• Please log in to reply
685 replies to this topic

#1 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:04 AM

2jd0xe8.jpg

Welcome to the First Annual NeoCodex Biggest Loser Competition.

The purpose of this competition is for a group of us to get together for a friendly competition in weight loss. We are here to encourage each other, post work out routines, meal plans, give advice, ask questions, ect. Please follow this thread for continued updates and notifications of others' posts.

We also encourage those of you who are not entering the competition to come and offer support and encouragement to your friends/members (this is huge and means a lot to people who struggle with weight)

Length: 12 weeks

Starting: April 21st, 2014

Ending: July 13th, 2014

Sign-Ups: April 14 - April 20.

Sign-Ups: Please PM me (Rocket) to sign up, you have until April 20th to do so. Title your PM "Biggest Loser" and please KEEP this PM as you will be using it to correspond with me each week. You have from NOW until Midnight (PST/NST) the 20th to send me your stats.

What Info do I give?: 

Weight: To keep this competition as accurate as possible without having people "cheat" I am requiring that you take a picture of you standing on the scale and a piece of paper with your name (I don't need full body, just the numbers). You are free to discuss alternate options via PM (I will accept text messages and KIK messages). I'm in MURICA so please convert to LBS (pounds).

Measurements: This is OPTIONAL but in my experience it's a great thing to keep track of as your weight may not be going down as much as you like, but you are losing inches. (MURICA needs INCHES) I'm asking for only Chest/Waist/Hips (see spoiler)

Spoiler

Competitors!

nwey61.jpg

PRIZES!

Spoiler

WEEKLY RESULTS

Spoiler

FAQ's

Spoiler

Resources:

Spoiler

Edited by Rocket, 16 July 2014 - 07:36 AM.

#2 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:06 AM

Great job, Rocket for setting this up!

I'm going to sign up as soon I get to my room and quietly sob at my nonexistent masculinity while measuring the effeminate proportions, especially my "fertile birthing hips". 

#3 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:08 AM

Great job, Rocket for setting this up!

I'm going to sign up as soon I get to my room and quietly sob at my nonexistent masculinity while measuring the effeminate proportions, especially my "fertile birthing hips". 

Don't get me started on birthing hips *glares at own*. I suppose mine are at least capable of birthing but still.

I shall be spending the next 12 weeks as Head Cheerleader. *breaks out pompoms* Woo, go weight-losers, healthy body healthy mind, you can do it!

#4 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:11 AM

Good luck everyone! :D Excited to watch you guys kick some ass and drop(kick) some weight like a mothafucka.

#5 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:24 AM

OMG I'm so joining this... The only problem I think I'll really have is trying to plan meals properly and healthy -.-

I either run out of ideas or the food isn't available or shit ,-,

Will we have a type of meal plan given out to use? I hope so :3 lol

#6 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:26 AM

OMG I'm so joining this... The only problem I think I'll really have is trying to plan meals properly and healthy -.-

Think everyone is going to post up ideas of recipes and the like, I'll certainly type up a few things. I find the easiest thing to do is to mostly plan my meals when I do my weekly shop, stops me from wasting ingredients and I never have to worry that I don't have something, or wonder what I can make from what I have.

If I don't do that, I eat a lot of toast and pasta for the sake of convenience and I would be the size of a small whale. :p

#7 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:28 AM

I'll be posting my meals each week, I'm hoping others will too so that will give those of us who haven't any clue what to eat, an opportunity to try new things.

Also I believe @Psyduck will be offering his services via PM, I'll wait for him to make a post on what he can offer.

Think everyone is going to post up ideas of recipes and the like, I'll certainly type up a few things. I find the easiest thing to do is to mostly plan my meals when I do my weekly shop, stops me from wasting ingredients and I never have to worry that I don't have something, or wonder what I can make from what I have.

That's what I plan on doing, and why I'm giving us a week to sign-up. So you can go shopping and buy stuff for meals to plan out.

#8 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:31 AM

I'll be posting my meals each week, I'm hoping others will too so that will give those of us who haven't any clue what to eat, an opportunity to try new things.

Also I believe @Psyduck will be offering his services via PM, I'll wait for him to make a post on what he can offer.

That's what I plan on doing, and why I'm giving us a week to sign-up. So you can go shopping and buy stuff for meals to plan out.

I wonder if it might be worth you setting up a separate blog and giving various people posting and editing access to it (I believe the system has the capability for multiple authors to one blog)? It would be like having a dedicated recipe thread but with the benefit of being more easily accessible (i.e. you can just browse through post titles, rather than having to read every post to decide the ones they're interested in) and people could tag with main ingredients or flavours or meals (chicken, spicy, lunch) so if someone was looking for some good ideas for breakfast or a healthy snack, they could look for the appropriate tags?

#9 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:32 AM

Sounds great! I just have a problem where I get very bored of the same things, but I think I'll be an egg/toast or cereal guy in the mornings. Maybe the occasional breakfast with some sorta fruit added... Lunch lately has been junk, so I'd love something different, locally we have choice but its the same stuff we've tried and the types of stuff we could get haven't changed in months. So hopefully when some Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Meal ideas/plans are up it'll simplify everything. Hopefully we'll all be able to get ourselves eating relatively similarly. 

Too bad the winner wont win $75k :p

#10 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:33 AM

I'll sign up when I get home. I hope you don't mind that my scale is like the ones in the doctors office. Basically it has a 2 sliders on the top, one of them is for high numbers (like 50 pounds, then 100). The 2nd slider is just numbers like 1-99 I think. So if I'm, say 106, the first slider has to be moved to the 100 mark, and the second slider to the 6. Just thought I'd explain my scale a bit so it's not confusing or anything. 

