Posted 09 May 2016 - 08:57 AM

He already said that he wouldn't and he's gonna support the party nominee :(

As he should.

#527 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2016 - 10:12 AM

I am definitely going to vote 3rd party. Or I will write in a candidate that is not running who I think would be best fit for president. I refuse to vote for either scumbag that is running with the R or D next to their name, as they are both terrible people (and I think they would be terrible leaders). So, my vote for president wont make a difference in the outcome of who is the president (because it will assuredly be one of those two assholes) but I hope in some small way it shows our disappointment in our nominees, and opens a door for a possible future of a non 2 party system. Because the fact that you have to vote R or D every year is ridiculous. And people just do it because they are dems or repubs, when if they did their research, they would realize (for instance) that Trump is in no way associated with the republicans political ideologies, just the GOP primaries were enough of a fustercluck to get in, whereas he wouldn't have stood a chance in the DNC (bc there were 2 viable candidates plus 3 longshots [actually, Bernie started as a long-shot too...] from the start, rather than 20+ mediocre candidates). I just hate how divisive the 2 party system is. People who scream "IF YOU DON'T VOTE FOR THIS PERSON THAN YOUR GIVING A VOTE TO THIS PERSON" are trying to steal our democracy and ruin our republic. #damnfacebookformakingmesopissedihadtoranthere

#528 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2016 - 11:55 AM

Kill me

http://www.cnn.com/2...team/index.html

#529 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2016 - 12:47 PM

Lol acting like the president has any actual power. Dw about it, even Bernie would have sold out to the transnational corporations eventually.

#530 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2016 - 01:06 PM

What I read from that list is that Canadians are so nice they intentionally try to give each candidate an equal amount of votes so as not to upset either of them.

You've learned our ways. We must go underground.

Lol acting like the president has any actual power. Dw about it, even Bernie would have sold out to the transnational corporations eventually.

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  Except he's had every opportunity to thus far and still hasn't.

Aren't you a ray of optimism.

#531 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2016 - 02:02 PM

At this point I think it's important to start focusing on the more local races. Congress seats, Mayors, etc so even if things aren't going to get done at a national level we can get things done on a local level. I'm really hoping we get some representatives willing to tackle the dominance of slumlords in this city.

#532 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2016 - 02:37 PM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Except he's had every opportunity to thus far and still hasn't.

Every man has a weakness, Bernies is old age. You think Bernie will overhaul a massively corrupt system that has overthrown legitimate democracies to enshrine their own puppets?

You think Bernie will shut down corporate loopholes and lobbyists when the very people he needs to support him, are bought and owned by transnational corporations?

You think Bernie will single handly destroy a systematic regime that has hundreds of centuries, trillions of dollars and multiple countries, companies and literally millions of followers help build?

The youth of today are so naive. When people are, well fed, healthy and have their distractions, why would they support someone looking for dramatic change.

Bernie came third in a two horse race behind a lying, corporate sell out and a man who epitomises literal nationalistic/capitalistic ideologies that America used to stand against.

But no, you're right "yay Bernie won a state against Clinton's 49".

America has 52 states and not one of them has had a massive (like 90%+) turn out. Disgusting.

#533 DonValentino

DonValentino

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2016 - 04:48 PM

@ Frizzle What is your point? That we shouldn't support Bernie because the odds are against us? Young people are naive because "things are the way they are"? That we have low voter turnout? What are you suggesting? Or are you just complaining?

#534 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2016 - 04:55 PM

I would usually support @ Frizzle 's positions more, having said my own political views you might find that they align with them quite neatly.

That said I dont thiink the real thing about Bernie is, like, his actual practical workability to dismantle the whole system riight here right now though?

I think the point in having or supporting Bernie right now, is more of like, continuing to have certain ideals and principles alive & quite visibly being supported in such times. The Clinton vs Trump times, I mean.

Why not have that now, even if he doesn't really have much practical chance of succeeding with the system right now? Or do you find that it gives false hope or something (genuinely trying to relate here given that you said you're a nihilist)

#535 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2016 - 05:30 PM

At this point I think it's important to start focusing on the more local races. Congress seats, Mayors, etc so even if things aren't going to get done at a national level we can get things done on a local level. I'm really hoping we get some representatives willing to tackle the dominance of slumlords in this city.

This is why it is important to go out and vote even though clinton and trump are both dongbags. You don't have to vote for one of them, but there are dozens of people in your community and state that need your vote. Research your local candidates and effect change!

