• Please log in to reply
619 replies to this topic

#501 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2016 - 01:40 AM

FTFY

I don't think the rest of the world needs to worry unless or until the national polls suggest he stands a chance of winning the presidency. :p As it stands his highest poll rating is only fractionally higher than Hillary's lowest while Hillary's highest is way above his highest. I wouldn't be surprised if she won by close to 10 percentage points but he'll no doubt claim some kind of conspiracy against him if he loses.

#502 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2016 - 04:31 PM

#503 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:48 AM

I guess the DNC in Maine has abolished superdelegates for their state and superdelegate votes will be given proportionate to popular vote.

http://usuncut.com/p...elegate-system/

#504 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:33 PM

I saw a quote doing it's rounds on Facebook pointing out that Democrats are praising Republicans who refuse to vote for their party nominee while condemning Democrats for doing the same thing.

#505 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:36 PM

That's it 

everyone move to Canada

Spoiler

#506 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2016 - 05:56 AM

JILL STEIN 2016

#ImWithHer #NoNotHer

#507 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2016 - 06:48 AM

How about we all just vote for whoever we want without any stigma attached? 

That would be too much like right

That's it 

everyone move to Canada

Spoiler

Well then I'll fit right in being from Southern California where everything gets set on fire every summer.

#508 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2016 - 10:41 AM

How about we all just vote for whoever we want without any stigma attached?

Bollocks, you take personal responsibility for anything an elected official does, when you vote for them. Which is why any conservative voter is pure scum in my opinion.

#509 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2016 - 10:54 AM

Bollocks, you take personal responsibility for anything an elected official does, when you vote for them. Which is why any conservative voter is pure scum in my opinion.

I think it's perfectly fine to criticize people for voting in scum but at the same time it makes no sense to criticize people for not voting for people they don't want to vote for. Like it basically takes away a persons choice to tell them "you need to vote for my candidate or else"

#510 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2016 - 11:29 AM

True, it's unfair to criticise people for not voting or not voting for a particular party/candidate, but that's an entirely different issue.

#511 DonValentino

DonValentino

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2016 - 11:41 AM

As long as the people not voting have a good reason. 

#512 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2016 - 05:33 PM

Someone (I know Lupe has said this too) once said they didn't vote because 'if you played a game with someone and they cheated all the time you would stop playing their game.'

I used to despise when people didn't vote and how people don't appreciate their ability to vote. Things aren't quite so black and white though.

#513 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2016 - 07:14 PM

I don't think this has been posted yet, and I it feels more relevant than ever.

Spoiler

Also, can't you vote blank instead of not voting?

#514 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2016 - 07:18 PM

I don't think this has been posted yet, and I it feels more relevant than ever.

Spoiler

Also, can't you vote blank instead of not voting?

Yeah you can just leave it blank or write in a 3rd party candidate. This sucks because I really don't like Hillary but I can't survive a President Trump, racists are already getting bold as fuck just from him running. If he wins I can easily see all hell breaking loose.

#515 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2016 - 08:33 PM

Yeah you can just leave it blank or write in a 3rd party candidate. This sucks because I really don't like Hillary but I can't survive a President Trump, racists are already getting bold as fuck just from him running. If he wins I can easily see all hell breaking loose.

Bernie can always run as independent

#516 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2016 - 08:48 PM

Someone (I know Lupe has said this too) once said they didn't vote because 'if you played a game with someone and they cheated all the time you would stop playing their game.'
I used to despise when people didn't vote and how people don't appreciate their ability to vote. Things aren't quite so black and white though.

Thiss basically. Not voting / not voting validly is a choice too which I don't think people should be shamed or condemned for.

After all, a single vote never affected things, it's collectives/ sufficiently big and/or influential groups of people that affect any result. (This is an individualistic view however...but perhaps pertinent right now...)

I think it might also be pertinent to note though. That null or blank votes might support a Trump election result. And more votes to an independent candidate might do the same too. After all if you split the vote and it's first past the post the winner will be whoever can canvas the remaining vote pool the most. And I think Trump has shown tremendous strength so far, way more than anyone else or than almost anyone expected, of doing that. That's why we have this current situation after all - Trump is polarising, has off-putting views and policies, and has outraged so many parties buuttt he has out-politiked every politician and prominent figure so far and thus got alway almost scot-free each time.

Frankly I don't see any solution for you guys (not that anyone asked me or anything), basically you're fucked and protest votes are only a consolation you have right now..

#517 DonValentino

DonValentino

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2016 - 09:06 PM

After all, a single vote never affected things, it's collectives/ sufficiently big and/or influential groups of people that affect any result. (This is an individualistic view however...but perhaps pertinent right now...)

This isn't true. As an ordinary citizen, your single vote is the greatest contribution you can make to your country. 

But here's a literal list of how that's not true: https://en.wikipedia...lection_results

I'm not going to save this country from a Trump presidency. Hilary Clinton has shown me no reason as to why I should support her with my vote, so I'm not going to vote for her. This doesn't mean I support Trump or want him to win. But if more people vote for him than her, that's her own damn fault. 

#518 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2016 - 09:21 PM

The idea that a single vote doesn't matter is one of the biggest myths and easiest ways to downplay your individual place in your democratic society.

#519 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2016 - 10:24 PM

This isn't true. As an ordinary citizen, your single vote is the greatest contribution you can make to your country. 
But here's a literal list of how that's not true: https://en.wikipedia...lection_results

Oooo, actual margins of 1 vote. Interesting! I doubt the US presidential election will go that way, but regardless I can't say this list was something I was aware of before, so thanks for that!

I'm not actually trying to influence people not to vote or anything by the way. Nonono, please go ahead and turn out. It's more that, with regards to politics, I tend to identify more with George Carlin's view of things. Buutt he's basically the kind who's like "the systems fucked, screw it and stay at home". Whereas I'm sensing you guys miight be more into, like, actual civic responsibility and alls. On that note I think I should maybe not continue then perhaps oops. :p

Edited by DonJunjie, 08 May 2016 - 10:26 PM.

#520 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2016 - 11:56 PM

Whereas I'm sensing you guys miight be more into, like, actual civic responsibility and alls. On that note I think I should maybe not continue then perhaps oops. :p

Voting for me is a very VERY small step down to anarchist riots and witch hunts.

I vote out of desperation.

#521 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2016 - 12:06 AM

Sshh I'm not talking about you @Kelvin ~ ;P

#522 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2016 - 12:23 AM

Sshh I'm not talking about you @Kelvin ~ ;P

You cannot deny me the often misunderstood and miscontextualized right of a Murican to say whatever I want, whenever I want, falsely disguised as freedom of speech. 

#523 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2016 - 12:36 AM

You cannot deny me the often misunderstood and miscontextualized right of a Murican to say whatever I want, whenever I want, falsely disguised as freedom of speech.

I heartily agree with this right, actually, and would actually not deny it to you. You might notice how I took advantage of it, despite not actually being Murican, to suddenly talk about how everyone is doomed or something like that out of the blue in this thread.

Goshh it's kind of fun isn't it?

Like it's fun to ssh you and then claim not to deny your right to speech. xP xD

#524 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2016 - 05:23 AM

Bernie can always run as independent

He already said that he wouldn't and he's gonna support the party nominee :(

#525 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:28 AM

What I read from that list is that Canadians are so nice they intentionally try to give each candidate an equal amount of votes so as not to upset either of them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users