Abrosia Re-Write Testing

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:51 PM

So, in the past when it comes time for us to test something i have always made an announcement thread, got people to send in resumes and crap like that. This time im going to try it a different way, those of you who are interested in testing this out, become a regular of the tinychat room and/or IRC room (links below). This will make communication much easier i believe, and in turn i can get better work done. So if you are interested i suggest starting that up now; i wont have a testable application done for a few weeks but joining these rooms now and letting me get to know you should help speed things along. Note that asking me to have it will probally just piss me off and result in me not even wanting to talk to you :p

For now a list of people i am interested in having test the program are (You don't have to, these are just the people id be cool with having it :p):

*Elle

*Adam

*Futurama

*Emily

*Jiayu

*Yung

*Napiform

*Strategist

*Kate

IRC (irc.freenote.net #neocodex): http://www.neocodex.us/forum/ircChat/

TinyChat: http://www.tinychat.com

#2 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:31 PM

There is no way that using tinychat as a means of communication regarding the new program will be efficient or effective. I won't tell you what the cynic in me wants to say.

#3 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:32 PM

Because i care and value your opinion cronus :p

#4 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:40 AM

There is no way that using tinychat as a means of communication regarding the new program will be efficient or effective. I won't tell you what the cynic in me wants to say.

What would you suggest as a better alternative?

#5 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:06 AM

What would you suggest as a better alternative?

I was gonna say IRC (to be honest I don't think I've ever heard of people testing program things and using Tinychat of all things for discussing it), but the people Pyro wants to help him test it out all go in TC so I don't know how comfortable they'd be with using something different
┐( ´ Д ` )┌

It'd probably be best to keep everyone in the same area though hehehh

Edited by Turnip, 25 May 2013 - 08:06 AM.

#6 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:08 AM

I was gonna say IRC (to be honest I don't think I've ever heard of people testing program things and using Tinychat of all things for discussing it), but the people Pyro wants to help him test it out all go in TC so I don't know how comfortable they'd be with using something different

Honestly, I don't care between IRC and TC. I just like TC better because I don't know anything about anime and it's more active. (Every time I'm in IRC, everyone's just doing nothing.)

#7 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:11 AM

┐( ´ Д ` )┌

I'd guess he's wanting to use Tinychat because it gives a more instant response than IRC and people can be topless.

#8 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:12 AM

I just like TC better because I don't know anything about anime

?? What hahaha

I don't think I've ever seen you in there... We don't even talk about anime :V And you can just change the subject whenever you want its not like anyone is stopping you

Also it'd be more active if people actually went in there and talked rather than idling for a few minutes (assuming they go in there in the first place), not talking because they expect people to see them enter the channel without actually saying anything, then leaving :p 

See like this

[17:37:48] * Guest_340 has joined #neocodex
[17:38:13] * Guest_340 Quit (Client Quit)

I'd guess he's wanting to use Tinychat because it gives a more instant response than IRC and people can be topless.

Ehh? How is a lightweight platform which is just text less "instant" than bloaty flash things?~ If you use a decent standalone client you can just set it to beep/do the taskbar flash thing/whatever whenever someone talks in the channel lmao

But nyaaaa using what you're most comfortable with is best~ I'm just voicing my thoughts since using TC for testing and programming-related things is a bit... unusual, but hEY whatever hahah
I still think it's best just to keep everyone in one place though :0

Edited by Turnip, 25 May 2013 - 08:49 AM.

#9 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:43 AM

Someday you might find me in IRC or Tinychat and I want to help.

I don't want to put my neopets account at risk, though, so by help, what I mean is I will sit in chat and criticize you. It really helps a lot. Ask Kway.

#10 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:25 AM

?? What hahaha
I don't think I've ever seen you in there... We don't even talk about anime :V And you can just change the subject whenever you want its not like anyone is stopping you

I haven't been there in months... I was still pregnant. (the baby is 6 months old now.)

Edited by Napiform, 25 May 2013 - 09:25 AM.

#11 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:26 AM

I think IRC would be the most appropriate as we can save the logs which allows more conclusive notes.

TinyChat may be more familiar but it lacks an easy way to log the discussion. Text based records are more conclusive than video records.

#12 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:08 AM

I don't see what the problem is with using TC. If there was a problem, yo he'll solve it, check out my text while my computer runs it. No, but really, it's not hard to write down what people say...piece of paper and pencil (I KNOW OLD FASHION!), or you know, copy and paste into a notepad. TBH, the only people saying I don't know about TC are the ones that never get on TC...minus cronus, but he doesn't count. I'd go on IRC and do it if it was IRC only.

Edited by Futurama, 25 May 2013 - 10:08 AM.

#13 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:13 AM

I was just saying that since IRC can be set to automatically log the conversation that it is what should probably be used for tracking this. I expect him to grab a pad and pen to take physical notes if the need arises for such a thing as note taking. :p

#14 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:25 AM

No, but really, it's not hard to write down what people say...piece of paper and pencil (I KNOW OLD FASHION!), or you know, copy and paste into a notepad.

Writing things down is a looot more time consuming than just opening a .txt file and seeing things like this already recorded for you:

Spoiler

Sure copying it all down manually works but there's always a chance you'll miss something, and hell if people are getting topless on it then you know you're gonna get distracted ┐(' ~ `; )┌ You don't exactly have that problem with IRC because its text-only

Also, you can send files via XDCC if you need it for... some reason. No idea if there's a file sharing thing in TC heh

Edited by Turnip, 25 May 2013 - 10:28 AM.

#15 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:39 AM

We can talk about this for all we want, but in the end it's Cody's decision, he decided to include both. Therefore no one should be mad, if one person likes IRC better than TC, then you can talk about it on IRC and vice versa.

#16 Jiayu

Jiayu
  • 177 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:08 AM

I didn't realize I was a regular on TC... too bad I don't use shells and won't be able to help test it unless I decide to set up a proxy.

#17 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:11 AM

Posting a list of people you want to test the program?

Circlejerk!

#18 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:17 AM

I also think it would be better to use IRC mostly because TC can be quite buggy when it wants to be.

#19 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:20 AM

I also think it would be better to use IRC mostly because TC can be quite buggy when it wants to be.

So can IRC for that matter.

You've clearly never been there during a room split. lol

#20 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:29 AM

So can IRC for that matter.

You've clearly never been there during a room split. lol

That's just because of the servers being silly and to be honest it doesn't happen all that much on Freenode :p You rejoin the channel fairly quickly anyways~

Qchat can be buggy though, where it stops sending your messages/you can't see other people's messages and it eventually times you out and forces you to rejoin, but that literally never happens if you use a different better client (e.g. xchat, mIRC, IRSSI, etc)

#21 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:32 AM

I use ChatZilla, the Firefox Extension. Most reliable client I've ever used and I prefer the black and white contrast.

#22 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:08 PM

I put together a list of everything that everyone wanted to see added to the new Abrosia for your convenience. This is what I was working on when you banned me from TC earlier.

The List:

Spoiler

#23 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:49 AM

Just a heads up, that this is not dead. I am planning on doing this; its just i've started to do some work on the new program manager. Abrosia 2.0 (or what ever you want it name it) will be released in it xD

#24 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:55 AM

Abrosia 2.0 (or what ever you want it name it)

Hmm, we're going to have to get thinking about that. :p

#25 Trey

Trey
  • 364 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:03 AM

Let's call the new Abrosia... Ambrosia! :p It will at least save us time on having to constantly correct members on their spelling...

Edited by Trey, 18 June 2013 - 03:04 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users