#536 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2016 - 10:00 PM

Your statement claiming that presidents have no power is overly simplistic and needlessly cynical.

Well no shit, it's a paragraph on an neopets cheating website. Were you expecting a 20 page essay on the conflicting powers between the legislative, judiciary and executive offices?

A president is still only one person of a very large organisation, you're over-exaggerated version of his powers remind me of a 15 year olds "why I love the USA" essay.

@ Frizzle What is your point? That we shouldn't support Bernie because the odds are against us? Young people are naive because "things are the way they are"? That we have low voter turnout? What are you suggesting? Or are you just complaining?

That Sanders is too weak to overthrow a system? That the vast majority of Sanders supporters are lazy and couldn't even be bothered to vote? That the vast, complex and overseeing American political system is inherently corrupt and you're rights and living standards have slowly been eroded away and you all just sat there, doing and saying nothing.

Bernie was a fluttering idea in the history of American politics. It's the same across most countries. Apathy and laziness run supreme.

#537 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2016 - 04:56 PM

I am definitely going to vote 3rd party. Or I will write in a candidate that is not running who I think would be best fit for president. I refuse to vote for either scumbag that is running with the R or D next to their name, as they are both terrible people (and I think they would be terrible leaders). So, my vote for president wont make a difference in the outcome of who is the president (because it will assuredly be one of those two assholes) but I hope in some small way it shows our disappointment in our nominees, and opens a door for a possible future of a non 2 party system. Because the fact that you have to vote R or D every year is ridiculous. And people just do it because they are dems or repubs, when if they did their research, they would realize (for instance) that Trump is in no way associated with the republicans political ideologies, just the GOP primaries were enough of a fustercluck to get in, whereas he wouldn't have stood a chance in the DNC (bc there were 2 viable candidates plus 3 longshots [actually, Bernie started as a long-shot too...] from the start, rather than 20+ mediocre candidates). I just hate how divisive the 2 party system is. People who scream "IF YOU DON'T VOTE FOR THIS PERSON THAN YOUR GIVING A VOTE TO THIS PERSON" are trying to steal our democracy and ruin our republic. #damnfacebookformakingmesopissedihadtoranthere

Who are you going to vote for then? Might as well all go for the same person.

My county/city is all jacked up, so I refused to vote for anyone listed and wrote my dad in for everything.

Explain to me this "15 year olds 'why I love the USA' essay" stereotype that apparently exists. It seems that I do not associate myself with such asininely jingoistic colleagues. 

​And... have I fulfilled the pretentious part of my user title?

I embody this stereotype.

#538 DonValentino

DonValentino

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2016 - 05:08 PM

That Sanders is too weak to overthrow a system? That the vast majority of Sanders supporters are lazy and couldn't even be bothered to vote? That the vast, complex and overseeing American political system is inherently corrupt and you're rights and living standards have slowly been eroded away and you all just sat there, doing and saying nothing.

Bernie was a fluttering idea in the history of American politics. It's the same across most countries. Apathy and laziness run supreme.

I don't agree with that. I think we've seen a great turnout for Bernie, every supporter I've met or worked with in town or on campus has been excited to vote, and did so. He has crushed Hillary in his demographic. 

I guess my problem with your whole thing is that you say the system is corrupt, and we're letting it happen, but then here are people rallying around someone to change the system, and you say well that's naive since he can't do anything.

#539 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2016 - 06:00 PM

Yeah it's pretty ridiculous to say they've been too lazy to turn out to vote when Bernie went from polling at 4% to where he is today. Clearly that shows how motivated his base truly is.

#540 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2016 - 06:35 PM

Who are you going to vote for then? Might as well all go for the same person.

My county/city is all jacked up, so I refused to vote for anyone listed and wrote my dad in for everything.

I embody this stereotype.

idk yet. Once it comes closer, (actually, probably after my boards on friday) I am going to research more candidates. I like the idea of spreading the word to friends to back a person that holds your beliefs rather than just who is backed by your party. I hate that the people have little control other than choosing between a dem or repub. That isn't very good representation.

(Though, to have a more open field, we would need a much more educated electorate, which is really doubtful, which is sad). 

#541 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2016 - 06:41 PM

I read an article on cracked today that told me I'm not the only person who came to the conclusion trump was planted so Hilary would win.

#542 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2016 - 08:24 PM

I read an article on cracked today that told me I'm not the only person who came to the conclusion trump was planted so Hilary would win.

