tags are stoopid

• Please log in to reply
347 replies to this topic

#151 Grandmaster

Grandmaster
  • 748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:06 AM

I think Philipines accent is also quite distinct and quite a number of people can easily imitate it.

Edited by Grandmaster, 03 May 2014 - 04:07 AM.

#152 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:50 AM

http://vocaroo.com/i/s109BaKJfWln

:p Here you can all laugh at my voice. I tried reading from one of my Kathy Reichs novels, since those are the only english books I have.

Also, excuse me, I am sick xD

#153 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:56 AM

http://vocaroo.com/i/s109BaKJfWln

:p Here you can all laugh at my voice. I tried reading from one of my Kathy Reichs novels, since those are the only english books I have.

Also, excuse me, I am sick xD

Your voice is nice and soothing.

#154 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:57 AM

Your voice is nice and soothing.

I think it's horrible ;.; But I have always hated hearing myself in recordings

#155 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:00 AM

I think it's horrible ;.; But I have always hated hearing myself in recordings

I think most people hate hearing their own voice.

#156 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:01 AM

Because nobody sounds quite how they think they do. :p

#157 Doomsday

Doomsday
  • 178 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:16 AM

@Nalah - Where in tropical queensland?

Instead of 'yeah' you should have done the Lara Bingle - Where the bloody hell are ya line.  Your voice is suited for it.

#158 Nalah

Nalah
  • Can't hug every cat

• 555 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:34 AM

@Nalah - Where in tropical queensland?

Instead of 'yeah' you should have done the Lara Bingle - Where the bloody hell are ya line.  Your voice is suited for it.

Rockhampton-ish. I do live at the beach at the moment though, not to far away though. Haha because that worked out so well for Lara xD

#159 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:12 AM

Because nobody sounds quite how they think they do. :p

Because you hear most of your own voice by the internal vibration of your bones, which distorts it compared to hearing it through the vibration of the airs.

The more you knooooooooooow.

#160 Unmata

Unmata
  • 714 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2014 - 08:30 PM

I've pvp'd with alot of people from NZ and Australia. (generally) their senses of humor, mannerisms etc are completely different from one another. I can tell the difference but theres always someone in the group that will get it wrong, and insist they're the same.

I'm west coast Canadian. I didn't think I had an accent but I'm usually asked about it if I'm in vent/skype for an rbg.

#161 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:42 AM

I started singing Rains of Castamere but scrapped that shit.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0NIH1BWgmPJ

#162 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:24 AM

You sound exactly like I thought you would!

#163 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:31 PM

I started singing Rains of Castamere but scrapped that shit.

But please do this.

#164 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:48 PM

But please do this.

Fuck no lol.

#165 EvilBunnyFooFoo

EvilBunnyFooFoo
  • 86 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:34 PM

I would do one of these.. Problem is... I went to Dallas, TX for an internship 2 years ago and for about a month... They tried to peg where I was from based on my accent... And they failed miserably. I had to tell them that I am from Minnesota... Which if anyone else knows.. Can have a distinctive accent.. I just have an awful mix of accents in me... I sound foreign... Almost like I could have been a child of someone from the Ukraine.. Yet we have no family that is from out of country... And have been in America for many years... No one knows where I get it from XD Oh well. So, I wouldn't be a good geographical representation for you. Sorry.

#166 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:35 PM

Thoroughly enjoyed listening to all recordings since page 3. Loving all the accents, very cool! 

#167 Choconilla

Choconilla
  • 53 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:40 PM

I could saunter up in here and brag about how I'm Latino with a country accent or a city accent (I live in Kentucky, so if you don't have a southern accent, you're 'city' regardless) depending on when you catch me but I won't. And I do quite like accents of all types. Except for Spanish, my family has driven that liking out of me.

..it's all hardcore proper to gutter punk with me. Fff.

Will listen to recordings laterrrr when everyone isn't watching Frozen.

Edited by Choconilla, 17 May 2014 - 03:41 PM.

#168 dokimqueen

dokimqueen
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:33 PM

Hi all! I am late to the party.  :( I'm from California and super embarrassed...but I thought it was only fair posting my own after lurking and listening to all of yours!

