Wife Rejects $974 Million Check

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#76 MozzarellaSticks

MozzarellaSticks
  • 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:30 AM

Jesus you guys are cynical. I fear for your future spouses.

#77 masxed

masxed
  • 712 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2015 - 06:54 PM

Jesus you guys are cynical. I fear for your future spouses.

I'm not planning on getting married in the future. So that's one less probability for you to be afraid of. Besides, it would be unrealistic for somebody to marry a cynical person who bothers them. Shouldn't they know what they are getting into? Why would they marry somebody they are not compatible with? Because of money? :p

#78 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2015 - 05:41 PM

Fuck playing nice If I'm married to someone for 22 years I walk HALF GOD DAMN IT. HALF.

#79 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2015 - 05:46 PM

Shit we don't know what was really going on in their lives though. For all we know he coulda been spending hours at the office while their kids were raised by some nanny while she was having a fling with the pool boy. Should that still constitute her getting half of his wealth?

#80 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2015 - 10:12 PM

Shit we don't know what was really going on in their lives though. For all we know he coulda been spending hours at the office while their kids were raised by some nanny while she was having a fling with the pool boy. Should that still constitute her getting half of his wealth?

Sue Ann Hamm is a lawyer and economist who held executive roles at Hamm’s company, Continental Resources. The couple met while Sue Ann worked in the legal department, negotiating the company’s land deals.

Yes, it does.

#81 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:00 AM

Didn't read that part. :p

#82 NeoVix

NeoVix
  • 152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:58 AM

Greedy bitch. How could you even spend that much money anyway :Mind I have always been relatively poor. I would imagine someone that rich could spend it in a week..I just cannot imagine ever having such an amount and being unhappy with it.

#83 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:53 AM

Greedy bitch. How could you even spend that much money anyway :Mind I have always been relatively poor. I would imagine someone that rich could spend it in a week..I just cannot imagine ever having such an amount and being unhappy with it.

""Think of it this way, imagine that Mr. Hamm was worth $100,000 - which would mean that Ms. Arnall would receive a $5,500 payment while Mr. Hamm kept $94,500. Would that be fair? Maybe not ... maybe in that case, a court would have split the estate differently. If so, then I am not clear why the law should be inconsistent simply because we are adding a bunch of zeros to the numbers. "

#84 NeoVix

NeoVix
  • 152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:59 AM

""Think of it this way, imagine that Mr. Hamm was worth $100,000 - which would mean that Ms. Arnall would receive a $5,500 payment while Mr. Hamm kept $94,500. Would that be fair? Maybe not ... maybe in that case, a court would have split the estate differently. If so, then I am not clear why the law should be inconsistent simply because we are adding a bunch of zeros to the numbers. "

Well personally I don't really see why when a divorce happens everything should be split evenly if one has earned vastly more than the other really. Though thats the law I guess :p

Even if he was worth trillions, to turn down such a vast sum of money is ridiculous. I'm guessing she had no input into how much hes made...

#85 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:01 AM

Well personally I don't really see why when a divorce happens everything should be split evenly if one has earned vastly more than the other really. Though thats the law I guess :p

Even if he was worth trillions, to turn down such a vast sum of money is ridiculous. I'm guessing she had no input into how much hes made...

She was a lawyer and economist who held executive roles at his company and they met while she worked in the legal dept. negotiating land deals. I'm sure she's helped his company grow a shit ton and deserves more. 

#86 NeoVix

NeoVix
  • 152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:18 AM

She was a lawyer and economist who held executive roles at his company and they met while she worked in the legal dept. negotiating land deals. I'm sure she's helped his company grow a shit ton and deserves more. 

Erm..if we are looking at it like this, then surely a fair few of his employees deserve billion dollar checks..for helping the company grow?

Sorry I just cannot go for the 'she worked for him so should get half his business' thing.

However I am against 50/50 splits in divorces anyway tbh. I believe whoever earned the money, keeps the money. Unless theres kids involved...

Also I do feel this guy was stupid not asking for a prenup. Its sad, but there are a lot of people out there after easy money, which marriage and subsequent divorce tends to be. I see prenups have been discussed already (had only read the OP before commenting) and I would have no problem signing a prenup at all..as I wouldn't be marrying for cash so why would I have an issue with it?

Edited by Vicky87, 26 April 2015 - 08:08 AM.

#87 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:28 AM

Erm..if we are looking at it like this, then surely a fair few of his employees deserve billion dollar checks..for helping the company grow?

Sorry I just cannot go for the 'she worked for him so should get half his business' thing.

However I am against 50/50 splits in divorces anyway tbh. I believe whoever earned the money, keeps the money. Unless theres kids involved...

Also I do feel this guy was stupid not asking for a prenup. Its sad, but there are a lot of people out there after easy money, which marriage and subsequent divorce tends to be. I see prenups have been discussed already (had only read the OP before commenting) and I would have no problem signing a prenup at all..as I wouldn't be marrying for cash so why would I have an issue with it?

Sure, but those employees weren't married to them and probably didn't help him with the business privately. Plus, apparently she filed for divorce because he was having an affair. I don't feel too bad for the guy for losing money. 

#88 NeoVix

NeoVix
  • 152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:38 AM

"If my boyfriend suggested it to me, I would probably leave," she admits. "It's like you're planning for divorce. It signals that you think there's a positive probability for divorce."

I really don't think this at all. Its a sad reality that around 50% of marriages end in divorce, I would say a prenup (if you have needs for one, most couples don't really..) is being smart. I most definitely wouldn't leave a guy who asked me for one..if I was after his money I might, but to me...its not planning for divorce at all.

#89 Legitboi

Legitboi
  • 1040 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2015 - 05:15 AM

974 million isn't that small amounts..... i would say that the wifey is freaking greedy to the max..... if i will her.... i would just take it and start to invest on my own business. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users