Quantcast

Photo

Does everyone who doesn't get Iced use a proxy?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 lunacyxxfringe

lunacyxxfringe
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:55 PM

Like the title says. Just wondering if there's people who play it smart(only AB for a short periods at a time/not too often) and use Abrosia successfully without a proxy without getting iced. And if you guys do use proxys, can you suggest a good one for me :) ? And if I've already logged into my side account and my main on the same IP is there any point in trying to only log in on a proxy on my side from now on or has the connection already been made?

#2 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:19 PM

I use Abrosia on my main, so without a proxy. But if I AB on other accounts I do use a proxy, to separate my main from my shells. It's not smart to AB on multiple accounts without using a proxy, you'll probably get frozen very quickly. 

I use proxys from hidemyass.com. Sometimes I also use Tor browser and Hotspot Shield.

#3 lunacyxxfringe

lunacyxxfringe
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:48 PM

I can't seem to find one that works when I type the IP/port into abrosia. If i only AB on a side shell and its completely different info/email from my main should I worry about having different IPs from my main or they could assume its a bunch of people on LAN?

I was thinking about using only Tor for my main from now on until i read that flash doesn't work on it :(

If I only use AB a little bit mostly under my supervision, it's hardly noticeable as an AB anyways riiight? ahah that's my rationalization and Imma stick to it for now =P

#4 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:03 PM

I've never used a proxy for my accounts and I've moved several times both in Hawaii and Arizona and still no icing.

Probably a bit of luck and TNT just being bad at their job.

#5 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:29 PM

you need to keep searching for the one that works, i guess. it's frustrating. i have to keep changing the ip everytime i wanna AB in my cheating account coz they don't work too. plus, they're so slooowwwww.

i recommend buying a private proxy, although i've no experience with any of those.

#6 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:46 AM

Back when I used to AB I did it all from my main with no proxy.  I would stick to one shop for short periods and then change to other periodicly.  I also priced my shop myself rather than used the software.  My main shop would be furni changing to magic and stamp through out the day.  I would run the programme for 6-8 hours but taking 20 min breaks through out the day to do mundane things on neo like frees and posting on boards.

#7 Kau

Kau
  • 261 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:52 AM

I would use a proxy only if I wanted to AB on multiple accounts.
& my location has minimal proxies available

#8 Tubbz

Tubbz
  • The High Fairy of Priestessvil.

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:46 AM

You don't need a proxy if you're only running one account. It does seem that if you cheated from an IP address previously, it tends to be easier to get frozen a second time around.

#9 Dance

Dance
  • 106 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:18 AM

The main thing to know is that a proxy won't stop you getting frozen, but you're much less likely to get chain iced if you use the same IP. How long have you been using the same IP on the side? If it's only a little while it could appear as if you both happened to use the same Starbucks wifi or somat. I'd recommend making another shell if you've been using the same ip for a while. 

#10 Florg

Florg
  • 711 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:35 AM

I've never used a proxy, only used my main. Never use shells.

Never gotten caught autobuying. Ever.

#11 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:20 AM

I've been ABing in more than one account, main included for more than 5 years (sometimes I even AB in several accounts in the same day). 

Don't use proxies (proxys? I don't even know lol) and I stopped being frozen since the day I started cheating.

I believe it's about cheating smart without the need to use proxies/ys VS use proxies/ys and do risky, dumb things just because you think you're safe.

As long as you cheat smart, you'll be -kinda- okay.  :ph34r:

#12 Jarst

Jarst
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:33 AM

The only way you're gonna get frozen is if you do it one multiple accounts like everyone has been saying

#13 Florg

Florg
  • 711 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:00 AM

I believe it's about cheating smart without the need to use proxies/ys VS use proxies/ys and do risky, dumb things just because you think you're safe.

As long as you cheat smart, you'll be -kinda- okay.  :ph34r:

Agreed. Being smart about it is the best thing you can do.

