Quantcast

Photo

Wife Rejects $974 Million Check

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#51 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:56 AM

Actually...looks like she went ahead and cashed that puppy:  ;)

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=28109894

#52 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:51 PM

I honestly feel a person living a very comfortable/extravegent lifestyle couldn't spend 1bil in her remaining lifetime. Honestly, for a 20yr/o, that would be about 20mil a a year. What doyou do with that? I would probably buy some apartment complexes, pay someone to manage them to have residual income. But what can you possible spend 1 billion dollars on (selfishly) that you need more. I hope the courts screw her out of as much as possible.

#53 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:56 PM

I honestly feel a person living a very comfortable/extravegent lifestyle couldn't spend 1bil in her remaining lifetime. Honestly, for a 20yr/o, that would be about 20mil a a year. What doyou do with that? I would probably buy some apartment complexes, pay someone to manage them to have residual income. But what can you possible spend 1 billion dollars on (selfishly) that you need more. I hope the courts screw her out of as much as possible.

See my post above yours: she cashed the check yesterday. :p

#54 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:58 PM

At least @ Frizzle understands. I guess a lot of you have never heard "hope for the best, but prepare for the worst." Protecting your [ass]ets against unforeseen circumstances is smart, paranoid, but smart.

#55 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:08 PM

Did they have kids? I'd always want more than I could spend in a lifetime, to make sure my kids, grandkids, and beyond were well-cared for in theirs.

#56 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:11 PM

Did they have kids? I'd always want more than I could spend in a lifetime, to make sure my kids, grandkids, and beyond were well-cared for in theirs.

I would like to help my kids, but not spoil them and have them not learn how to work for stuff. 1bil of inheritance would create Paris Hilton in 90% of the population.

#57 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:16 PM

I would like to help my kids, but not spoil them and have them not learn how to work for stuff. 1bil of inheritance would create Paris Hilton in 90% of the population.

But she's a wholesome girl that was raise right.

#58 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:25 PM

I'm not going to speak for this woman and what she's planning on doing with her kids, but no one said anything about spoiling or not making them work. 

It's just money though.

#59 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:29 PM

They have two adult children together but he has five kids altogether. 

#60 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:40 PM

I'm not going to speak for this woman and what she's planning on doing with her kids, but no one said anything about spoiling or not making them work. 

It's just money though.

I thought that is what you were insinuating when you said you would want more than a billion dollars. Because a billion dollars would be considered spoiling, imo.

#61 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:45 PM

I thought that is what you were insinuating when you said you would want more than a billion dollars. Because a billion dollars would be considered spoiling, imo.

Depends on how you spend a billion dollars. To buy a house and totally pay it off in an amazing school district? To be able to give them the opportunities to follow their interests so they get a good job they love later in life? To invest it, so when they have kids, they won't go into debt over college loans? To be able to feed them grass fed beef?

Even someone who is dirt poor can spoil their kids. Spoiling doesn't come from having money, it comes from a lack of teaching with the opportunities it can provide.

#62 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2015 - 03:16 PM

Depends on how you spend a billion dollars. To buy a house and totally pay it off in an amazing school district? To be able to give them the opportunities to follow their interests so they get a good job they love later in life? To invest it, so when they have kids, they won't go into debt over college loans? To be able to feed them grass fed beef?

Even someone who is dirt poor can spoil their kids. Spoiling doesn't come from having money, it comes from a lack of teaching with the opportunities it can provide.

I agree with your last sentence. But in the USA, an extremely nice house doesn't cost more than a few mil. So buy one of those for your 10 kids and 100 grandkids (assuming you and your kids are fertile as hell and have shiz ton of kids) and youre still looking at only a fraction of a billion dollars. And without a house payment, people can live comfortably and do essentially what they want. 

