Quantcast

Why being a Moderator on a Neopets cheating forum is HARD sometimes.

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#26 Florg

Florg
  • 711 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:31 PM

I, for once, feel confident in the ability of the current mods.

I will admit previous mods I felt were...well...trolls and extremely rude. It discouraged me from ever posting because I just didn't even want to get involved in the possible drama that might ensue.

I'm glad you posted this although I never questioned your ability to be unbiased because you frequently tell me when I'm being an ignorant dumbass and am wrong. :p

<3

Edited by Florg, 06 November 2013 - 03:33 PM.

#27 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:32 PM

OMG, if I lose my job, how am I going to pay for rent and to feed my 87 cats? I don't want to resort to cat cannibalism like last time.

lol, jk we don't get paid. We do get paid in being locked up in dank cellars and the occasional pizza party on a yacht. 

The "pizza" is uneaten crust thrown to us through the only entrance (a small hole) to the cellars. Not complaining. It tastes amazing!

#28 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:39 PM

The "pizza" is uneaten crust thrown to us through the only entrance (a small hole) to the cellars. Not complaining. It tastes amazing!

And by 'crust' you mean Strat's excrement. 

#29 Guest_Sarah_*

Guest_Sarah_*

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:41 PM

I wanted to rep this but I ran out repping my warning posts D:

Anyway, don't worry about what other people think or say, do what you gotta do and what you were chosen to do. It doesn't bother me a bit that you gave me the warning, if you're the one to ever ban me I'd still love you 

#30 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:42 PM

I'm sure being a moderater is hard anywhere. Most of the times, things aren't black and white. However, I believe you guys are doing a good job by talking to other mods before making decisions unlike some places that use bots to freeze/warn people and then never answer their questions.

#31 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:44 PM

Why do I always get dragged into the filthy stuff? ALWAYS! Gosh!

#32 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:45 PM

simply epic

this entire thread is epic as hell

#33 Nalah

Nalah
  • Can't hug every cat

• 555 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:47 PM

member elected modship wud be sick too .. cuz typically the type that wanna be mods make the worse mods. might as well elect em in

That usually ends up in a popularity contest though...unless you had the other members of the team having a weightier vote...

Besides that, I don't really see why people get so angry when someone does their job the best they can. If you don't like it, click the little red X in the corner of your screen, and draw your feelings in paint or something until you calm down. 

#34 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:47 PM

Why do I always get dragged into the filthy stuff? ALWAYS! Gosh!

its because nearly everyone on this site is a horny 2 year old and the only thing they can think of is sex. haven't you noticed?

#35 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:04 PM

Haha moderating a bunch of prima donnas and teenage neopets cheaters isn't hard. Walk a day in my shoes and you'll find out what hard really is.
Just realised you warned me. HOW DARE YOU?

Hahaha

#36 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:26 PM

its because nearly everyone on this site is a horny 2 year old and the only thing they can think of is sex. haven't you noticed?

You just described my entire life.

#37 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:27 PM

Haha moderating a bunch of prima donnas and teenage neopets cheaters isn't hard. Walk a day in my shoes and you'll find out what hard really is.
Just realised you warned me. HOW DARE YOU?

Hahaha

I said sometimes, geeeez.
Also I think you're used to getting warnings by now, you take it like a champ. :p

click the little red X in the corner of your screen, and draw your feelings in paint or something until you calm down. 

I laughed at this way more than I should have. 
Probably because I pictured grown adults sobbing while they finger painted sad faced rain clouds. 

#38 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:37 PM

Probably because I never get any sexual advances from said horny 2yo's :/ I'm feeling left out.

#39 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:41 PM

Probably because I never get any sexual advances from said horny 2yo's :/ I'm feeling left out.

Hey baby, how you doin?

#40 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:55 PM

I said sometimes, geeeez.
Also I think you're used to getting warnings by now, you take it like a champ. :p

I think me, Cody and xenocyde have the longest warn logs on codex. In fact I still have two warns from January...

#41 Nalah

Nalah
  • Can't hug every cat

• 555 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:57 PM

I laughed at this way more than I should have. 

Probably because I pictured grown adults sobbing while they finger painted sad faced rain clouds. 

To be honest, I pictured it more like this:

Spoiler

But that would be kind of funny xD Sad clouds, raining all over people's day.

#42 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:04 PM

To be honest, I pictured it more like this:
But that would be kind of funny xD Sad clouds, raining all over people's day.

i pictured it like this:

Edited by Napiform, 06 November 2013 - 06:05 PM.

#43 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:57 PM

I will admit previous mods I felt were...well...trolls and extremely rude. It discouraged me from ever posting because I just didn't even want to get involved in the possible drama that might ensue.

COUGHSWEENEYCOUGH

(In all seriousness though he was a good mod except for the mail reading)

In other news, I don't think I've ever had a problem with the people that have been elected mod at the time they were chosen at least.

I think Kate, Keil, Adam, Bog and Strat have been the best choices thus far however.

Edited by Ivysaur, 06 November 2013 - 10:59 PM.

#44 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:02 PM

I think Kate, Keil, Adam, Bog and Strat have been the best choices thus far however.

There's hardly even been anything for Keil or Adam to prove that they're competent mods yet.

#45 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:48 PM

If you don't like it, click the little red X in the corner of your screen, and draw your feelings in paint or something until you calm down. 

vcv2.png

Edited by Syntax, 06 November 2013 - 11:49 PM.

#46 Nalah

Nalah
  • Can't hug every cat

• 555 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:21 AM

Spoiler

That just made my night xD Please tell me you drew it yourself and everything! 

#47 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:35 AM

That just made my night xD Please tell me you drew it yourself and everything! 

I was so upset at the mods that I took your advice and drew in paint. Totally unrelated to Kate's imagination by the way.

Edited by Syntax, 07 November 2013 - 03:40 AM.

#48 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:00 AM

You just described my entire life.

5bem4.gif

#49 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:01 AM

5bem4.gif

This is what my nightmares are made of :(

#50 Florg

Florg
  • 711 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:33 AM

COUGHSWEENEYCOUGH

(In all seriousness though he was a good mod except for the mail reading)

In other news, I don't think I've ever had a problem with the people that have been elected mod at the time they were chosen at least.

He may have been but I lurked here for at least 3 years before creating a new account and posting for the first time and I've openly said it was because of Sweeney that I never wanted to post and join the community to begin with. (This was prior to him being a mod)

Because it seemed like, without knowing anyone here, he trolled everyone and started arguments all the time and made it a point to tell everyone how much smarter he was.

He may have been a good mod but I doubt I'm the only person who steered clear of any thread he'd commented on because I just didn't want to deal with that crap. :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users