It's when you start to get greedy or say "Hey, I've been doing this awhile, I can start lowering my buy times".

I go through periods where I won't AB for days or even a week. Some days I do it for 30 minutes, others 2 hours.

You have to make it appear "real". Unless you're extremely active on site (chatting, trading, etc.) there's very little chance that you would really spend 2 hours+ a day, every single day, restocking.

On top of that; why spend all that time making money and not investing it into a gallery, customizing your pets, battledome (and actually battle regularly), etc.

There are guilds dedicated to stalking auctions / trades, they monitor what items restock in the Attic (as well as big ticket items in popular shops like Stamp) and then monitor trades and auctions to see which accounts got those items. They keep records (extensive records) of "shell accounts" that are selling attic items, gather the data for a week or more and then report those accounts.

The real kicker, most of those people doing this cheat themselves. They're just trying to compensate for it to appear "more legit" (if that's even a real term).

(Just my opinion)

Edited by Florg, 18 February 2014 - 08:03 AM.

#14 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:04 AM

There are guilds dedicated to stalking auctions / trades, they monitor what items restock in the Attic and then monitor trades and auctions to see which accounts got those items. They keep records (extensive records) of "shell accounts" that are selling attic items, gather the data for a week or more and then report those accounts.

The real kicker, most of those people doing this cheat themselves. They're just trying to compensate for it to appear "more legit" (if that's even a real term).

(Just my opinion)

are you in one of those said guilds? this is news to me. those guilds sound fun lol. :p

p/s: i like your avatar! :wub:

#15 lunacyxxfringe

lunacyxxfringe
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:03 PM

Thanks for all the info everyone but now I'm wondering, even if you use a proxy you're still transferring the ABed items over to your main somehow, right? Do you just put up a trade and let it age a bit before offering on your main so it doesn't seem so suspicious?

or sell everything on the shell AB account and then bid on an auction your main posted?

#16 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:28 PM

Thanks for all the info everyone but now I'm wondering, even if you use a proxy you're still transferring the ABed items over to your main somehow, right? Do you just put up a trade and let it age a bit before offering on your main so it doesn't seem so suspicious?

or sell everything on the shell AB account and then bid on an auction your main posted?

I stay away from auctions. I think it's riskier because you're more exposed.

I only use trades, and I never got any trouble.

I think it's the "safest" way to transfer wealth, if -again- you're smart about it.

It'd be very suspicious if you put a rotten old shoe in trades and the next second a ~slightly~ suspicious account makes a 800k + *insert here several UBs of your choice* offer, AND seconds later you accept it, right? Right!

When I want to tranfer small things, like buyable PB/MP, nerkmids, lab map pieces, NP up to 800K, etc, I use the "single trade system".

First, don't use junk to do the trades.

A PB or MP or anything else with actually some kind of value is, by far, the best choice.

Yes, this is probable to atract some undesirable offers, BUT that's part of the act...

Then you go and make the offer from your shell. If you accept it right away on your main or not, it's up to you.

Usually, I like to let it sit there for a couple of days, especially if there are offers from other users. Make them believe I am actually considering their offer. :p

When I need to make larger transfers, I use the same system but with more trades (and, sadly I have to admit, sometimes using the risky junk items).

Just like the "single trade" I like to accept my own offers along a couple of days. Since it's several trades I always feel like the % of risk is much higher and I don't want to draw any suspicion.

Of course, it helps a lot if your shells looks legit: Pets, Collections, Game Trophies, etc.

For instance, most of my shells are my "neofriends" and I have funny talks with myself every once in a while through NM. :rolleyes:

Some people say it's a lot of trouble (it isn't).

I say I don't spend more than half hour everyday on Neopets, because I cheat and a program have all the hard work for me making me neorich. So, I'm happy. :wub:

I go through periods where I won't AB for days or even a week. Some days I do it for 30 minutes, others 2 hours.

You have to make it appear "real". Unless you're extremely active on site (chatting, trading, etc.) there's very little chance that you would really spend 2 hours+ a day, every single day, restocking.

