• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:37 AM

I pretty much hate Christmas and think we should skip from Thanksgiving to New Year's, so I'm starting this up early.

Last year's thread is found here

Here were my resolutions:

I'm doing a 52 books in 52 weeks thing too. I'm 6/52 so far, but I know I'll read less in certain months. I also want to look good enough to put my belly button ring back in by April. (That's more complicated, but I'm doing pretty well with it.) I'm taking a picture a day and only missed one day so far. Finally, I'm going to send out my Christmas cards. (No progress.) That's all.

I am at 42/52 books. Ten books by the end of the year isn't unrealistic, but I don't think I'll get it done either.

I put my belly button ring back in March 29.

I didn't come close to taking a picture a day. I blame that on my computer/yung.

I haven't touched Christmas cards... for last year OR this year.

OK. Now for 2014!

Looking back, I'm pretty disappointed that 2012 was the best year of my entire life and 2013 sucked ass. For 2014, I'm going to focus on fixing my outlook on life and trying to be a happier person. I miss how nice I used to be and I want to get back to that. I work on a schedule to keep all my house mostly clean instead of just having one spotless room at a time. I want to do a real Whole30. (I did a Whole~13 this year and I felt GREAT, but I didn't have the willpower not to stress eat,)

What did you get done this year? What do you wanna get done next year?

#2 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:57 AM

Really fixed my eating habits, life priorities, and got in shape. In 2014, I want to learn at least 1 programming language fluently, maintain being in shape and build even more, keep healthy relationships with everyone (both online and in real life), and get through college with good grades.

#3 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:04 AM

I don't really do New Years Resolutions.

I have started to drink more water, and plan to continue that into the rest of forever. Cristen and I believe I have probably spent the last twenty years or so in a constant state of dehydration. So we'll see.

I'd also like to get this game into an online-ready state and open up a beta.

#4 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:06 AM

I don't really do New Years Resolutions.

I have started to drink more water, and plan to continue that into the rest of forever. Cristen and I believe I have probably spent the last twenty years or so in a constant state of dehydration. So we'll see.

I'd also like to get this game into an online-ready state and open up a beta.

Are you the only developer on it?

#5 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:08 AM

Are you the only developer on it?

Yuhuh ^_^

#6 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:10 AM

Yuhuh ^_^

Looking forward to testing :D, keep at it.

#7 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:11 AM

I'd like to continue to stay away from cigarettes once my pregnancy is over too, since the last 2 times I went right back to smoking after they were born. 
I'd like to develop a fun, healthy, non-internet related hobby. Knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, painting, idfk. 
Get Chase potty trained, start teaching Braden how to read, and lastly, deliver a happy, healthy baby in 9 months or so. 

#8 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:12 AM

I'd like to continue to stay away from cigarettes once my pregnancy is over too, since the last 2 times I went right back to smoking after they were born.

Look into electronic cigarettes.

#9 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:13 AM

Two girls at the same time

OK, no, not really, there's no chance I could satisfy two women.

I'd like to get in shape, go against the odds and move to the USA to live with my other half, and just have another healthy, happy year.  :funone:

#10 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:14 AM

Actually do my school work on time, and study more. Because I don't do any of that and I need to.

#11 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Look into electronic cigarettes.

My mom ordered me one last night thinking it had to be safe to use during pregnancy. I mean it's the lesser of two evils when compared to regular cigarettes, but I'd prefer neither, so I told her it would be a waste of money for her to buy that for me. Though I might need it after the pregnancy is over. 

#12 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Two girls at the same time

(I haven't decided yet and am reserving this post for when I have decided)

Dan always tryn' 2 b a playa.

My mom ordered me one last night thinking it had to be safe to use during pregnancy. I mean it's the lesser of two evils when compared to regular cigarettes, but I'd prefer neither, so I told her it would be a waste of money for her to buy that for me. Though I might need it after the pregnancy is over. 

Good for you, stopping just cold turkey is hard. But yeah, doing something for 9 months could mess up someone else's entire life.

Edited by L33T, 13 December 2013 - 07:16 AM.

#13 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:30 AM

Yeah, I meant for after. They still contain nicotine, obviously, so they're still not safe for use during pregnancy. Cristen has found them really useful for quitting - we both have refillable ones.

They are a much healthier alternative, and you can adjust the nicotine down over time.

#14 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:35 AM

Yeah, I meant for after. They still contain nicotine, obviously, so they're still not safe for use during pregnancy. Cristen has found them really useful for quitting - we both have refillable ones.

They are a much healthier alternative, and you can adjust the nicotine down over time.

Yeah.. I remember asking Cristen about hers. I'd hope for the price Mom was paying it's a decent quality one, I had one in the past that was a piece of shit. 
Kind of a strange Christmas gift but if they are really helpful with quitting I think it would be useful for me. I just know myself and it's very easy to not smoke while I'm pregnant because of the risks, but afterwards I am pretty sure I will go straight back. 

