14 replies to this topic

#1 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:42 PM

Hello Codexians!

It is the start of a new month, and Private applications have opened once again :)

If you don't know what Private Membership is, consider reading the Neocodex F.A.Q. which contains information on the achievable ranks here at Neocodex. For even more info, see the reintroduction thread.

Applying is simple and can net you some big rewards! While the requirements may seem high, please note that this is a rank for active, contributing members.

All members who meet the following criteria are invited to apply:
  • 12 months of forum membership
  • 1000 posts on the forum
  • Consistent activity, friendliness, and/or helpfulness
  • Contributions of some sort including but not limited to programming, graphics or contests participation
Applications only remain open for about a week, so take a few minutes when you get the chance and give us some good answers to the application questions. Putting just your name isn't quite enough to get in.

Finally, this round of applications we will be trying something new (or old, depending on how long you've been a member). Prior to this month, voting was carried out by staff members. This was done primarily because there were not many Private Members (Elindoril alone at one point) who could make up the voting population. Now that we've built a nice cadre, we feel confident that Private can continue a long tradition of voting in their own.

So! We will be extending voting privileges to existing Private and Retired members. With any luck, none of them will break the Application mod. This allows current members (and those promoted to Retired) to have a voice in what sort of members join their ranks. Our attempt at a little democracy for the people ;)

redlion,
Private Leader

#2 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:44 PM

I was so lonely. :crybaby:

#3 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:18 PM

Cool beans :) I have enabled the applications again for this month so people can now submit theirs when they want to. I have also just been testing some things to do with automatically posting topics when someone applies too. Private, Retired and Staff will be able to view and comment on these apps via their respective 'discussion' threads.

I'm still trying to work out how to automatically add a poll to those topics..... Forget this, I just realised that we can add voting to the applications module and allow access to the Retired/Private ranks to vote via the individual apps. Discussions can still be held in each respective thread though.

Actually, can I get one volunteer to submit a 'test' application for me (just add 'test' to all fields when filling it in) and this person needs to not be Private or above please. I need to clarify some settings.

#4 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:20 PM

Sure @Strategist 

edit: but I don't know if I can because I don't have 1000 posts

Edited by DonValentino, 02 July 2014 - 11:21 PM.

#5 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:29 PM

Oh... right... yeah you wouldn't be able to. Ummm I'll get someone with over 1000 posts to try then please. Thanks for trying anyway @DonValentino :)

#6 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:51 PM

It shows one application already so there's your test?

Unfortunately, I haven't reached 1k posts either so maybe next month ^^; (again)

#7 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:52 PM

It shows one application already so there's your test?

Unfortunately, I haven't reached 1k posts either so maybe next month ^^; (again)

Yeah that's just my test one :p I'm still trying to iron a couple of things out.

#8 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:42 AM

I sent a test one for ya

#9 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:47 AM

I sent a test one for ya

Thanks man, can you tell me if you get a notification of a 'New Vote' at all? (It will come up where your notifications icon is in the top right of the forum if you do).

#10 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:15 AM

Np, I haven't gotten any notifications yet

#11 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:17 AM

Np, I haven't gotten any notifications yet

Cool, that's good. Can you do one more thing? Check your app and screenshot the page and pm me please? I want to see what you can see just to be sure I've set things up right xD cheers bloke :)

#12 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:27 PM

Oooh, we get to vote this time! Excellent.

#13 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:20 PM

Best wishes to this month's applicants. :)

#14 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:56 PM

Ok, so what we're going to do (seeing as the applications mod likes to be difficult) is, people who are eligible, may apply using the Applications mod found here. Then, @redlion will create an individual thread for each application in the Private Applications subforum. This will contain a simple Yes/No poll, along with the application's contents (questions and applicants' answers) and will allow all Private+ members and Staff a chance to discuss/vote on the application there. 

Once the voting period is up, then the successful candidates will be announced as per usual. 

captain-jack-sparrow-captain-jack-sparro

#15 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:35 AM

good luck to everyone who is applying! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users