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0UgKk7xfn16

please don't label me as a lover of underage girls because of my reading material  :mellow:

#169 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:35 PM

I would do one of these.. Problem is... I went to Dallas, TX for an internship 2 years ago and for about a month... They tried to peg where I was from based on my accent... And they failed miserably. I had to tell them that I am from Minnesota... Which if anyone else knows.. Can have a distinctive accent.. I just have an awful mix of accents in me... I sound foreign... Almost like I could have been a child of someone from the Ukraine.. Yet we have no family that is from out of country... And have been in America for many years... No one knows where I get it from XD Oh well. So, I wouldn't be a good geographical representation for you. Sorry.

do it! I went to UW-Madison for 4 years and can recognize Minnesotans pretty easily :p 

Just make sure you say the word "bag" 

#170 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:38 PM

do it! I went to UW-Madison for 4 years and can recognize Minnesotans pretty easily :p

Just make sure you say the word "bag" 

Getting a Wisconsinite or someone from Minnesota to say "Totem Pole" is really funny, especially if they have a thick accent :p. I'm from Wisconsin and I heard it all the time -- thankfully I don't have the disgusting accent attributed to that area.

#171 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:40 PM

Getting a Wisconsinite or someone from Minnesota to say "Totem Pole" is really funny, especially if they have a thick accent :p. I'm from Wisconsin and I heard it all the time -- thankfully I don't have the disgusting accent attributed to that area.

do you say bubbler? 

I'm from Illinois so it was really strange to hear different terminology whenever I went for my undergrad. 

the whole bag/beg thing still gets me though :p 

#172 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:44 PM

do you say bubbler? 

I'm from Illinois so it was really strange to hear different terminology whenever I went for my undergrad. 

DO indeed say bubbler! Being down in Arkansas now I catch myself saying that, and everyone is like "wtf is that...?"

My grandma says "beg" instead of bag, and "paggage" (pronounced pay-gaij) instead of package. Ugh...

#173 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:46 PM

(Apparently we also drink more, day-drinking in America isn't a thing? Who knew.)

Depends where you're from, and what you define as day-drinking.

Minnesota is all over the place.  I'm guilty of saying some pretty stereotypical things, but otherwise the accent is rather bland.  Unless you get into northern MN (Think like the movie Fargo...).  Wisconsin is very similar, which is where I've been living the last 4 years.

do you say bubbler? 

IT'S A DRINKING FOUNTAIN!

WHAT'S NEXT, YOU'RE GOING TO TELL ME HOT DISH DOESN'T EXIST?

#174 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:49 PM

Depends where you're from, and what you define as day-drinking.

Minnesota is all over the place.  I'm guilty of saying some pretty stereotypical things, but otherwise the accent is rather bland.  Unless you get into northern MN (Think like the movie Fargo...).  Wisconsin is very similar, which is where I've been living the last 4 years.

IT'S A DRINKING FOUNTAIN!

WHAT'S NEXT, YOU'RE GOING TO TELL ME HOT DISH DOESN'T EXIST?

day drinking is definitely a thing. 

Northern MN accents are something else. Having had a roommate who was from Eden Prairie, I thought I could catch the accent pretty well. Anyone from northern Minnesota is speaking a different language. I can't understand them for the life of me! 

I agree, it's definitely a drinking fountain/water fountain. I hadn't heard the term bubbler UNTIL I went to Madison. It took me a good 2 weeks to figure out what people were referring to! 

What is a hot dish?! Like warm food?

#175 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:54 PM

day drinking is definitely a thing. 

Northern MN accents are something else. Having had a roommate who was from Eden Prairie, I thought I could catch the accent pretty well. Anyone from northern Minnesota is speaking a different language. I can't understand them for the life of me! 

I agree, it's definitely a drinking fountain/water fountain. I hadn't heard the term bubbler UNTIL I went to Madison. It took me a good 2 weeks to figure out what people were referring to! 

What is a hot dish?! Like warm food?

Well hell, you went to Madison.  Football game at 11 a.m. on Saturday?  Hello shots at 8 a.m. as you roll out of bed.

Completely agree.  Same can be said about Wisconsin.  The northern WI and northern MN accents are so similar, along with the common phrases, "you know".  They're still understandable, but it can be quite humorous.

I didn't hear it until I ended up in Milwaukee.

I hate you.

Oh, since we're talking accents, when my roommate had a friend from the UK over, our favorite words were "Zebra" and "Garage", just because of the accent and points of emphasis in the words.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users