• This topic is locked This topic is locked
87 replies to this topic

#1 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

Hey Guys,

So i have quite a bit of free time coming up and after a meeting with the staff have decided to release my personal auto-buyer in place of Abrosia. There are quite a few back end issues from having too many cooks in the kitchen and hopefully this will solve that issue and correct some issues we would like to have addressed. With all of that said there are quite a few things that i need to add that are not currently in my script, such as: the AAA and Igloo functionality, add a proper GUI interface (mine is completely CLI driven), convert to a proper Program Manager Plugin, add in scheduling and buy list functionality. Needless to say there is a lot of work to be done. Something that i would like to know from you are some of (what you feel to be) the most important parts of Aborisa; this will let me get a rough beta out and i can add in these important features right away. Something else i would be curious to know about is features that are not currently in Abrosia and you would like to see implemented.

So everyone please tell me your thoughts and ideas, even if someone else has already said them please reiterate. Also make it as clear as possible for me to know what you are talking about; point form lists work very well.

Anyways, let the conversation commence :)
~Cody

* Better scheduling system than Abrosia, clearly a priority.
* List of people in the shop.
* Shop buyout button. "Buy x items under the cost of y np."
* White/Black item lists, tie into shopids / AAA / Igloo.
* Comprehensive Display. Realtime item lists.
* Maximum Profit.
* Put item management on its own thread, seperate from the autobuying thread.
* Option to go after lowest profit items first.
* Browser Synchronization.
* Work with Neopets Premium.
* Add useage of SSW.
* Custom Audio.
* Wrong page loads.
* Codex Item Lists (May need help with this from the community).

#2 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:34 PM

I've noticed a few people ask for a better scheduling system in the past I think and the number of people restocking in each shop table too. I'm guessing people would also want multi-account functionality but that would probably have to be done with the Program Manager itself rather than Abrosia? I think having it work with the Neopets Premium bar thing would help people out too.

#3 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:06 PM

I've noticed a few people ask for a better scheduling system in the past I think and the number of people restocking in each shop table too. I'm guessing people would also want multi-account functionality but that would probably have to be done with the Program Manager itself rather than Abrosia? I think having it work with the Neopets Premium bar thing would help people out too.

Yes, better scheduling! It's is such a pain setting it up and it tends to freak out every other time you add.

I can't really think of anything else... other than the ability to prioritize items somehow when using a manual list

#4 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

• Premium bar/SSW support
  • More comprehensive scheduling. As a supplement to a fix schedule why not introduce a more on-the-fly preset pattern. Here's a mockup
  • lbTZPpn.png
  • Separate buy delays for main shop, the attic, The 'Gloo.
  • instant item management, not waiting 5 seconds, collect till, wait 5 seconds, adding to shop, waiting 5 seconds pricing, waiting 5 seconds, back to shops

• Also when pricing items not in SSW mode, don't raise the price higher than the existing price if no lower prices are found.

#5 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

After ABing in the Attic, I noticed that Abrosia continues to refresh in the Attic even after it's made the maximum amount of daily purchases.

Perhaps a way to make it stop?

#6 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:05 PM

After ABing in the Attic, I noticed that Abrosia continues to refresh in the Attic even after it's made the maximum amount of daily purchases.

Perhaps a way to make it stop?

I agree it should stop but resume again on the next day.

• Also there's a bunch of ghost items in the db like 1/3, 2/3 pizza priced very very... very... low but identify themselves as UB and wasting attic buys. I think SL knows about this one.
  • something happened with the way abrosia logged sessions. Instead of saving it with carriage returns like it is displayed in the window the logs saves each session as one continuous line of text.

#7 Kyle

Kyle
  • Legit.

• 2082 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

All great suggestions so far!

