Clearing HTS Items?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 psieks

psieks
  • 90 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2015 - 01:39 AM

I know the general idea of what makes an item ETS versus HTS and I generally avoid those over the HTS end of things. My question is: how do I sell these items without cutting my profit? One of the greatest factors in if an item is HTS is price. The lower the price, the greater the pool of people there is who are willing to purchase the item. How do I find balance? Recently I've managed to restock several items worth millions, but that levels out when I have to drop the price significantly in order to actually sell it. I'm still making a profit, but not what the item is worth. Items with a smaller profit percentage work differently. They sell faster, but some (a lot) are oddly specific.

Most of my high-value items that I have trouble selling are collectable keychains. Understandable, but Abrosia bought them because they were well over the amount requested. Other items within a more reasonable range are from Uni's and are super specific (as in exclusive to one pet) and are HTS for that reason in spite of being a more reasonable price. Another issue? Restocking food is hardly worth it unless it's a quest item or gourmet, so that would require a list.

All in all, how do I clear out my HTS items? I offer 20% off to resellers and bulk discounts on similar items. Is there any way to sell the items without having to do that? I could've had an 8M day today if I didn't have to cut down so much. So far I'm at about 500K while the rest is waiting to sell. Barely made a profit. I do realize that sometimes all I need is patience, but there are items that have previously been ETS from my legit days that just aren't selling any more. All advice is welcome, though I recognize that this could up competition between players.

#2 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2015 - 01:55 AM

Just patience, unless you need NPs, you can accept reseller offers (they alway pays 50% price HTS items, ande they have a very very very big patience)

Another way is doing "Fun auctions" and make a thread at trading neoboards, you can sell it very quick and get at least more than a reseller price

#3 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2015 - 02:03 AM

Maybe these three topics will answer your question  :) :

http://www.neocodex....ling-hts-items/

http://www.neocodex....-your-hts-junk/

http://www.neocodex....xpensive-items/

Edited by iKate, 31 May 2015 - 02:03 AM.

#4 psieks

psieks
  • 90 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:17 PM

The issue is I've got about 4M "worth" of items sitting in my pockets. I won't restock till they're gone because I don't wanna forget about them being there and ultimately LOSE money over them. So far I've been doing auctions. Some have gone way under market value, but others have gone more than 10K or more over because people got too aggressive. 

#5 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2015 - 02:26 AM

I have probably 50m worth of hts items. Can't do shit with them.

#6 Jibrille

Jibrille
  • 462 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2015 - 05:53 AM

The issue is I've got about 4M "worth" of items sitting in my pockets. I won't restock till they're gone because I don't wanna forget about them being there and ultimately LOSE money over them. So far I've been doing auctions. Some have gone way under market value, but others have gone more than 10K or more over because people got too aggressive. 

Why don't you make an excel plan with the items you have, how much you paid, how much they are worth now and how much you want for them? That's how I keep track of my SDB. You can also put dates, so you know when you bought the items :)

#7 psieks

psieks
  • 90 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2015 - 07:00 PM

That's what I did when I played legit! XD Guess I'm bringing that back.

#8 Torque

Torque
  • 411 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:47 PM

My only question is how did you make 500k and only "barely make a profit?"

#9 psieks

psieks
  • 90 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 June 2015 - 04:28 PM

It was "barely" a profit considering the amount spent that day on the pool of items. I'd only sold a few, so in the timeframe mentioned I'd only managed to prevent loss. There were other items from that day that were the actual profit, which was easily more than 1mil. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users