biggest loser weight loss teamwork

• Please log in to reply
685 replies to this topic

#51 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:54 PM

Yo bitches, I don't play neopets so have no interest in that shit. Anyway I can donate some cold, hard cash to get you lot out running?

There WERE people interested in the real life money aspect, don't know where they went.

Finally got my pic sent in. Now comes the challenging part, actually working out! *pumps fist*

wooo! Teamwork! We can do this! i'll respond to your PM in like 15 minute when I get home and give you your user number :D

#52 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:46 PM

This is a pretty cool idea - I like that the site is helping people better themselves.

#53 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:42 AM

If I have some cash spare, which I doubt I will have, I'll put $5 into the buyout or whatever it is..

#54 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:07 AM

If I have some cash spare, which I doubt I will have, I'll put $5 into the buyout or whatever it is..

I think this round it'll probably just be nps. It's the first of this competition and people can kinda watch and see how it goes.

#55 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:36 PM

I think this round it'll probably just be nps. It's the first of this competition and people can kinda watch and see how it goes.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Probably a good idea actually. Have we started yet or not?

#56 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:40 AM

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Probably a good idea actually. Have we started yet or not?

Sign-ups end a midnight tonight. So tomorrow is our first day of the rest of our new lives! :p

FRIENDLY REMINDER! TONIGHT IS THE DEADLINE TO SIGN UP! MAKE SURE YOU GET YOUR WEIGHT PICS TO ME BEFORE I WAKE UP TOMORROW MORNING (6:30AMNST)

And now since I'm going to be gone most of the day I've started prepping my lunches for the week. I made lime-cilantro chicken salad.

Spoiler

#57 Psyduck

Psyduck
  • 431 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:56 AM

Hey @Rocket,

Want to come prep me lunchs for the week too?!

#58 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:58 AM

Hey @Rocket,

Want to come prep me lunchs for the week too?!

If only I had the time :p

#59 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:00 PM

That chicken looks amazing Rocket! I might make something like that this week :)

#60 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:00 PM

Sent in my numbers finally, I am so excited to get this started!  LET'S KICK SOME ASS

I am going to be taking progress pictures along the way, but I probably won't post them until I have actually made some progress.  I'm pretty embarrassed by my stomach at the moment.

I'm also thinking about making weekly/biweekly videos as well.  I've never made videos before so it's kind of a daunting task (though I do have Joe to help me so I should do alright).

#61 Psyduck

Psyduck
  • 431 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:06 PM

Just remember this everyone:

It takes 4 weeks for everyday people to notice that somethings changed about you

It takes 8 weeks for people close to you to notice the changes

It takes 12 weeks for YOU to notice any changes

#62 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:17 PM

Sent in my numbers finally, I am so excited to get this started!  LET'S KICK SOME ASS

I am going to be taking progress pictures along the way, but I probably won't post them until I have actually made some progress.  I'm pretty embarrassed by my stomach at the moment.

I'm also thinking about making weekly/biweekly videos as well.  I've never made videos before so it's kind of a daunting task (though I do have Joe to help me so I should do alright).

I'm going to take progress pictures maybe after week 2, still a little too much bulge than i'm comfortable with :/

Just remember this everyone:

It takes 4 weeks for everyday people to notice that somethings changed about you

It takes 8 weeks for people close to you to notice the changes

It takes 12 weeks for YOU to notice any changes

Thank you! I'm (as well as everyone else I'm sure) looking forward to encouragement from participants and cheerleaders as well.

#63 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:23 PM

I hope no one is going to mind me getting really excited and posting stuff like, "I finally exercised! I'm so happy!" I have a feeling that's going to happen, but it may not. Just wanted to give a warning incase it does. 

#64 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:27 PM

I hope no one is going to mind me getting really excited and posting stuff like, "I finally exercised! I'm so happy!" I have a feeling that's going to happen, but it may not. Just wanted to give a warning incase it does. 

please do! The more enthusiastic you are they more enthusiastic others will be.

IN OTHER NEWS I BOUGHT A BIKE THIS WEEKEND! ^_^

edit: picture in spoiler :D

Spoiler

Edited by Rocket, 20 April 2014 - 04:34 PM.

#65 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:38 PM

please do! The more enthusiastic you are they more enthusiastic others will be.

IN OTHER NEWS I BOUGHT A BIKE THIS WEEKEND! ^_^

edit: picture in spoiler :D

Spoiler

Now I'm wondering where my bike is. That looks like a great bike. Until I find mine, it's going to be running away from fake zombies with the run! zombies app. It's too bad my high school is under renovations, and they got rid of the tennis courts. You have to pay to use the townships courts, the school's were free. Plus, the middle school and high school track teams are using our fields. At least two of them are being used , the other middle school has a field, but I don't know if anyone's using it. Lets hope no one is, then I can play soccer on it. 

#66 Psyduck

Psyduck
  • 431 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:27 PM

Remember to have people use me so that I can help them with fitness goals and exercises! 

