regulation.

Just because you pay for something doesn't make it okay.

You cannot seriously compare cannabis and cocaine as recreational drugs and you are seriously ignorant over the uses of steroid and MDMA/ecstasy use. I also like how you put quotation marks around recreational as in apparently only addicts use MDMA (which couldn't be further from the truth).

If you concede that welfare benefits must take drugs test, surely all workers in all jobs should take mandatory drugs test?

So I'm assuming you walk or cycle to work? Everyone should do it, as that is the only way we can battle carbon emissions? SUVs and Hummers obviously pass all state and legislative MOT's in regards to emissions and these laws are obviously influence by environmental pressure groups, so they must be fine in that sense. They also pay higher tax (at least in this country) based purely on emissions that the car creates.

I'm also assuming you drive a 1.0 litre, 80BHP mini-car? I mean, if you drove anything that causes more emissions than that, you would be a hypocrite right?

#52 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

You cannot seriously compare cannabis and cocaine as recreational drugs and you are seriously ignorant over the uses of steroid and MDMA/ecstasy use. I also like how you put quotation marks around recreational as in apparently only addicts use MDMA (which couldn't be further from the truth).

Ignorant to the fact that those substances do and will cause significant harm to the users body if abused for prolonged periods of time?

If you concede that welfare benefits must take drugs test, surely all workers in all jobs should take mandatory drugs test?

Government jobs yes. I would not want a substance abusing police officer or firefighter on payroll. I'm sure most will agree with me on that.

So I'm assuming you walk or cycle to work? Everyone should do it, as that is the only way we can battle carbon emissions? SUVs and Hummers obviously pass all state and legislative MOT's in regards to emissions and these laws are obviously influence by environmental pressure groups, so they must be fine in that sense. They also pay higher tax (at least in this country) based purely on emissions that the car creates.

Emissions laws do not tax SUV owners (to my knowledge) in the United States. Insurance rates are considerably higher but I am not aware of such a tax.

I'm also assuming you drive a 1.0 litre, 80BHP mini-car? I mean, if you drove anything that causes more emissions than that, you would be a hypocrite right?

I interned with Heal the Bay for months and volunteered there for years before that.
I do not drive at all and prefer riding a bike.
So..I'm pretty such I have solvency to support this 100%. :p

Edited by Ivysaur, 24 January 2013 - 01:21 PM.

#53 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

Exaggerates the size of the carbon footprint left behind by that person for no good reason.
I understand if you need it to tow/carry/transport heavy objects but to drive to work and back?

Come on.

I don't understand why you would be for the legalization of certain recreational drugs, but against using certain vehicles.

Emissions laws do not tax SUV owners (to my knowledge) in the United States. Insurance rates are considerably higher but I am not aware of such a tax.

Then why don't change that law rather than making them illegal?

Edited by Drakonid, 24 January 2013 - 03:36 PM.

#54 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

I don't understand why you would be for the legalization of certain recreational drugs, but against using certain vehicles.

Because smoking pot doesn't harm the environment?

Then why don't change that law rather than making them illegal?

Perhaps as a means to slowly phase out their non-commercial use but in the end, I would like to place them in the same category as commercial vehicles.

#55 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

Ya know, you could of just said you're a poor cyclist and cannot afford to drive and we could have been done.

#56 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

Ya know, you could of just said you're a poor cyclist and cannot afford to drive and we could have been done.

Now you're assuming I'm poor?
It's well within my means to purchase a car, I chose not to.

Who pissed in your cornflakes this morning?

#57 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:16 AM

I'd make pissing in someone's cornflakes illegal.

Make freaking drugs tests mandatory for any and all forms of welfare would be my first move.
If you do nothing but abuse drugs all day, you sure as hell won't get your rent paid, food stamps AND a couple hundred bucks a week from the government.

What if the drugs they are abusing are legal and being prescribed to them by a doctor?

#58 Claws

Claws
  • 217 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:13 AM

I would make the fur trade illegal... And put bounties on those that hunt endangered animals for sport and to make a profit.

#59 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:15 AM

Now you're assuming I'm poor?
It's well within my means to purchase a car, I chose not to.

It's not an assumption, it's based on your jealousy of people in high rise cars which you can't afford which results in your poor and misguided opinion.

#60 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

What if the drugs they are abusing are legal and being prescribed to them by a doctor?

Of course there would be exceptions. It would be terrible for someone to be denied assistance just because need a certain medicine.
I don't think there is a way to verify whether or not someone is abusing pain medicine.

It's not an assumption, it's based on your jealousy of people in high rise cars which you can't afford which results in your poor and misguided opinion.

So...now I'm jealous?
You're grabbing at straws now in a futile attempt to insult me :3
You're embarrassing yourself.

#61 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

So...now I'm jealous?
You're grabbing at straws now in a futile attempt to insult me :3
You're embarrassing yourself.

Irony isn't lost on you, is it. You haven't brought up a good argument about why SUV's should be banned, ignored all of my points and sources, and just continue to rattle on without adding anything of substance.

Would you actually care to answer some of the above points, or is it too much for you?

#62 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

Irony isn't lost on you, is it. You haven't brought up a good argument about why SUV's should be banned, ignored all of my points and sources, and just continue to rattle on without adding anything of substance.

Would you actually care to answer some of the above points, or is it too much for you?

I did. You (as usual) are simply trying to pick a fight. (Venting some anger perhaps? Ionno)
Sorry if you have comprehension problems.

Would you like me to use bullet points perhaps?
Or maybe write a summery in words that are no larger then 2 syllables?
Or draw pictures?

#63 Xiphos

Xiphos
  • 3365 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:11 AM

Make it legal to have a one world government, make it illegal for you to have rights. 

#64 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

You'll continue being wrong, most likely. However, I'm Italian and Catholic. So, not technically a WASP

WISC?

#65 ajk11195

ajk11195
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

Marijuana.

#66 Goten

Goten
  • Saiyan

• 16 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:15 AM

Legalize marijuana worldwide

#67 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

Marijuana.

Legalize marijuana worldwide

You guys are brimming with insight and hardcore discussion tactics! Bravo.

One of the things that should be legalized in the United States is the age of alcohol consumption should be lowered to the age of 18. It was raised after the prohibition and has yet to be lowered back down to 18. I'm under the opinion that if an individual is old enough to join the military and potentially die in the line of service they should at the very least be able to buy themselves a damn drink. They can go buy cigarettes, they can gamble, they can hire a prostitute in Las Vegas, but they can't have a beer without facing cell time.

One thing I feel should be made illegal is sex with minors across the entire country. Different states have different laws regarding the age of consent and what is or is not considered statutory rape. In Arkansas for example if the pair are within three years of age then it's not statutory rape, so if the guy or girl is 18 and the guy or girl they're having sex with is 15 then that is legal in the state of Arkansas. Other states have other laws and loopholes that allow the exploitation of minors for sex even easier.

#68 Lightsora65

Lightsora65
  • 62 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

drugs,everytime it is drugs and no one thinks of peeing at schools or other buildings... :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users