#15 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:06 AM

Yeah.. I remember asking Cristen about hers. I'd hope for the price Mom was paying it's a decent quality one, I had one in the past that was a piece of shit. 
Kind of a strange Christmas gift but if they are really helpful with quitting I think it would be useful for me. I just know myself and it's very easy to not smoke while I'm pregnant because of the risks, but afterwards I am pretty sure I will go straight back.

Some of the places that sell them will rip you off. Hardcore. But if your Mom did her research, it should be ok :p
Good luck with quitting, anyway ^_^

#16 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:12 AM

I don't really do new years resolutions either but my goal for next year is to enlist into the RAF Regiment, just gotta learn to swim first :/

#17 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:13 AM

I'd like to get in shape, go against the odds and move to the USA to live with my other half, and just have another healthy, happy year.  :funone:

Better get started on that shit now if you hope to fulfill that in 2014 :p

#18 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:15 AM

Well, in our experience Kat has about four weeks to get that petition in :p That's a fair while ^_^

#19 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:18 AM

He will, he will... right after Christmas.

Edited by L33T, 13 December 2013 - 08:18 AM.

#20 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:19 AM

I want to exercise consistently instead of going REALLY intense for 1-2 months then dropping off for weeks, then resuming crazily for a few weeks, then stopping etc. I either go intense or not at all. I wanna try doing 3 good work outs a week instead 6 times a week or 0.

I want to tell people that I appreciate how much they mean to me. I don't say it often enough.

I want to become more of a private person.

I need to stop setting myself up for failure by sabotaging myself when I'm scared (purposefully leaving late for interviews, not calling up follow-ups, purposefully under-study for exams, etc.). At this point I would rather fail not "having trying my best" than fail after actually trying

Why so serious

#21 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:21 AM

Hah! How long did it take you? We're still investigating other options, but I'm hoping we'll still manage to get it all sorted in 2014 :p

I don't really do new years resolutions either but my goal for next year is to enlist into the RAF Regiment, just gotta learn to swim first :/

@Adam
@Futurama

#22 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:21 AM

I want to exercise consistently instead of going REALLY intense for 1-2 months then dropping off for weeks, then resuming crazily for a few weeks, then stopping etc. I either go intense or not at all. I wanna try doing 3 good work outs a week instead 6 times a week or 0.

I want to tell people that I appreciate how much they mean to me. I don't say it often enough.

I want to become more of a private person.

I need to stop setting myself up for failure by sabotaging myself when I'm scared (purposefully leaving late for interviews, not calling up follow-ups, purposefully under-study for exams, etc.). At this point I would rather fail not "having trying my best" than fail after actually trying

Why so serious

Those are good goals, and you can do it :p. The trick is to trick your mind into thinking you don't care, and the things that should mean everything to you, mean nothing. Then you can truly excel. That's what works for me, anyway.

#23 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:27 AM

Hah! How long did it take you? We're still investigating other options, but I'm hoping we'll still manage to get it all sorted in 2014 :p

We submitted the petition to USCIS at the end of January. I got my visa in my hands on the 3rd of December.
Collecting the documents before petitioning can take a while, too, and you need evidence of an ongoing relationship at that point.

#24 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:29 AM

I will write that story for you I promise!  We filed my petition in the end of January, 2013, and he didn't get to come back until the beginning of December.  If everything had gone smoothly it would have taken about 6-8 months, but in the research and reading we have done it is very rare to find a timeline less than 10 months to a year.

#25 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:43 AM

Damn I thought about making this thread today :p

Last year's resolutions for myself since I didn't post in last thread:

Break up with my ex-boyfriend (finally done, lmao)

Graduate successfully in May (done!)

Finish more schooling (one day)

Get an x-ray job (done!)

Better myself each day and get a new hobby (done mostly)

Stop pulling eyelashes (fail)

So.. 4/6 not bad ^_^

This year changed so much for me, I'm hoping next year will be just as amazing.

This new year's resolutions:

Get a job soon after this temporary one is over.

Go see Dan for my birthday.

Get started on visa paperwork and get him out here ASAP! <3

Continue practicing yoga and get better at it, maybe eat healthier (not gonna happen lol)

Stop pulling eyelashes.. maybe this'll be the year :)

Continue trying to better myself each day and be the best I can be. ^_^

I will write that story for you I promise!  We filed my petition in the end of January, 2013, and he didn't get to come back until the beginning of December.  If everything had gone smoothly it would have taken about 6-8 months, but in the research and reading we have done it is very rare to find a timeline less than 10 months to a year.

Did you guys have an immigration lawyer help you through the process? We were considering hiring one.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: merica, new years, fuck christmas, im the grinch, mr grinch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users