• A shop clearing function (max NP to spend, how long to clear, how much to clear IE-Clears 10 cheapest items when set, obviously a stock that occurs while clearing would override clearing)
  • Multi-account functionality, as Waser said. I hate having six program managers open all the time
  • Better support for when internet connection is lost (IE the program just times out, instead of taking a ten minute break and then trying to connect again)
  • Show how many people are in what shops, and the AAA (not just color coded)
  • Possibly a schedule override based on number of people in a shop (IE if stamps got below 10 ppl, no matter the schedule Abrosia would AB for 45 min)

#8 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:32 PM

It seems about time for this. It's been four years since I wrote Abrosia, in an effort to avoid research work that was boring as shit. :p

I wish I could work on this, but I probably won't be able to. I'm finishing my masters thesis, and I have a part time job now. :/ Maybe once my thesis is done and I'm all graduated?

#9 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:34 PM

• instant item management, not waiting 5 seconds, collect till, wait 5 seconds, adding to shop, waiting 5 seconds pricing, waiting 5 seconds, back to shops

Elaborate?

• A shop clearing function (max NP to spend, how long to clear, how much to clear IE-Clears 10 cheapest items when set, obviously a stock that occurs while clearing would override clearing)
  • Why on earth would you want this?
  • Better support for when internet connection is lost (IE the program just times out, instead of taking a ten minute break and then trying to connect again)
  • Do you mean you want it to take a ten minute break? Or do yoou want it to time out? Currently my Auto Buyer waits a seriers of progressivly higher times until it succeeds or hits the last value.

#10 Rainexsorrow

Rainexsorrow
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:36 PM

Wouldnt mind seeing the items in the shop, like pictures. I tend to monitor abrosia while its on so it gives me something to look at instead of a static number. I know this probably isnt a priority feature or anything, but id like it

#11 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

Wouldnt mind seeing the items in the shop, like pictures. I tend to monitor abrosia while its on so it gives me something to look at instead of a static number. I know this probably isnt a priority feature or anything, but id like it

This is totally up my alley xD If you remember the other programs that i have written (NeggSweeper and Pyramids) you'll notice that i have an overlay like this.

#12 Kyle

Kyle
  • Legit.

• 2082 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:05 PM

• Why on earth would you want this?
  • Because shops stock faster when it has less items. All the big time RSers clear as they stock in hopes of a big ticket item stocking
  • Do you mean you want it to take a ten minute break? Or do yoou want it to time out? Currently my Auto Buyer waits a seriers of progressivly higher times until it succeeds or hits the last value.
  • When I wake my laptop after sleeping it to go somewhere, the program doesn't work because it lost internet connection at some point and I have to reopen (six) Abrosia. The time out feature needs to handle a loss in internet connection better, is what I'm trying to say. Sorry for being confusing

#13 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:29 PM

I request that we keep abrosia available during the transition so that people can continue to use it while this new auto buyer is released. At least for a few months to a year while we get everyone transitioned. This is a big change and we need to do it slowly.

#14 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:32 PM

Can this be confirmed and backed-up with data that a shop will restock faster if its empty?
And thats not something Abrosia specific but PM specific.

I request that we keep abrosia available during the transition so that people can continue to use it while this new auto buyer is released. At least for a few months to a year while we get everyone transitioned. This is a big change and we need to do it slowly.

Well Yeah!! XD Gimme a little credit :3

#15 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:11 PM

Something I would love is an "automatic send everything to the shop when the inventory reaches 50" Item Management sort of thing as an option other than beingtime dependent. The timing is a disadvantage for me because Item Management occurs frequently when a shop restocks. By having this type of item management, putting items in shops and pricing them happens directly after a restock when all the good items are bought instead of risking a shop pricing period during a restock.

Believe or not for most people who trade NP from me, I get millions of NP off low profit items in multitudes since I'm part of a mall and it's annoying when my ABer stops every restock or two because I've reached 50 items. Real truth is that I don't even leave my ABer on for more than 50 minutes at a time.

#16 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:14 PM

Something I would love is an "automatic send everything to the shop when the inventory reaches 50" Item Management sort of thing as an option other than beingtime dependent. The timing is a disadvantage for me because Item Management occurs frequently when a shop restocks. By having this type of item management, putting items in shops and pricing them happens directly after a restock when all the good items are bought instead of risking a shop pricing period during a restock.