#11 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:35 AM

I wonder if it might be worth you setting up a separate blog and giving various people posting and editing access to it (I believe the system has the capability for multiple authors to one blog)? It would be like having a dedicated recipe thread but with the benefit of being more easily accessible (i.e. you can just browse through post titles, rather than having to read every post to decide the ones they're interested in) and people could tag with main ingredients or flavours or meals (chicken, spicy, lunch) so if someone was looking for some good ideas for breakfast or a healthy snack, they could look for the appropriate tags?

I think that's a great idea, I personally don't think I'll have time to manage this, but if someone else wants to to put it together that would be awesome!

I'll sign up when I get home. I hope you don't mind that my scale is like the ones in the doctors office. Basically it has a 2 sliders on the top, one of them is for high numbers (like 50 pounds, then 100). The 2nd slider is just numbers like 1-99 I think. So if I'm, say 106, the first slider has to be moved to the 100 mark, and the second slider to the 6. Just thought I'd explain my scale a bit so it's not confusing or anything. 

No worries :) If I'm confused I'll just ask ahaha

#12 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:35 AM

10/10 would use... 

#13 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:37 AM

10/10 would use... 

I think that's a great idea, I personally don't think I'll have time to manage this, but if someone else wants to to put it together that would be awesome!

I'll go have a play around with the blog settings and see what I can do....Anyone who would want to actively post up healthy recipes, give me a shout and I'll add you to the contributors if I can work out how to do it...

#14 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:42 AM

Exactly what kind of Neopoints prize will be available? Like we got 10 or 20 people joining, what would the NP amount up for grabs in the split be? Because I'm wondering if we can donate/pledge an amount to the Prize pool?

#15 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:14 AM

Right, I've set up a blog and I'll put an intro post up in a bit so that there's a format to stick to - makes it easier for everyone searching and reading! If anyone would like to be a contributor/editor, then either tag me in this thread or drop me a PM and I'll add you - I'm going to say Advanced only just because you can add/edit/delete posts on the blog so best to have people with a little bit of standing. If you're not advanced or you only have 1 or 2 bits to add, then never fear, just PM me or the other editors the recipe and we can add it for you and give you full credit. :)

@Rocket - I've added you to the editors already, so I think if you look in your blogs section, it should come up?!

#16 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:16 AM

Right, I've set up a blog and I'll put an intro post up in a bit so that there's a format to stick to - makes it easier for everyone searching and reading! If anyone would like to be a contributor/editor, then either tag me in this thread or drop me a PM and I'll add you - I'm going to say Advanced only just because you can add/edit/delete posts on the blog so best to have people with a little bit of standing. If you're not advanced or you only have 1 or 2 bits to add, then never fear, just PM me or the other editors the recipe and we can add it for you and give you full credit. :)

@Rocket - I've added you to the editors already, so I think if you look in your blogs section, it should come up?!

I would be interested in helping contribute.

#17 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:20 AM

Exactly what kind of Neopoints prize will be available? Like we got 10 or 20 people joining, what would the NP amount up for grabs in the split be? Because I'm wondering if we can donate/pledge an amount to the Prize pool?

The prize pool is substantial (10's of millions) so I will not be accepting any np contributions. The split will depend on how many members join. Like stated in the FAQ you can donate USD if you would like. Please let me know via PM.

I can see it! Thanks, this is going to be wonderful!

Edited by Rocket, 14 April 2014 - 09:19 AM.

#18 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:26 AM

I can see it! Thanks, this is going to be wonderful!

Winner. It's such a rare delight when I'm not technologically incompetent.

I would be interested in helping contribute.

Added, it should now show up under the "manage your blogs" section!

#19 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:34 AM

Cool, I will definitely be getting use out of some of the recipes even though I can't compete.

#20 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:34 AM

This is hugely amazing. xD

I'd LOVE to participate because I REALLY need to lose "some" (a lot!) weight, desperately.

But I simply don't have the time to make such a compromise like this. :(

But I'll definitely follow the thread and +rep you, @Rocket , for hosting this. Awesome! 

#21 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:51 AM

Winner. It's such a rare delight when I'm not technologically incompetent.

Added, it should now show up under the "manage your blogs" section!

Thanks! I can't seem to find it though, all I see is Mine.

#22 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:53 AM

Thanks! I can't seem to find it though, all I see is Mine.

That would be because I added you and then didn't save the settings. See, this is what happens when I think maybe I'm not technologically incompetent.

#23 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:07 AM

Just to add a bit more incentive, there's a mobile app called "nexercise". It gives you points for logging workout activity and then you can use those points on things like gift cards. I've gone and downloaded a couple more apps to help with my workouts. Can't wait to start!

#24 5MGEDOHC

5MGEDOHC
  • 937 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:48 PM

I would totally join in if I had the time for this. But props to everyone who is doing this and I look forward to seeing all the results!

#25 Psyduck

Psyduck
  • 431 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:33 PM

As @Rocket said,

I am offering my services. As a personal trainer, you can contact me and tell me a little about yourself and what your goals are. I can't help you if you are very vague. Let me know some of the activities that you like to do and I can incorporate it into your workout. Now I'm no dietitian, so I can't really help you with the food aspect, however Pinterest can be your best friend at times. Pinterest gave me millions of ideas on what to eat when I was on the Paleo diet 

Just to add a bit more incentive, there's a mobile app called "nexercise". It gives you points for logging workout activity and then you can use those points on things like gift cards. I've gone and downloaded a couple more apps to help with my workouts. Can't wait to start!

I use an online program called Fitocracy and it also has a mobile app. Helps me to keep track of all my workouts along with giving me points.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: biggest loser, weight loss, teamwork

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users