Quantcast

Photo

Tell me something bad that happened to you today.

• Please log in to reply
2269 replies to this topic

#251 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 15 July 2015 - 12:27 PM

Oh wow, for how long? Stationed there for work?

Yeah, they're training the Ukrainian Army, he's only gone for a couple weeks but there's a big tour coming up in 2016 that's supposed to be 6-12 months.

#252 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2015 - 12:48 PM

I bought a delicious looking orange cake only to find out it's sour.

#253 Grumpy

Grumpy
  • 234 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2015 - 05:27 PM

My burrito fell apart and I had to eat it with a knife and fork.

:(

Who does that?!

#254 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2015 - 05:58 PM

Teacher told me my layout sucked.

I told her how it sucked and she freaked out because I didn't use a method she never taught me. :p

#255 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2015 - 07:53 PM

I spent every moment I could today browsing amazon's prime day, and I found absolutely nothing of interest other than a roomba...which was too expensive.

#256 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2015 - 05:55 AM

I got sick last night and then couldn't sleep due to constant hot/cold flashes. 

today should be fun at work.

#257 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2015 - 06:03 AM

I spent every moment I could today browsing amazon's prime day, and I found absolutely nothing of interest other than a roomba...which was too expensive.

I thought about grabbing the Astro a50 headset for $240, but I eventually decided against it.

#258 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2015 - 07:13 AM

My neighbor is burning something and now my room smells like smoke. For the sixth time this month.

#259 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2015 - 08:00 AM

Got my first tooth filling. <_<

#260 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2015 - 09:18 AM

It's not exactly bad to me, but it's bad. Shit's about to go down in my town.

It all started when UPPs (peacemaker police units?) were implemented in my state's favelas (slum?). They arrested lots and lots of gangs, mostly drug dealers, and now they're all in peace, sorta. The problem is, the leftover gangs escaped from there and are now hidden in small towns (the favelas are all in the capital city, Rio de Janeiro, which has the same name as the state), including mine.

Crime rate is super high now because of that. We used to be a very peaceful town, now crime has no time. Even on crowded places.

This week things got worse. Our "favelas" (they're not the same thing, they're smaller than Rio's, but still dangerous) started "fighting" against each other and against the police. It's chaotic right now. But yesterday it got worse. Much worse.

It got so bad that the elite police units (?) are here. Eveywhere. It's really dangerous to go out until this is over. And God knows when this shit will be over.

I can't wait to go visit my family on another state next week.

#261 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2015 - 09:29 AM

I'm not sure if this is a good, or a bad thing yet...

I took Riley into the vet today to find out why she is constantly scratching. He said that he's not sure why she is scratching so much, because she doesn't have fleas, or mites. She was given a steroid shot to help reduce the inflammation of the areas with a rash, and if the itching/scratching doesn't go away within a few days then I'll have to get an allergy test done on her.

I really can't figure out what could be causing the irritation, but I have an idea what could be causing it all. The vet said allergies to food usually start at about 2 years of age, and Riley is about 2 years old now. So I guess she could be allergic to the food I feed her (4Health). BUT I fed her Blue Buffalo while I was in Wisconsin, and she was still having the same issue. My poor pup  :(, I just want to stay home and love her all day.

Also, the mosquito bites on my legs are turning into sores with pus coming out of them. I really don't even itch the damn things...I hate mosquitos.

#262 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2015 - 10:02 AM

Also, the mosquito bites on my legs are turning into sores with pus coming out of them. I really don't even itch the damn things...I hate mosquitos.

I have an unidentified massive sore nasty bug bite.

#263 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2015 - 10:21 AM

I took Riley into the vet today to find out why she is constantly scratching. He said that he's not sure why she is scratching so much, because she doesn't have fleas, or mites. She was given a steroid shot to help reduce the inflammation of the areas with a rash, and if the itching/scratching doesn't go away within a few days then I'll have to get an allergy test done on her.

I really can't figure out what could be causing the irritation, but I have an idea what could be causing it all. The vet said allergies to food usually start at about 2 years of age, and Riley is about 2 years old now. So I guess she could be allergic to the food I feed her (4Health). BUT I fed her Blue Buffalo while I was in Wisconsin, and she was still having the same issue. My poor pup  :(, I just want to stay home and love her all day.

What is/are the primary ingredients of those foods?

My lab can't eat any food that is primarily made up of corn or he will scratch nonstop.

Edited by talbs, 16 July 2015 - 10:21 AM.

#264 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2015 - 10:27 AM

My dog in Hawaii is allergic to everything. He's always got hives and is on meds. His medical bills are bigger than most humans.

