Photo

Icy theories

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 legacycm

legacycm
  • 82 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:01 PM

My theory on how people are iced for high risk shops (Stamps, magic etc) goes along the lines of predictability. If Abrosia is set to...say 8.0-9.0 refresh times, their systems would flag that. If they dfetect the same patterns the next day, that is probably how you will get iced. I think the best way to avoid an icing is to make your timings have a larger range...maybe from 5.0-10.0 refresh etc. and to AB for random periods of times...maybe 2 hours the first, 6 hours the next, 3 hours the next etc. etc.

​Tell me your thoughts:)

#2 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:12 PM

Hmmm. Your theory is as valid as anyone else's educated guess. 

However, I'm not fully convinced until you isolate the refresh times from the high risk shops. People get frozen (possibly even at random) for the sole fact that they go into high risk shops. I want the refresh rate hypothesis to be tested out in shops lower risk shops like books and see if that makes a difference.

It's just a hunch, but I feel like TNT freezes accounts in high risk shops on a personal observation basis where correlate refresh times with frequency of attendance. If it matter to pique your interest, I found that my previous accounts were frozen in stamps (they mostly got frozen for being found out that I'm not the original owner)  until about over a year because my refresh rate and buy times were insanely low however I have low frequencies in that shop. I guess when restocks occur and then turn on my ABer frequency for 2 minutes at max.   

#3 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

Hmmm. Your theory is as valid as anyone else's educated guess. 

However, I'm not fully convinced until you isolate the refresh times from the high risk shops. People get frozen (possibly even at random) for the sole fact that they go into high risk shops. I want the refresh rate hypothesis to be tested out in shops lower risk shops like books and see if that makes a difference.

It's just a hunch, but I feel like TNT freezes accounts in high risk shops on a personal observation basis where correlate refresh times with frequency of attendance. If it matter to pique your interest, I found that my previous accounts were frozen in stamps (they mostly got frozen for being found out that I'm not the original owner)  until about over a year because my refresh rate and buy times were insanely low however I have low frequencies in that shop. I guess when restocks occur and then turn on my ABer frequency for 2 minutes at max.   

I do books personally and my refresh rate is 1.2-3.4 seconds. 8 hours a day. 7 months and counting...

#4 Trey

Trey
  • 364 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:21 PM

I think account age might have something to do with it. I used to AB in Magic and Stamps almost exclusively on an aged account (~10 to 12 years), and nothing happened to me. It was my main so I didn't have to transfer anything to other accounts. I also ABed on a shell with a shorter age (~2 to 3 years), but mainly in lower risk shops, and I transferred the profits to my main once every month or so. 

IMO you have a much higher chance of getting frozen if you AB using young accounts. It's fishy for some newbie account to pop up and suddenly become a wiz at RSing and amass millions of NP in just a few months.

#5 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:23 PM

I do books personally and my refresh rate is 1.2-3.4 seconds. 8 hours a day. 7 months and counting...

Want to try only a second difference between the maximum and minimum refresh time in reference to legacycm's hunch?

#6 legacycm

legacycm
  • 82 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

Want to try only a second difference between the maximum and minimum refresh time in reference to legacycm's hunch?

Hasn't been iced yet, so it's hard to tell...unless if the refresh time is changed he gets iced the next day :o

#7 Tubbz

Tubbz
  • The High Fairy of Priestessvil.

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:48 AM

My theory for icing involves a random number generator on anyone who buys anything with profit over 1mil. 

Everyone who buys any high end MP gets put into a draw and 20 get banned each day. 

#8 legacycm

legacycm
  • 82 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:36 AM

My theory for icing involves a random number generator on anyone who buys anything with profit over 1mil. 

Everyone who buys any high end MP gets put into a draw and 20 get banned each day. 

That really doesn't make much sense, seeing as I've only been ABing in the food store (1) and have been banned previously on one of my shells for doing so. Nowhere in there have I seen any items over 1m...

#9 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:44 AM

That really doesn't make much sense, seeing as I've only been ABing in the food store (1) and have been banned previously on one of my shells for doing so. Nowhere in there have I seen any items over 1m...

joke_over_head-%28n1297144930266%29-%28n

#10 Tubbz

Tubbz

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:33 PM

You know if you complete your Lutari talisman, TNT aren't allowed to freeze you, right? 

#11 Amie

Amie
  • 226 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:53 PM

I think account age might have something to do with it. I used to AB in Magic and Stamps almost exclusively on an aged account (~10 to 12 years), and nothing happened to me. It was my main so I didn't have to transfer anything to other accounts. I also ABed on a shell with a shorter age (~2 to 3 years), but mainly in lower risk shops, and I transferred the profits to my main once every month or so. 

