Quantcast

Photo

Tell me something bad that happened to you today.

• Please log in to reply
2269 replies to this topic

#176 Sadist

Sadist
  • 115 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:07 PM

My boyfriend called and said he may be getting suspended for calling out his upper management. I freaking hate managers who are always on a power trip.

#177 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:17 PM

Horrible... Horrible...... Sunburn x.x

#178 Wanderlust

Wanderlust
  • 27 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:08 PM

Got knocked down on the HS list on a game I played legitimately nonetheless. Would have received a gold trophy, but now I'm getting silver :/. It's not the worst thing that can happen though, thankfully.

#179 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:34 PM

Turns out I've been breaking a rule I didn't know about for years. Guess I'm not as legit as I thought I was.

...idk...I'm irrationally upset by this. I feel...tricked?

#180 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:12 AM

Had an absolutely amazing day yesterday but now that I've woken up this morning, my entire body hates me. So. Sore.

#181 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:32 AM

My dad's an asshole. 

I've been staying with him for the past week due to the extreme heat we're having and my old apartment not having air conditioning and being all around miserable and unbearable to be in..  (I ordered one and it hasn't arrived yet).

I'm going back home tonight and am going risk heat stroke for me and my cats instead of  being around him right now.

I'm also going away this weekend and was going to ask him to watch my boys but knowing him he'd keep them locked up the whole time. I just hope they can handle this weekend alone in my apartment before we start to cool down next week, and I don't come home to dead cats.

I may be a little dramatic but it's what I do.

#182 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2015 - 08:46 AM

I was just in a train where I could hear two grown men gossiping about me, lol. It doesn't really phase me, I have a pretty thick skin, but it's sad to realize that some people will go out of their way to piss on someone at least 20 years younger than them, or anyone for that matter. It hasn't even been the first time it happened to me, lol. Apparently my appearance just makes some people want to punch me in the face or something lol.

It went a little like this: here we have special silent compartments, and those men were making noise. Talking loudly, making jokes, laughing, et cetera. Now seriously, I couldn't have cared any less about that. I had my music in my ear and was just sitting there waiting to get home. After some minutes, I can see on of them pointing at me and bending over and lowering his voice, but I could still hear him, saying "That lady over there is giving us such vile looks, I bet she wants us to shut up." to which the other guy laughed and said "Hah, I'd love to see her try." I don't think they realized there's such a thing as resting bitch face :') They went on to make (relatively innocent) jokes about me while I just ignored them, because I literally had nothing against them or their noise. But their jokes eventually kinda escalated and they started commenting on me personally, on my appearance, and on my weight, with remarks like "Lol, could that shirt have been any bigger?" and other degrading stuff. Again, I couldn't give two shits about what strangers think about my appearance even if I tried, but just the fact that they were being so rude for no reason really baffled me. Rather sad experience, really.

#183 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:43 AM

(story story story)

Fuck ALL of that. Clearly they're a pair of insecure fuckheads who have nothing better to do than attempt to pick apart a stranger on public transportation. I'm glad you say it doesn't phase you, because it shouldn't. You're fucking awesome and I LOVE your style and personality.

#184 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2015 - 01:12 PM

Fuck ALL of that. Clearly they're a pair of insecure fuckheads who have nothing better to do than attempt to pick apart a stranger on public transportation. I'm glad you say it doesn't phase you, because it shouldn't. You're fucking awesome and I LOVE your style and personality.

Aww you're really such a doll <3 Honestly I'm a weird kind of happy it happened to me and that they didn't pick some super fragile girl. They really don't seem to realize how much damage they could be doing to someone with "just words" :/

#185 FelisNoctua

FelisNoctua
  • 657 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2015 - 01:37 PM

Well, it was yesterday, but I've been AWOL. And the bad news is, so is my brother. Parole AWOL. Greeeeeat.

#186 tylerta98

tylerta98
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 01:45 PM

the only bad thing that happened to me is that I woke up late today, at 1 pm lol

#187 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:34 PM

My sister poked a hole in an egg I was going to eat and it was all gross and smelly :(

#188 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2015 - 08:57 AM

780359cbf627a2f83ead02a8ceac5bf3.png

... it gave me the worst bitch-mood I've ever had in years.

#189 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2015 - 03:12 PM

Missed Double Printed Evil Fuzzle Stamp: Sold out. (Est. Profit: 16978605 NP)

Fuck you.

#190 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2015 - 08:02 AM

This is more of a general complaint than something specific that happened to me today.