Believe or not for most people who trade NP from me, I get millions of NP off low profit items in multitudes since I'm part of a mall and it's annoying when my ABer stops every restock or two because I've reached 50 items. Real truth is that I don't even leave my ABer on for more than 50 minutes at a time.

My profit is set to 2,500 so i know exactly what you are talking about :p But that is something i can defiantly add.

#17 stirlingL

stirlingL
  • 424 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

I wrote this in a topic before , Dont know what you guys think of it but id say it would be a good idea especially if your re writing it!

With the minutes to spend in each shop option = X, would it reduce the freeze rate (by a very small amount I agree) by having the option Spend between X and Y in each shop that way randomizing the amount of time per shop, because If they can track it it would seem pretty suspect always spending exactly 20mins or 30mins in the shop before changing every time?

#18 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:29 PM

I wrote this in a topic before , Dont know what you guys think of it but id say it would be a good idea especially if your re writing it!

With the minutes to spend in each shop option = X, would it reduce the freeze rate (by a very small amount I agree) by having the option Spend between X and Y in each shop that way randomizing the amount of time per shop, because If they can track it it would seem pretty suspect always spending exactly 20mins or 30mins in the shop before changing every time?

You mean like this?

Attached Files

#19 stirlingL

stirlingL
  • 424 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:33 PM

You mean like this?

yeah exactly like that haha. your one step ahead of me! currently abrosia doesnt do it and im sure it would look a bit suspect day in day out being in a shop for exactly 20mins then swapping over!

also Im at work so cant check the rest of the thread but if no ones suggested it.. igloo auto cut out after 10 items.

#20 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:38 PM

Im not sure the exact coding in Abrosia, but i dont think it is exactly 20:00.00 minutes xD It would be something 20:03.43 or something like that, it wouldnt be so close.

The igloo cutout time would ofcourse be included.

#21 stirlingL

stirlingL
  • 424 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:45 PM

awesome thanks mate

#22 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:00 AM

I so hope you'll still keep the CLI even if a GUI is in the works ;-;

#23 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:57 AM

Can this be confirmed and backed-up with data that a shop will restock faster if its empty?
And thats not something Abrosia specific but PM specific.

Well a shop doesn't restock at all if there's 24 items in there and naturally it's going to restock fewer items if there's close to 24 items in there so I'm not sure you really need the data to back it up (also, if we don't have the data then probably nobody has such data :p).

I'm guessing people would also want to be able to specify individual lists for each shop they're restocking in and perhaps a list to exclude items they don't want to buy? Also, maybe a maximum profit setting to go with the minimum profit setting for people who don't want to buy high profile, high profit items?

#24 Trey

Trey
  • 364 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:30 AM

1) An option to prioritize lower profit items would be good. Currently Abrosia goes for the highest profit item first, and if it is sold out, then to the next highest profit, etc. But if you have a slow connection/long buy time (due to fear of being frozen), you tend to just miss all of them. You would have a better chance targeting low profit items immediately instead of wasting time fighting for the high profit items that you probably won't get anyway.

2) Allow users to set the max number of items in a shop before switching to another shop. Currently there is an option to switch shops if there are 23 items or more, but I personally think that is too high.

3) I'm not sure if a list of people in the shop is a good idea, or even the precise number of people refreshing. That raises privacy concerns and gives TNT valuable information that can be used to freeze users. For example, if TNT knows that there are X number of people refreshing at shop Y, and Abrosia reports that that exact same number of people are AB'ing at the shop, then TNT will know that all those people are cheaters.

Edited by Trey, 07 May 2013 - 03:43 AM.

#25 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:41 AM

1) An option to prioritize lower profit items would be good. Currently Abrosia goes for the highest profit item first, and if it is sold out, then to the next highest profit, etc. But if you have a slow connection/long buy time (due to fear of being frozen), you tend to just miss all of them. You would have a better chance targeting low profit items immediately instead of wasting time fighting for the high profit items that you probably won't get anyway.

One problem I can foresee with that is that the program would have to look at every item in the shop and their relative profits before deciding which one to try to buy whereas now it's just a process of sorting them by profit and going for the first one on the list. That would definitely slow down the buying process slightly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users