IMO you have a much higher chance of getting frozen if you AB using young accounts. It's fishy for some newbie account to pop up and suddenly become a wiz at RSing and amass millions of NP in just a few months.

^This.

When I AB/AoB on my main, taking risks has much less chance of getting me frozen. Maybe TNT value their old players.

#12 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:33 AM

Try not to use any obvious patterns, and switch shops once a while maybe?

#13 Kono

Kono
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

I don't like to dabble in AB'ing theories but I believe that if the amount of items you AB has an above average rarity percentage( say like 85% of your items are R95+) then TNT would review your account whereas if you maintained a low percentage of items (say like 3% of items are R95%) then your account wouldn't review your account. If your account were to be reviewed, it would be reviewed based off of things like time spent in shop, buying speed, age, ABing time...etc. Which is why ABing in Magic and Stamps seems more ban happy due to the large amount of R90+ stuff restocking.

But I'm more than likely wrong.

#14 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:12 PM

My theory is as follows:

TNT tracks simple things such as your refresh time and frequency. They look for variation more than consistency. I know that on my accounts that habit Stamps that my refresh rates are 4.9-5.2 because I try and manually refresh every 5 seconds.

I am pretty sure they track the rarity of the items you're buying, if you buy too many high rarity items in X amount of time or it may be X amount of buys they red flag you for closer inspection.

The amount of time you actually spend doing it doesn't seem to matter at all. I've had some accounts go for several months 24 hours a day and never had a thing happen.

#15 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:18 AM

My theory is as follows:

TNT tracks simple things such as your refresh time and frequency. They look for variation more than consistency. I know that on my accounts that habit Stamps that my refresh rates are 4.9-5.2 because I try and manually refresh every 5 seconds.

I am pretty sure they track the rarity of the items you're buying, if you buy too many high rarity items in X amount of time or it may be X amount of buys they red flag you for closer inspection.

The amount of time you actually spend doing it doesn't seem to matter at all. I've had some accounts go for several months 24 hours a day and never had a thing happen.

So you have abed 24/7 and not get frozen? That's impressive.

Edited by jinq, 28 September 2013 - 05:19 AM.

#16 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:33 AM

So you have abed 24/7 and not get frozen? That's impressive.

They got frozen but not for months. Which leads me to believe it was not from the amount of time spent refreshing. That could have changed in the last year or so though.

#17 highlow65

highlow65
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:34 AM

I haven't been iced but got ab blocked all the time while only playing for 30 mins or so at at time

#18 Amie

Amie
  • 226 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:42 AM

I haven't been iced but got ab blocked all the time while only playing for 30 mins or so at at time

Uh, I presume you mean RS banned? As far as I know, those are random.

#19 4noreason

4noreason
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:19 PM

I Imo, it has more to do with the people reporting to neopets team when they see someone consistently selling away high profit items through trading post and auction house.

Because i abed for a long period every day around the same time. If this will flag my account, I would be iced 100times already.

#20 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:52 AM

I Imo, it has more to do with the people reporting to neopets team when they see someone consistently selling away high profit items through trading post and auction house.

Because i abed for a long period every day around the same time. If this will flag my account, I would be iced 100times already.

Nah, I got frozen for abing in magic even though I never put the items on tp.

#21 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:02 AM

There's probs someone from TNT reading this right now and saying, "HAHHAHHA They have no FUCKING clue it's all random"

#22 Faintingcow

Faintingcow
  • Uncle Fancypants

• 199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:00 PM

I autobuy magic, I've gotten 14 morphing potions in one night, and I havent been frozen for about 4-5 months on this account, I did it for a year before that with no icing, but as soon as I sped up my times, week later I was iced.

#23 Tubbz

Tubbz

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

I autobuy magic, I've gotten 14 morphing potions in one night, and I havent been frozen for about 4-5 months on this account, I did it for a year before that with no icing, but as soon as I sped up my times, week later I was iced.

That sounds reasonable. 

You constantly buy something in between 5-7 seconds, now all of a sudden you can do it in 3-5? 

Sounds slightly fishy (I suppose you could put it down to upgraded net connection, but TNT doesn't like logic)

#24 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:27 AM

I guess if you want to ab magic, better to it on a shell and transfer the items over to another account and don't do it too often. Abing magic is just a random freezing generator for tnt.

#25 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:34 AM

I would think the transferring would get you iced quicker than the buying would.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users