Lately, I've been getting nasty headaches after drinking very small quantities of alcohol. It doesn't matter if it's wine, beer, or hard liquor. Even having just 1-2 drinks can result in a pounding headache, which starts within a couple hours of drinking, and can sometimes last for 24 hours. It's been very difficult for me to go out and drink casually over the course of an evening, because I usually begin to feel crappy as soon as I start to sober up from my first drink or two, and I can't just drink continuously because then I'll really get sick. I've been drinking since I was 15, so I'm no stranger to normal hangovers, but this is different. I've made it a point to try drinking more water, and will continue to do so, but because this is such a recent thing and the onset of my headaches is so sudden, I'm wondering if I've developed a sensitivity of some sort. I really hope I don't have to give up alcohol completely. :/

Edit: I just talked to my mom, and she suggested I might be getting migraines. It makes sense, especially because my headaches are sometimes accompanied by nausea and light sensitivity, and they last for so long. Ugh.

#191 Nikiforov

Nikiforov
  • 125 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2015 - 02:22 PM

I keep letting a manipulative ex back into my life. I know that they are not a good person and I had to break it off completely (no friendship, no contact, no nothing) but they called me on the phone crying and I caved because I have a soft spot for when others are sad. :/

And the worst part is I bet they know that and they were purposefully crying to make me feel guilt, but I fell for it anyway and now they want to see me in a few days. I don't know how I'm going to say no.. ugh.

This is more of a general complaint than something specific that happened to me today.

Lately, I've been getting nasty headaches after drinking very small quantities of alcohol. It doesn't matter if it's wine, beer, or hard liquor. Even having just 1-2 drinks can result in a pounding headache, which starts within a couple hours of drinking, and can sometimes last for 24 hours. It's been very difficult for me to go out and drink casually over the course of an evening, because I usually begin to feel crappy as soon as I start to sober up from my first drink or two, and I can't just drink continuously because then I'll really get sick. I've been drinking since I was 15, so I'm no stranger to normal hangovers, but this is different. I've made it a point to try drinking more water, and will continue to do so, but because this is such a recent thing and the onset of my headaches is so sudden, I'm wondering if I've developed a sensitivity of some sort. I really hope I don't have to give up alcohol completely. :/

Edit: I just talked to my mom, and she suggested I might be getting migraines. It makes sense, especially because my headaches are sometimes accompanied by nausea and light sensitivity, and they last for so long. Ugh.

this is kind of a long shot but does it happen with any kind of drinking, or specific drinks? when I turned about 20 I, out of nowhere, developed a sensitivity to tannins and drinking even a little bit of wine would give me a pounding headache and terrible hangovers. Mixed drinks and beer were still fine, I didn't realize it was related until I read that it's actually pretty common to have some sort of sensitivity to tannins (though not always so extreme, some people just get really flushed or get a slight headache etc).

#192 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2015 - 04:03 PM

this is kind of a long shot but does it happen with any kind of drinking, or specific drinks? when I turned about 20 I, out of nowhere, developed a sensitivity to tannins and drinking even a little bit of wine would give me a pounding headache and terrible hangovers. Mixed drinks and beer were still fine, I didn't realize it was related until I read that it's actually pretty common to have some sort of sensitivity to tannins (though not always so extreme, some people just get really flushed or get a slight headache etc).

Nope, it happens when I drink in general. My aunt has a similar allergy/sensitivity, which is why I initially thought that could be it, but I think migraines actually make more sense in my case.

#193 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2015 - 04:34 PM

I keep letting a manipulative ex back into my life. I know that they are not a good person and I had to break it off completely (no friendship, no contact, no nothing) but they called me on the phone crying and I caved because I have a soft spot for when others are sad. :/

And the worst part is I bet they know that and they were purposefully crying to make me feel guilt, but I fell for it anyway and now they want to see me in a few days. I don't know how I'm going to say no.. ugh.

:( I hope you find a way to say no *hugs*

#194 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:32 AM

My sunburn hurts so bad I can't sit down.

#195 Gnome

Gnome
  • Alpha As Fuck

• 1054 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2015 - 01:43 PM

Getting pulled over as I type this. Yolo!!

#196 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2015 - 01:47 PM

Getting pulled over as I type this. Yolo!!

Why are you getting pulled over? Is it for using your phone while driving?

#197 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2015 - 06:58 PM

So not only is my car dead but my bike has a flat tire so looks like I'll be walking to work tomorrow . Can something please go my way.

#198 Michaelhex

Michaelhex
  • 1018 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2015 - 07:51 PM

Hectic weekend and this morning, my alarm clock didn't go off. Woke up late and rushed to the toilet to find that I'm out of toothpaste urrgh. Then had to rushed out of bathroom and find the toothpaste which took me a whole 5 mins. Oh why is it that when I want something bad, it's not always there. But when I really wanted it, couldn't even find it with ease.

Went to catch a cab, long line. Went for the train, packed like a can of sardines :p Gladly, got to the office 5 mins before 9 a.m.

#199 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:03 AM

I'm still breathing

#200 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:06 AM