• Please log in to reply
872 replies to this topic

#701 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:20 PM

Electron guns are fixed.

I can make the Scat Sculpture a wearable, I guess xD Just sitting on the floor by your feet :p
And I clearly need to add an "Out of Stock" message xD (Done)

#702 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:00 PM

How are you planning to work around the Power Creep issue?

#703 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:20 PM

How are you planning to work around the Power Creep issue?

Power gains are linear, not exponential. There is no power creep issue.

Is anyone having issues with their equipped gear disappearing? I feel like I am, but I'm never sure if I just unequipped it, or equipped it on my local version of the game... or something xD

#704 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:13 PM

Yet. I'm not saying there's one at the moment, but the structure of the game makes it look like there's one in the future. Besides, linear power gain can most certainly create a power creep with enough time.

#705 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:14 PM

Is anyone having issues with their equipped gear disappearing? I feel like I am, but I'm never sure if I just unequipped it, or equipped it on my local version of the game... or something xD

wearable items? My stuff has disappeared a few times and I've had to re-add it. Not sure if I was doing something to cause this or not.

#706 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:18 PM

Yet. I'm not saying there's one at the moment, but the structure of the game makes it look like there's one in the future. Besides, linear power gain can most certainly create a power creep with enough time.

Can you explain why power creep is a problem in a game with no PVP?

wearable items? My stuff has disappeared a few times and I've had to re-add it. Not sure if I was doing something to cause this or not.

Yeah, it's weird =/ I'm assuming it has something to do with me updating the item stats table. Have to see if it happens again.

I'm having some huge problems with palette mixing in the avatar generator right now. Gonna have to look into it tomorrow, because it's gone midnight here :p Salon should go live then.

#707 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:12 PM

Oh my word. I'll just leave this here...

blackface_zpsfd500097.png

#708 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:40 AM

Well then! :o What do the Asian avatars look like?

Also, I feel like I'm the only one who can't get this damn code for the vending machine :(

#709 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:50 AM

Also, I feel like I'm the only one who can't get this damn code for the vending machine :(

Lol, no you're not.. orz

#710 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:49 AM

Can you explain why power creep is a problem in a game with no PVP?

Aren't you planning to add PVP at some point?

#711 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:06 AM

Aren't you planning to add PVP at some point?

No direct PVP, and the indirect competition will be level limited anyway.

It's not that bad xD

After a brief period where everyone looked like me, I have fixed the image generator. No palette problems, fully customisable hair and skin :)

#712 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:11 AM

If you'd like I can rework the faces for each skin tone so the coloring seems a little more natural.

#713 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:28 AM

If you'd like I can rework the faces for each skin tone so the coloring seems a little more natural.

What I'd actually like to have is the shadows for the faces on the skin images, rather than the face images, and then the faces can be overlaid without the colouring problem :p That means we wouldn't have to make seven versions of each face -_-

Do you want to take a crack at that?

#714 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:45 AM

What I'd actually like to have is the shadows for the faces on the skin images, rather than the face images, and then the faces can be overlaid without the colouring problem :p That means we wouldn't have to make seven versions of each face -_-

Do you want to take a crack at that?

Hmm, I'm not sure exactly what you mean by shadows.

#715 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:52 AM

Hmm, I'm not sure exactly what you mean by shadows.

That's alright, I'll see if I can get it done myself ^^

Also, @Bone, you might want to check your Scat Sculpture :)

#716 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:58 AM

Also, @Bone, you might want to check your Scat Sculpture :)

Iconic.

#717 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:59 AM

I think I understand what you mean, but it will be the same amount of work on my end no matter what. I can give you a transparent "face" that's really just the eyebrows, top part of the eyes, and outline of the nose and then add shading for the under-eye, nose, and lips to the base skin images. However, that's going to make it harder to implement additional faces later on. The alternative is individual face masks.

#718 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:25 AM

I think I understand what you mean, but it will be the same amount of work on my end no matter what. I can give you a transparent "face" that's really just the eyebrows, top part of the eyes, and outline of the nose and then add shading for the under-eye, nose, and lips to the base skin images. However, that's going to make it harder to implement additional faces later on. The alternative is individual face masks.

That is kind of what I meant, yeah.

I've had a better idea, though. I'm using PNG files for the avatar images now, not GIFs, so they can have semitransparent sections. It should be possible, therefore, to make lighter areas a semitransparent white, and darker areas a semitransparent black, instead of having a set colour on the face mask.

Semitransparency added. I think it looks a lot better ^_^

#719 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:38 AM

That is kind of what I meant, yeah.

I've had a better idea, though. I'm using PNG files for the avatar images now, not GIFs, so they can have semitransparent sections. It should be possible, therefore, to make lighter areas a semitransparent white, and darker areas a semitransparent black, instead of having a set colour on the face mask.

Semitransparency added. I think it looks a lot better ^_^

That works. The shading does look a little grey on the lighter skin tones, though. I think that would be remedied by making the semitransparent areas of the eyes and nose brown instead of black.

#720 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:04 AM

That works. The shading does look a little grey on the lighter skin tones, though. I think that would be remedied by making the semitransparent areas of the eyes and nose brown instead of black.

Yeah, I can mess with it ^_^

Adverts should be going live on the site within the next 24 hours.

#721 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:49 AM

When can we be expecting newer weapons and/or more crafting items? I have so much junk in my storage that I'm hoarding because I don't know when it will become useful :p

#722 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:53 AM

When can we be expecting newer weapons and/or more crafting items? I have so much junk in my storage that I'm hoarding because I don't know when it will become useful :p

I'm going to add some this afternoon and this evening :) I need to figure out why the customisation items keep moving back into people's inventories xD

Wait, never mind, I just figured it out. And fixed it.

Whenever someone was equipping an item, it was unequipping items of that type that they already had equipped. Except, instead of just unequipping their items, it was unequipping everyone's.

So whenever I put on my background, it removed everyone else's, for example xD

I am pro coder.

#723 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:42 AM

I tried out the Salon just now and it's somewhat confusing that when I preview a look and then click "purchase" it buys the default look.

Wish I had more stuff for customization..

#724 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:59 AM

I tried out the Salon just now and it's somewhat confusing that when I preview a look and then click "purchase" it buys the default look.

Wish I had more stuff for customization..

If you click purchase without selecting anything, it doesn't buy anything. I'm going to set it up to keep your selections through page reloads.

And done, in an obscenely hamfisted manner. I'll come back to streamline that another time xD

#725 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:03 PM

Have you made it more rare for the Pit Demon to show up, or is it because there are new enemies that he shows up less? I've been farming steaks and only saw him once in about 25 battles when I would see him roughly ever 8 or so battles before the new enemies.

Also are you at some point going to have the enemies heal during battle? That would make it more interesting down the road.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users