On top of that; why spend all that time making money and not investing it into a gallery, customizing your pets, battledome (and actually battle regularly), etc.

All this is me. 100%.

If anyone take a look at ANY of my shells, everyone would say it's a legit main. Shops, galleries, pets, game trophies,etc.

And the AB schedule too.

All this, so far, it has proven to be the perfect method.

#17 Florg

Florg
  • 711 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:49 PM

I think it's the "safest" way to transfer wealth, if -again- you're smart about it.

It'd be very suspicious if you put a rotten old shoe in trades and the next second a ~slightly~ suspicious account makes a 800k + *insert here several UBs of your choice* offer, AND seconds later you accept it, right? Right!

When I want to tranfer small things, like buyable PB/MP, nerkmids, lab map pieces, NP up to 800K, etc, I use the "single trade system".

A PB or MP or anything else with actually some kind of value is, by far, the best choice.

Yes, this is probable to atract some undesirable offers, BUT that's part of the act...

Then you go and make the offer from your shell. If you accept it right away on your main or not, it's up to you.

Usually, I like to let it sit there for a couple of days, especially if there are offers from other users. Make them believe I am actually considering their offer. :p

When I need to make larger transfers, I use the same system but with more trades (and, sadly I have to admit, sometimes using the risky junk items).

Just like the "single trade" I like to accept my own offers along a couple of days. Since it's several trades I always feel like the % of risk is much higher and I don't want to draw any suspicion.

Of course, it helps a lot if your shells looks legit: Pets, Collections, Game Trophies, etc.

For instance, most of my shells are my "neofriends" and I have funny talks with myself every once in a while through NM. :rolleyes:

I say I don't spend more than half hour everyday on Neopets, because I cheat and a program have all the hard work for me making me neorich. So, I'm happy. :wub:

All this is me. 100%.

If anyone take a look at ANY of my shells, everyone would say it's a legit main. Shops, galleries, pets, game trophies,etc.

And the AB schedule too.

Completely agree with you.

I've been AB'ing for years and have never once gotten caught. Ever.

If you want to be safe, be smart.

#18 lunacyxxfringe

lunacyxxfringe
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:57 AM

OMG just donated Uni and the Uniocto by mistake aagghhh!!#@!@#!@ i hate my life

#19 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:50 AM

All this is me. 100%.

And the AB schedule too.

You have a good strategy!

I also talk with myself sometimes, I really feel like a fool then lol.

#20 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:41 PM

I just got frozen for abing recently because I switched to stamps, using the same settings that didn't get me frozen for a few months in other shops. The day before I got chain frozen, I used junkish trades to transfer np and some ubs to my main. I don't use proxies for either shells or mains.

Gifted some expensive items to a side before the freezing, items are still intact.

Transfer a bunch of stuff from my ab shells as well from trades in december 2012. Shells got frozen the next day but nothing happened to the abed items.

Edited by jinq, 20 February 2014 - 07:43 PM.

#21 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:10 PM

You have it backwards, people use proxies because they want to get frozen.

#22 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:37 PM

It's empirical evidence.

#23 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:23 PM

I have 3 ips and my ~30 accounts are (almost) evenly split between them.

I've had 4 iced accounts.

1 for 'my protection' (leaving aaa running for days cause i forgot + making MASSIVE trades with previously flagged person)

1 for 'scamming' (thanks @Cyo)

and 2 for 'using an account that was previously inactive' (both gifts)

You do the math.

#24 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:30 PM

No.

#25 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:31 PM

I have 3 ips and my ~30 accounts are (almost) evenly split between them.

I've had 4 iced accounts.

1 for 'my protection' (leaving aaa running for days cause i forgot + making MASSIVE trades with previously flagged person)

1 for 'scamming' (thanks @Cyo)

and 2 for 'using an account that was previously inactive' (both gifts)

You do the math.

Cause I can't! Iahahahaha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users