Quantcast

Staff Meeting Tonight! What should we discuss?

yay

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 15 November 2014 - 11:07 AM

Okay, guys so tonight there is a staff meeting, please use this thread for any suggestions or concerns you would like us to bring up in our meeting!

Our meeting is at 5PM NST so please post before that! Thanks lovelies!

Kate

#2 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 November 2014 - 11:13 AM

Removing this God forsaken mobile site theme.

#3 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 November 2014 - 11:15 AM

Light or dark?

Can you find any other IPB 3.4.5 mobile theme that you prefer?

#4 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 November 2014 - 11:27 AM

Light or dark?

Can you find any other IPB 3.4.5 mobile theme that you prefer?

I'd like to see the whole thing gone -- every time I refresh on my phone I have to click "full version" at the bottom...I just want the regular site theme 24/7!

On a separate note.

Oh also I mentioned this to Emily last night; there's been an overwhelming amount of shaming others. I've seen a few people say "you're fucking retarded" to someone for having an opposing view as theirs without anything being done about it.

#5 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 15 November 2014 - 11:36 AM

Oh also I mentioned this to Emily last night; there's been an overwhelming amount of shaming others. I've seen a few people say "you're fucking retarded" to someone for having an opposing view as theirs without anything being done about it.

Yeah definitely not cool. Though, I think people forget that there is a report function and we will always deal with something if it's reported. However we don't always see these things happening so if anyone feels bullied or harassed they should be sure to report it to us so we can help them. Though I think it's definitely worth discussing in the meeting if you have noticed an increase in these incidents. :/

#6 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 November 2014 - 11:38 AM

I'm still up for my 'it's Abrosia, not aMbrosia.' Award :p

#7 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 November 2014 - 11:39 AM

Or at least have an option to remove it, some of us actually use it on our mobile devices :x

#8 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 November 2014 - 11:40 AM

Yeah definitely not cool. Though, I think people forget that there is a report function and we will always deal with something if it's reported. However we don't always see these things happening so if anyone feels bullied or harassed they should be sure to report it to us so we can help them. Though I think it's definitely worth discussing in the meeting if you have noticed an increase in these incidents. :/

I've noticed a slight uptick in this as well; definitely though, as long as reports are sent in (people just need to remember to do so), it seems to be taken care of.

#9 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 15 November 2014 - 11:40 AM

Or at least have an option to remove it, some of us actually use it on our mobile devices :x

Yeah I don't think getting rid of it completely is fair to people who don't have the full site options on their mobiles (or maybe they just like the mobile theme.)

#10 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 November 2014 - 11:41 AM

This is a much better alternative to my suggestion!

#11 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 15 November 2014 - 11:43 AM

I've noticed a slight uptick in this as well; definitely though, as long as reports are sent in (people just need to remember to do so), it seems to be taken care of.

Yep, you'd be surprised at how often people choose not to report things and as often as we can we deal with situations as we witness them but sometimes someone might say "You idiot" in jest and we're like "Can we warn them for this?".. I mean if Emily called me an idiot, it would be fine because we're friends and we have a really great rapport, but people who don't know us might report her thinking she is harassing me. So sometimes when these things happen and no one reports it, we're kinda like "what do?" lol. I've personally contacted people often times to see if they felt offended by it and let them know if they wished, we would take care of it.

I love that idea too :p We'll see what the rest of the gang thinks. 

#12 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 November 2014 - 11:50 AM

I love that idea too :p We'll see what the rest of the gang thinks. 

Or just a general thing for people who didn't use the search function :p

#13 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 November 2014 - 12:04 PM

I'd sort of like to see the post the person got warned for when a new thread gets posted, or at least a description of the issue. Sometimes the post is there, sometimes it isn't and it just says:

10% warn. 

Which doesn't help when a list of rules are posted above it, because you can't be sure exactly which rule was broken. 