He's on a strict diet of either sweet potatoes or rice and boiled chicken

#265 Grumpy

Grumpy
  • 234 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2015 - 07:25 PM

I spent the first half of the day in allergy HADES and had to work through it unmedicated.  Tearing eyes, dripping nose, congestion.  Add to that I was so flipping tired, omg.

Also, related to the above, my dog's allergic to life I think.  We give her 3 benadryl in a piece of cheese every few days and it seems to help, along with grain free food.  :(  It sounds like you're handling the food portion.  Is there any chance yours is allergic to something as benign as grass?

#266 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2015 - 06:16 AM

I fell asleep with something in my eye apparently and woke up around three with half my face swollen.

#267 Sehunie

Sehunie
  • 96 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 07:33 AM

I opened my Spring Gift Basket on a side and got two chocolate items out of it.

Just realised that basket is worth 1mil.

Good job, Kelly, good job..

#268 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2015 - 07:38 AM

I cut my left thumb with the bread knife again. I didn't notice until I saw a red sea all over kitchen counter, again.

It's the second time this happens in two weeks, and in the same place. Maybe I should just cut it off already and save me some trouble with all this blood spilling.

I don't know wtf is wrong with my fingers I can't seem to feel when I hurt them deep. Last month pierced the right middle finger's distal phalanx almost through and through with a needle and didn't feel a damn thing.

#269 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2015 - 07:43 AM

I cut my left thumb with the bread knife again. I didn't notice until I saw a red sea all over kitchen counter, again.
It's the second time this happens in two weeks, and in the same place. Maybe I should just cut it off already and save me some trouble with all this blood spilling.
I don't know wtf is wrong with my fingers I can't seem to feel when I hurt them deep. Last month pierced the right middle finger's distal phalanx almost through and through with a needle and didn't feel a damn thing.

No I think that's normal when you cut really deep, that's with me too. My teacher explained it once but I forgot what she said lol.

#270 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2015 - 08:06 AM

No I think that's normal when you cut really deep, that's with me too. My teacher explained it once but I forgot what she said lol.

That's interesting. I wonder why is that (you should ask your teacher again lol)? I notice when the injury is only superficial it hurts so much more than when it's a deep cut, like hit it somewhere it almost brings tears to my eyes xD

#271 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2015 - 08:09 AM

That's interesting. I wonder why is that (you should ask your teacher again lol)? I notice when the injury is only superficial it hurts so much more than when it's a deep cut, like hit it somewhere it almost brings tears to my eyes xD

https://m.reddit.com...much_more_than/

#272 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2015 - 08:15 AM

@talbs

The following is a list of the ingredients in the 4health Chicken & Rice dog food I feed her.

Chicken, chicken meal, cracked pearled barley, millet, brewers rice, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), dried plain beet pulp, natural chicken flavor, flaxseed, fish meal, potassium chloride, salt, choline chloride, dried chicory root, glucosamine hydrochloride, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, yucca schidigera extract, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate, manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, chondroitin sulfate, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, niacin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin, vitamin D supplement, folic acid.

Riley really seems to like 4Health, so I'm headed to the tractor supply company in a little bit to get her a small bag of a food without chicken or rice. Hopefully I can isolate the problem without having to take her in for more tests.

Sauce: http://www.tractorsu...-dogs-35-lb-bag

#273 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2015 - 08:18 AM

Eh, not really the same thing. :/ And the title actually says exactly the opposite of what I've been saying lol

I consider paper cuts superficial (compared to these ones my murderer bread knife does to me), but they don't hurt me, because the skin has a cut. I only hurts me when the skin is only damaged on the outside.

#274 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2015 - 08:29 AM

Eh, not really the same thing. :/ And the title actually says exactly the opposite of what I've been saying lol
I consider paper cuts superficial (compared to these ones my murderer bread knife does to me), but they don't hurt me, because the skin has a cut. I only hurts me when the skin is only damaged on the outside.

You said that when it's only superficial it hurts more than when it's deep, and the link I posted explain why... The top comments says that because when you cut superficially, the nerves have direct contact with the air, and that's what hives you pain. When it's a deep cut, you bleed, and that blood quickly covers the nerves from the air, so you don't feel the pain.

#275 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2015 - 08:37 AM

You said that when it's only superficial it hurts more than when it's deep, and the link I posted explain why... The top comments says that because when you cut superficially, the nerves have direct contact with the air, and that's what hives you pain. When it's a deep cut, you bleed, and that blood quickly covers the nerves from the air, so you don't feel the pain.

Yes, I got that blood covering nerves thingy and it makes some sense.

I was referring to this part of the title "Shouldn't a smaller cut be less painful?" in my last post. Maybe I should have cleared that up. :p

Cuts don't hurt me, but if I hit my finger on a hard surface it's really really bad.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users