• Please log in to reply
619 replies to this topic

#576 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2016 - 07:23 PM

are you kidding me with these news reports that Hillary has secured the nomination?

Counting pledged super delegates, she has.

#577 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2016 - 07:30 PM

Counting pledged super delegates, she has.

Considering they don't vote until the convention, she hasn't. 

#578 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2016 - 07:48 PM

Considering they don't vote until the convention, she hasn't. 

I'm sure she has either paid them off, or promised all of them some sort of tax cut. I feel like Bernie can't buy supporters.

#579 DonValentino

DonValentino

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2016 - 10:45 AM

Just made possibly my last facebook post for Bernie :'(

Yesterday's premature crowning of Hillary Clinton as the Democratic nominee is a perfect example of why Bernie Sander's supporters want him to stay in the race. Reporters and supporters of hers have continually treated Sanders, and by extension his supporters, as little more than a thorn in her side on her way to her inevitable nomination. They've called for him to drop out in order to unify the Democratic party, but what they apparently fail to understand is that we see the party as flawed. The way this election has been handled has laid bare the errors in our system, and we see Senator Sanders as the candidate who best reflects our views on this matter. We want him to run as long as possible because the differences between Sanders and Clinton are great enough that voting for her is a difficult premise, and is not something I'll blindly do just because the Democratic party tells me to. 
If Hillary secures enough delegates (NOT superdelegates, who haven't voted yet) before the convention, then she is the Democratic candidate. I won't fight that. But as a wise man once said, "It ain't over till it's over."

#580 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 June 2016 - 02:02 PM

Yesterday's premature crowning of Hillary Clinton as the Democratic nominee is a perfect example of why Bernie Sander's supporters want him to stay in the race. Reporters and supporters of hers have continually treated Sanders, and by extension his supporters, as little more than a thorn in her side on her way to her inevitable nomination. They've called for him to drop out in order to unify the Democratic party, but what they apparently fail to understand is that we see the party as flawed. The way this election has been handled has laid bare the errors in our system, and we see Senator Sanders as the candidate who best reflects our views on this matter. We want him to run as long as possible because the differences between Sanders and Clinton are great enough that voting for her is a difficult premise, and is not something I'll blindly do just because the Democratic party tells me to. 
If Hillary secures enough delegates (NOT superdelegates, who haven't voted yet) before the convention, then she is the Democratic candidate. I won't fight that. But as a wise man once said, "It ain't over till it's over."

#StillSanders

#581 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2016 - 01:37 AM

It's so annoying to me that whenever I bring up a legitimate critique of Hillary all I get from her supporters is "SO YOU WANT TRUMP TO WIN?" or "YOU THINK TRUMP WOULD BE BETTER?" or some variation of using Trump to fear-monger.

#582 DonValentino

DonValentino

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2016 - 05:26 PM

Oh how the turn tables

#583 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2016 - 06:13 PM

It's so annoying to me that whenever I bring up a legitimate critique of Hillary all I get from her supporters is "SO YOU WANT TRUMP TO WIN?" or "YOU THINK TRUMP WOULD BE BETTER?" or some variation of using Trump to fear-monger.

My dad does this when I criticize Trump. "SO YOU WANT HILLARY TO WIN?" No, dad, it's just Trump can do everything but the one thing I want someone to.

#584 Swim

Swim
  • 547 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2016 - 07:14 PM

Jeez this twitter war between trump and hillary tho ;)

https://ca.news.yaho...-203600820.html

#585 LostinSpace

LostinSpace
  • 173 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 01:19 PM

My dad does this when I criticize Trump. "SO YOU WANT HILLARY TO WIN?" No, dad, it's just Trump can do everything but the one thing I want someone to.

What is the one thing you want a president to accomplish?  For me, the biggest issue is our bloated debt.  Doesn't anyone know how to balance a checkbook??

#586 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 June 2016 - 01:22 PM

What is the one thing you want a president to accomplish?  For me, the biggest issue is our bloated debt.  Doesn't anyone know how to balance a checkbook??

Fix/repeal Obamacare. I realize it helped loads and loads of people and I get that. But there's loads and loads it hurt instead.

#587 DonValentino

DonValentino

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 June 2016 - 02:58 PM

#588 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 June 2016 - 03:11 PM

My mom decided today she's voting for Hillary because "she might be a criminal but at least we know it and who knows what trump's done" that's not a valid reason

#589 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 June 2016 - 04:56 PM

My mom decided today she's voting for Hillary because "she might be a criminal but at least we know it and who knows what trump's done" that's not a valid reason

That logic to me = "I like this prisoner, because even though he is a pedophile rapist, at least we all know it-- whereas I don't know whether or not this random dude on the street is a rapist or not."

#590 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 June 2016 - 04:56 PM

That logic to me = "I like this prisoner, because even though he is a pedophile rapist, at least we all know it-- whereas I don't know whether or not this random dude on the street is a rapist or not."

That's exactly how I took it.

#591 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2016 - 01:36 PM

"Assange said the leaked emails revealed that she overrode the Pentagon’s reluctance to overthrow sovereign Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi in 2011, and that “they predicted the post-war outcome would be what it is, which is ISIS taking over the country.”"

https://www.rt.com/u...on-assange-fbi/

Loretta Lynch isn't going to indict Hillary but I'm still here for this scalding hot tea.

#592 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2016 - 06:45 PM

Lol @ this meaningless hyperbole

Why is that your biggest issue? This quora page has a good overview of the topic, and why it doesn't matter as much as you might think it does.

#593 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:09 AM

Not so simple. To achieve that, the United States would have to either raise taxes or cut programs, both extremely popular. So, how do you balance a checkbook when no one in Washington actually wants to do so?
How would you fix Obamacare? Just curious.

I hate to say this, but make it standardized across the nation, raise the max amount you can make before being penalized, take out everything that isn't directly related to healthcare and/or repeal it entirely and start over. It could've been really successful and worked well. 

#594 DonValentino

DonValentino

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2016 - 04:32 PM

https://berniesanders.com/stream/

#595 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 June 2016 - 12:46 PM

I hate to say this, but make it standardized across the nation, raise the max amount you can make before being penalized, take out everything that isn't directly related to healthcare and/or repeal it entirely and start over. It could've been really successful and worked well. 

Yeah they definitely need to raise the amounts it takes to be penalized because there are so many people who don't make enough to afford healthcare but also make too much to be covered under Medicaid. Plus there are states that still refuse to pass the medicaid expansion and they're leaving millions of people fucked. But then again if the law just made states do it they'd be sued for ~government overreach~ or whatever.

I don't understand why we can't have universal healthcare like every other developed nation.

#596 DonValentino

DonValentino

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:54 AM

GG Hillary you win

#597 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:57 AM

GG Hillary you win

I wonder who she paid off.

#598 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2016 - 08:47 AM

I love how Hillary just casually borrowed Bernie's affordable tuition plan after arguing that it was unrealistic for damn near a year.

#599 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2016 - 08:56 AM

I love how Hillary just casually borrowed Bernie's affordable tuition plan after arguing that it was unrealistic for damn near a year.

Sanders said he would endorse her only if she adopted some of his policies.

The tuition thing was one of the ones she agreed to take.

#600 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2016 - 08:58 AM

Sanders said he would endorse her only if she adopted some of his policies.

The tuition thing was one of the ones she agreed to take.

I guess I can be okay with that.. sigh. I will take what I can get at this point with fucking politicians. I still fucking hate her.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users