On an unrelated note: Since my high ankle sprain and a possible stress fracture in my right foot, the doc says I have to rest up and get better and no exercise or sports for me :(

#67 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:43 PM

I'm planning to do a fitstar workout on Mondays, Tuesdays, probably rest wednesday or do a smaller routine. Workout with fitstar on thursdays and fridays too. Then rest on the weekends, but I'm thinking I will try to go for a walk on the weekends though... 

Easter, go away -.- but eh, Easter eggs I'm done with, cake from partners Birthday eaten. 

Breakfast will be Some Toast with Eggs and 2 small slices of streaky bacon if I have some. Thinking a bowl of cereal every few days would be good too. Lunch I should really make the effort to try and make something nice for lunch. I reckon a Lettuce based salad with some nice sliced meat would be nice. 

Since I'm at work from 3:30pm till midnight mon, tue, thur and fri and at work from 5:30 till midnight on wed I will have to figure out something to eat around 8-9 pm on my break. Thinking a small snack serve of potato or pasta salad would be nice. Not really sure though what is a few dollars at Coles though where I work, that I could buy for dinner. 

@Rocket ? Maybe you have an idea of something I could get that is healthy, tasty and simple from Coles for dinner? I've found if I look for something I never find anything too interesting, then I end up getting stuff like a microwaveable burger or something... =\ Ugh. 

#68 Fat

Fat
  • 30 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:11 PM

What are your goals and plans, guys?

I hope to lose at least 20 pounds but I can't quite resist the temptation of food.  :unsure:

I am planning to do this.

http://www.fitnessbl...00-Calories/gr/

#69 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:56 AM

Now I'm wondering where my bike is. That looks like a great bike. Until I find mine, it's going to be running away from fake zombies with the run! zombies app.

I didn't know there were games like these xD but I absolutely despise running and it makes sense that a game would make it more interesting. Because all I can think of while running is "omg this is so exhausting, can I stop now?" Sports distract you from this thought since they give you something to do but I shy away from signing up for a sports club. x_X" The fact that I've always been bad at sports doesn't help either..

I found my newest obsession in Stepmania though and recently bought a soft pad. This is a really nerdy way to exercise but I can do it at home and it's really fun for me. ^^

#70 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:27 AM

What are your goals and plans, guys?

I hope to lose at least 20 pounds but I can't quite resist the temptation of food.  :unsure:

I am planning to do this.

http://www.fitnessbl...00-Calories/gr/

Well I'm basically like 87-89kg now, I want to get to 80kg or below (preferably below 80) by the time the 12 weeks are over. The goal weight overall is to weight 75kg and be able to maintain that weight. Other than that I want to be able to get back into regular exercise, which means 4 days a week of proper workouts and possibly doing low exertion cardio like walking on the days off, which will be Wed and the weekend. I'll be trying to work towards jogging home from work and hopefully through winter work on Walking to work. 

I would walk to work every day but since I almost always get in trouble for arriving at work looking flustered and sweaty then I haven't really bothered. Its a 10-15 minute walk from home to work, so its a decent-ish stroll, but I've always had issues with sweating and pretty much 95% of the time looking like I'm always pushing myself. 

I hope I can start to eat breakfast regularly and try and give my body the energy it needs. I definitely think I will be reducing my intake of any Juice because I find the sugar levels are just as bad as soft drink. I'll be trying to cut down all flavored soft drink and hopefully manage to not drink any sugar free drinks or sugar free energy drinks. I am 100% sure I want to stop eating Take away again, sort of sick of all the pizza and crap we've been having just because we've been lazy. Then there is the rest of the diet goal where I hope to be able to eat at a healthy level to cut and just lose weight. Hopefully with (daily I hope) updates to a blog/post(s) and with the help and feedback given and received by and to others I and others will be able to conquer these types of Goals. 

So here is a basic list of my Goals:

Get to 80kg or below, would love to manage close to 75kg and maintain it.

Regularly workout/exercise 4 days a week.

Start taking a walk every rest day.

Jog home from work every night.

Walk to work every day.

Eat regular meals.

Cut out all junk type food and keep occasional intake to a strict low (look for alternative treats)

Seriously excited, hopefully we can all manage this :D

#71 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:51 AM

People be like planning huge workout and eating schedules while I sob at the thought of not eating ice cream at night anymore.

#72 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:53 AM

People be like planning huge workout and eating schedules while I sob at the thought of not eating ice cream at night anymore.

Haha I don't even like Ice cream much. I think we still have a big tub of cchocolate ice cream in our freezer... o.O lol

#73 Tubbz

Tubbz
  • The High Fairy of Priestessvil.

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:58 AM

Massively over indulgent BBQ on Saturday. Adding water weight for week 1 for a big loss. ;)

#74 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:00 AM

If I had money, I'd put it on Cristen to win *Twirls pompoms* 
Goooo @Nymh

Edit: I'd like to note that I think you are all awesome and amazing for doing this and I am really excited for each and every one of you :p

#75 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:06 AM

One of the things I used to use was Sparkpeople. It's free, unless you want the droid app. You can track food, exercise, water intake and pretty much every healthy thing you can think of. It also has a map where you can trace the route you walk/run and it tells you how far you went.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: biggest loser, weight loss, teamwork

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users