I have thought this before. But I thought I was just a crazy conspiracy theorist. MOON LANDING WASN"T REALLLLL!!!! But, most of me thinks Trump is way too much of a narcissist to purposefully lose.

#543 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2016 - 08:33 PM

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  Except he's had every opportunity to thus far and still hasn't.

You know the USD printer (Federal Reserve) is privately-owned. Who was the last one to actively challenge Federal Reserve's printing rights? JFK. And you know what happened to him.

Edited by jinq, 10 May 2016 - 08:34 PM.

#544 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2016 - 03:04 AM

Explain to me this "15 year olds 'why I love the USA' essay" stereotype that apparently exists. It seems that I do not associate myself with such asininely jingoistic colleagues.

​And... have I fulfilled the pretentious part of my user title?

Because it's emotive based language instead of cognitive rational thought.

I don't agree with that. I think we've seen a great turnout for Bernie, every supporter I've met or worked with in town or on campus has been excited to vote, and did so. He has crushed Hillary in his demographic.

I guess my problem with your whole thing is that you say the system is corrupt, and we're letting it happen, but then here are people rallying around someone to change the system, and you say well that's naive since he can't do anything.

Yes, a small amount of Sanders supports are working their socks off, yet you're still being demolished state after state.

You have a 2nd amendment right, might be time to use it.

#545 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2016 - 03:13 AM

@Jess @Kaddict What if he was originally a plant who then went "Waaiitt a sec I can totes go all the way this year" or something

#546 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2016 - 03:57 AM

As much as I love Bernie and hope he wins, I think @ Frizzle is right. It's not going to be easy to change a vastly corrupt political machine that has been finely tuned for decades to work the way it does. Bernie may have started shit but he sure as fuck won't be able to end it. That being said, we should try to change things if we can. But ultimately, we will fall just as Rome did. It is inevitable for every nation. 

I probably won't vote if Bernie doesn't take the nomination though. I just don't think I really have it in me to vote for either Hillary or Trump. And 3rd party votes are pretty pointless, in my opinion.

#547 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:25 AM

idk yet. Once it comes closer, (actually, probably after my boards on friday) I am going to research more candidates.

Worth checking out this guy.

#548 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:57 AM

Worth checking out this guy.

I actually like a lot of what this guy says on his front page. A couple of things I think wouldn't work/or would just be nightmareishly messy. Like, I think drugs still need schedules, if for nothing else, for doctors prescribing them and for patients to know the inherent dangers of the lower scheduled drugs. But I like him so far. 

#549 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2016 - 08:00 AM

I actually like a lot of what this guy says on his front page. A couple of things I think wouldn't work/or would just be nightmareishly messy. Like, I think drugs still need schedules, if for nothing else, for doctors prescribing them and for patients to know the inherent dangers of the lower scheduled drugs. But I like him so far. 

Can you explain the point of scheduling substances for doctors? Drug information is still available for doctors, patients and pharmacists. 

#550 DonValentino

DonValentino

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2016 - 10:19 AM

Yes, a small amount of Sanders supports are working their socks off, yet you're still being demolished state after state.

You have a 2nd amendment right, might be time to use it.

I don't agree. We lost by a lot in most of the southern states because Clinton has name recognition; a lot of southern Democrats like Bill. Bernie, I think, actually has more lopsided wins in his favor percentage wise, unfortunately most of those states did not give a lot of delegates (http://www.nytimes.c...nd-results.html). I think this is a very energized base and I don't think us losing right now has to do with laziness or apathy on our side, more just the fact that a year ago no one had any idea who Bernie Sanders was. It was a huge uphill battle against a very established politician, and I'm proud of how far we've come. Obviously, I wish we were winning, but we're doing what we can. 

As much as I love Bernie and hope he wins, I think @ Frizzle is right. It's not going to be easy to change a vastly corrupt political machine that has been finely tuned for decades to work the way it does. Bernie may have started shit but he sure as fuck won't be able to end it. That being said, we should try to change things if we can. But ultimately, we will fall just as Rome did. It is inevitable for every nation. 

What are you even trying to say here? You're hedging your bets by saying "oh yeah, I hope he wins, but he probably won't and it's actually inevitable that he'll fail." This is the kind of shit that I don't like, and sounds like the kind of voter Frizzle is talking about even though he sounds like one himself. "We should try to change things if we can?" What do you think we're doing? Obviously there are issues with our democracy, that's why we're trying to change it. Talking like that is so defeatist it makes me mad. If you aren't actively fighting for change, then you don't really believe in it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users