I just like seeing what people messed up, is that so wrong?  :devil:

#14 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 November 2014 - 12:06 PM

cS4i3.jpg

#15 Speedracer

Speedracer
  • The Triforce of Herp

• 771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 November 2014 - 12:10 PM

I think some people are running into a problem with abrosia from the new restock update; where since shops are cleared and have no inventory, its registering as a restock ban. It hasn't happened to me, but a few people mentioned it here - http://www.neocodex....restocks/page-2 

-Edit- also here http://www.neocodex....status_id=85143

So maybe trying to find a work around for it

Edited by Speedracer, 15 November 2014 - 12:12 PM.

#16 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 November 2014 - 12:11 PM

I made this a while back...which can be altered for a 1st place medal and the words can be switched around. It could be made much smaller too. 

AX3ExGm.jpg

#17 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 November 2014 - 12:35 PM

Now you have another official programmer, it might be time to give abrosia a 1. facelift and new features. This is an especially appropriate time as the shops clear differently now. We need a new restock ban detection method, so a project could be started to figure out the best algorithm.

2, Also, more cellos.

@nitro

1. Other than the restock ban issue, please elaborate on the "facelift" and "new features". Design or suggest a new user interface. Also what new features do you want. Collect information and present it here.

2. WHAT A GOOD IDEA! Since it's getting colder now, we need more fire wood.

#18 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 15 November 2014 - 01:48 PM

I'd sort of like to see the post the person got warned for when a new thread gets posted, or at least a description of the issue. Sometimes the post is there, sometimes it isn't and it just says:

10% warn. 

Which doesn't help when a list of rules are posted above it, because you can't be sure exactly which rule was broken. 

I just like seeing what people messed up, is that so wrong?  :devil:

Yes, it is wrong lol.. Sometimes the thing that was said can be really inappropriate and hurtful and the person it was directed at had the fortunate luck of not seeing it yet. I don't think a constant reminder of something cruel someone said about someone needs to be in public. Sometimes we post it because the victim in the situation already saw it.. but that isn't always the case. Surely you understand. 

#19 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 November 2014 - 02:20 PM

Yes, it is wrong lol.. Sometimes the thing that was said can be really inappropriate and hurtful and the person it was directed at had the fortunate luck of not seeing it yet. I don't think a constant reminder of something cruel someone said about someone needs to be in public. Sometimes we post it because the victim in the situation already saw it.. but that isn't always the case. Surely you understand. 

I do. I was just thinking if it was more of a mild case, even though you put those up, I just thought you forgot to sometimes. If it was that bad, I understand why you wouldn't put it up for everyone to see. 

#20 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 15 November 2014 - 02:40 PM

I do. I was just thinking if it was more of a mild case, even though you put those up, I just thought you forgot to sometimes. If it was that bad, I understand why you wouldn't put it up for everyone to see. 

Yeah, usually we do put it up because chances are the victim in the situation has seen it already. But sometimes we try to protect them from it, I guess.

#21 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 November 2014 - 02:49 PM

1. Make Abrosia compatible with higher resolutions, especially on Mac.

2. Somehow put into the GUI a place where you can see the images of the items bought. Not only do you read what items you bought, you can see them.

3. Fix the shop autopricer

4. Add an option for more complex refreshing. More randomization options, and people usually take breaks after a restock, so add a function to take a break for xxx seconds after a restock.

5. Withdraw from bank

6. If inventory/shop full, automatically put extra items into safety deposit box.

I have more suggestions, these are my major ones though.

What about the face-lift? Did you just use a very broad and general term to describe non-aesthetic feature changes or did you really mean an upheavel to the current user interface appearance?

#22 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 15 November 2014 - 02:53 PM

I knew I could count on you ♥

#23 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 November 2014 - 02:56 PM

2. Somehow put into the GUI a place where you can see the images of the items bought. Not only do you read what items you bought, you can see them.

Trying to figure out why exactly you want this.

#24 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 November 2014 - 03:02 PM

Trying to figure out why exactly you want this.

Technically, this can already be done with the "Save screenshots of successful buys" option. I guess he's just suggesting that you make it easier to do that? Instead of having to go into a folder or someplace, like you do now. Plus, they're saved as html files so you then have to go into your broswer to see them.

#25 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 15 November 2014 - 03:32 PM

I think changing Abrosia like that would have to be based off community feedback, not just Nitro feedback :p But we'll discuss it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: yay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users