• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Leeroy

Leeroy
  • 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:59 PM

POPULAR POST!

Hi guys! Recently Adam hosted a Hearthstone competition and seems like it has garnered quite a bit of attention!

Some of you guys may have just downloaded the game recently. So i hope i could create a guide that would help you guys understand the mechanics of the game better and make better decision be it in deck building or game play !

Note: I may not be a top notch player, but i hope my guide could still help who ever reading in some way or another.

p.s i have no idea how to use all the fancy editors beside spoiler, so i apologize for my ugly format.

Introduction!

Spoiler

The basic terminology for the game! (try out the in game tutorial before going on if you have not. It would be clearer)

Spoiler

General types of deck!

Spoiler

Handy tips to play hearthstone. 

Spoiler

Crafting and Real cash spending in game

Spoiler

ARENA
Spoiler

Quest bounty change to earn more gold ( by Nimby )
Spoiler

Finally, i hope this helps in someway for who ever reading. To get better, you just have to keep playing and improve and improvise decks!

see ya guys in HS! :rolleyes:

p.s if there is any thing missing about basics of the game, please tell me so i can add it on =]

Edited by Leeroy, 30 May 2014 - 02:20 AM.

#2 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:25 PM

This looks like a great beginners guide. With the recent increased attention given to the game on Codex, this guide is sure to help alleviate the confusion!

#3 Chameleon

Chameleon
  • vampire or somesuch

• 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:26 PM

Nice guide, thanks!

That Arena guide you posted is great.  Despite not being great at Arena, that's where I always spend my gold.  (Packs cost 100 gold, Arena 150 and you get a pack in Arena even if you totally fail.).  Going to try a few games based on this guide and see if I can improve my game.  Thanks again!

Edited by Nimby, 29 May 2014 - 08:42 PM.

#4 arcanum

arcanum
  • 1748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:43 PM

Thanks for the guide ^.^

#5 Leeroy

Leeroy
  • 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:50 PM

thanks! i would also hope this help the newer players. And with the influx of more HS players getting better and stronger, the next competition ( i hope ) would be even better!

#6 Chameleon

Chameleon
  • vampire or somesuch

• 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2014 - 01:25 AM

Thought of a tip you could add.  If you don't like your daily quest you can change it once.  Go into your quest menu and click the x on it and it will change to a different one.  You can only do it once per quest tho, so don't get too happy with clicking the x.

IE.  You get a quest for 40 gold that you don't want.  Go to the quest menu and click the x on it.  Hopefully it will change to a better paying quest.  If not, you're stuck with whatever comes up.

#7 Leeroy

Leeroy
  • 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:21 AM

@Nimby thanks! i updated it under a new spoiler =] all the best for your HS next round

#8 Chameleon

Chameleon
  • vampire or somesuch

• 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:49 AM

@Nimby thanks! i updated it under a new spoiler =] all the best for your HS next round

@Leeroy Thanks!  Working hard to get to rank 5 before the season ends.  The arena guide you'e got listed above helped me up my wins to 8 earlier.  Thanks SO much for linking that.

#9 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 30 May 2014 - 03:30 AM

Thanks, @Leeroy !
I was looking forward to this guide and it's just as comprehensive and helpful as I'd imagined it would be.

#10 Leeroy

Leeroy
  • 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2014 - 03:47 AM

@Kate

Glad i could help! all the best to your future HS matches =]

plus take care of yourself too! enjoy your maternity leave =] :x3:

@Nimby the season is ending soon right? i cant wait for the expansion!

hahah and glad i could help. i love arena.. though i never get 12 wins before.. my dreammm  :rolleyes:

Edited by Leeroy, 30 May 2014 - 03:51 AM.

#11 Chameleon

Chameleon
  • vampire or somesuch

• 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:06 AM

@Leeroy  Yes, it ends at the end of the month.  (So anyone that hasn't hit level 20 in ranked play run do that so you get the card back for this season!)

#12 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:28 AM

@Leeroy  Yes, it ends at the end of the month.  (So anyone that hasn't hit level 20 in ranked play run do that so you get the card back for this season!)

This season's card backs are so pretty ^_^

#13 Chameleon

Chameleon
  • vampire or somesuch

• 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:40 AM

This season's card backs are so pretty ^_^

I agree!  Can't wait to switch to them.  There's another dark card back that I've seen people use, I'm guessing last season's legendary?  that is pretty.  

#14 Leeroy

Leeroy
  • 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:51 AM

ahaha i cant wait for this season back too! . 

i think all legendary card back should be the same 

http://hearthstone.g...a.com/Card_back

more excited about the new cards though. and the class specific cards

#15 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6381 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:06 AM

Whoa! Really nice, well put together, lengthy guide.

:) +rep

#16 Leeroy

Leeroy
  • 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:31 AM

@Dan thanks. i got carried away. i think some of the parts are not needed. but still hope it helps.

Hope you have fun in HS! expansion is coming out! i think there is like quest mode or something ahhaha

http://www.ign.com/a...mpaign-revealed

#17 Leeroy

Leeroy
  • 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:31 PM

Glad that it helped =] welcome to HS 

if you have any question u can mail me about it, i may not be that good, but i will answer as much as i can =]

#18 N2Jargon

N2Jargon
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:41 AM

Thanks a lot for this, read through it as I download the game, gonna check that arena guide now. Very helpful  as I was completely in the dark. Ahhh the excitement eats at me.

Thank you.

#19 Josh

Josh
  • 318 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:28 PM

I would reiterate the key importance to drawing luck that is involved with this game. After playing it since early beta not much has changed; I still see streamers losing most of their battles to top-decks. 

Blizzard has done what they always did, make fat cash generating games. 

#20 kiuarthur

kiuarthur
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 02:29 AM

ooo this is wt im good at

been playing heartstone for quite long time now

and not to promote, but there is actually some kind of bots around that allows u to farm gold or do quest automatically 

search about it if ur interested as i think people here would be B-)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: guide, hearthstone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users