#63 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2015 - 08:48 PM

You could spend a billion dollars in a lifetime, but I feel like you'd have to be actively trying to do that. If you're just like meh, here's a house, some education for my kid, comfortable wealthy life, then nah. But if you're like PRIVATE JET, YACHT, 1 HOUSE ON EACH CONTINENT EXCEPT ANTARCTICA, ALL THE CLOTHES, ALL THE CARS, YEAH... then... yeah, probably. 

#64 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2015 - 08:55 PM

You could spend a billion dollars in a lifetime, but I feel like you'd have to be actively trying to do that. If you're just like meh, here's a house, some education for my kid, comfortable wealthy life, then nah. But if you're like PRIVATE JET, YACHT, 1 HOUSE ON EACH CONTINENT EXCEPT ANTARCTICA, ALL THE CLOTHES, ALL THE CARS, YEAH... then... yeah, probably. 

I can't even imagine where to begin trying to spend that...petty simple tastes here, and same goes for hubby. I reckon I'd be able to give kick-ass contest prizes here a ton though LMAO!

#65 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2015 - 09:30 PM

If i won a billion dollars I'd imagine most of it would go towards investing in things that I think are worthwhile, like green energy and improving schools in my area. There are so many things that need money right now that I would be able to help, I'd probably keep 100mil for myself/family (more than enough) and use the rest to improve my town and country.

#66 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2015 - 09:47 PM

It seems like a lot of money to us because we're poor. If he's worth 18 billion and he's barely offering her 1 of those billions I don't see a problem with her sending that shit back.

If you ain't no punk, holla "we want prenup"

#67 lucklig

lucklig
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:26 PM

The husband probably has billions, 974M is nothing

#68 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:19 AM

I agree with your last sentence. But in the USA, an extremely nice house doesn't cost more than a few mil. So buy one of those for your 10 kids and 100 grandkids (assuming you and your kids are fertile as hell and have shiz ton of kids) and youre still looking at only a fraction of a billion dollars. And without a house payment, people can live comfortably and do essentially what they want. 

Except there's no way to see into the future. For now, an extremely nice house doesn't cost that much. But what about in 20 years? Or 50 years?

#69 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:27 AM

Except there's no way to see into the future. For now, an extremely nice house doesn't cost that much. But what about in 20 years? Or 50 years?

HOUSES WILL COST 10 GILLION DOLLARS

Edited by DonValentino, 13 January 2015 - 08:27 AM.

#70 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:52 PM

The more recent articles say it's only 8 billion now... still a shit ton.

#71 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:11 PM

The more recent articles say it's only 8 billion now... still a shit ton.

Yep, still a shit ton; I knew it had decreased by more than half (due to largely being tied up in oil investments and/or investments that utilize oil and thus fluctuate based on oil prices), but wasn't sure of the exact number.

Even despite having cashed the check, I do think that I read somewhere earlier (drive-by blurb I caught while working on cooking dinner...I'm back and forth a lot while doing that lol!) that the ex-wife STILL plans on seeking more money.

#72 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:14 PM

Hopefully they don't crack it.

#73 Peaches

Peaches
  • 497 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:20 PM

Do you think this is as ridiculous as I do?

Yes because any normal person would just freakin' take it.

No because she's used to the high life and thinks she is entitled to more cash moneyz. Which she may be considering she was a partner in the business...or did something to contribute. Or nothing at all and just wants to show off her greedy/bitter side some more *throws confetti*  weeeee!

Edited by MillionsOfPeaches, 15 January 2015 - 09:21 PM.

#74 masxed

masxed
  • 712 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:26 PM

Regardless of how many years she was married, trying to get "revenge" would be selfish. Anybody who believes that they deserve more than others is most likely a narcissist. There are good people out there struggling to afford things as simple as food. Adam, Frizzle and redlion know what they are talking about. Marriage is like a financial and political game. Expecting commitment is irrational considering that we can't determine the future.

#75 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:15 AM

Are any of you guys married doe? That's the real question.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users