Quantcast

Photo

Staff Meeting in a suddenly indeterminate amount of time...

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#151 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:25 PM

No way, the mobile site's really useful if you're using a crappy device like me or if you just wanna use something lightweight :x

#152 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:32 PM

Perhaps we could find a way to make the site not default to mobile, but keep it as an option.

#153 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:47 PM

Perhaps we could find a way to make the site not default to mobile, but keep it as an option.

Totally didn't mean to rep your post but since I'm on my phone, shit happens.

I think most smartphones with their browsers have the capability to view pages in desktop mode. Mine is set that way so I rarely get the mobile page unless I clear all my settings for some reason.

#154 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:50 PM

Totally didn't mean to rep your post but since I'm on my phone, shit happens.

I think most smartphones with their browsers have the capability to view pages in desktop mode. Mine is set that way so I rarely get the mobile page unless I clear all my settings for some reason.

I'll take that rep anyway, and treasure it forever.

But yeah, that's true. I think the majority of web-capable phones can do that.

#155 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:57 PM

My devices sure can view desktop mode just fine, but it's less annoying having to zoom in and out of everything when the mobile theme has everything already fitting to my screen in a very conveniently sized and readable fashion.

That and there's so much less to load.

#156 Magical

Magical
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this member!

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:04 PM

Would it be possible to have like alerts for when certain threads are updated/created? A Codex app would be really convenient where we can get updates/alerts on Mystery Pic answers, when SS, AoB, AB lists are updated or when a new program is updated etc. I know it would take a bit of work to do, but it'd be pure gold.

#157 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:07 PM

Would it be possible to have like alerts for when certain threads are updated/created? A Codex app would be really convenient where we can get updates/alerts on Mystery Pic answers, when SS, AoB, AB lists are updated or when a new program is updated etc. I know it would take a bit of work to do, but it'd be pure gold.

IPB already has that functionality. You can subscribe to subforums and receive alerts however you want.

The option to "follow" is at the top of each board, to the right.

#158 Magical

Magical

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:19 PM

Is it possible to receive alerts on your phone? In a similar way to fb messages?

#159 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:47 PM

I wants this functionality!

Set up an email account, have codex alert that account whenever a followed topic is updated, push notifications on your smart phone come from email. No need for more software.

#160 Magical

Magical

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:00 PM

Set up an email account, have codex alert that account whenever a followed topic is updated, push notifications on your smart phone come from email. No need for more software.

It's a little tedious though. I think accessibility and convenience is one area where Codex could definitely flourish - everything is now moving to smart devices. Such is the 21st Century! ;.;

#161 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:10 AM

It's a little tedious though. I think accessibility and convenience is one area where Codex could definitely flourish - everything is now moving to smart devices. Such is the 21st Century! ;.;

I think what redlion suggested is the best option for now and I don't see it as being tedious at all. Unless you think taking 5 minutes to create and email and sync it with your phone is tedious then sure. I mean that's pretty much what I do for PM's. Just change your settings for that particular email to auto-update immediately and it's just like a text message. You can even set your own ring tone for it! 

Mine is an owl so every time I get a PM, my phone goes "hoot hoot" it's kinda cute :)

#162 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:19 AM

Meeting is over (for a while :p) and I'll be putting up a brief summary in Announcements shortly. I have a few premium APs to set up and send out first - paying customers and whatnot.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)