One more semi-neoapocalypse

neopets lol js we luv u viacom we frgv u js u did gud

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#101 Menthix

Menthix
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:48 PM

Honestly, I don't give a crap what it was or what it wasn't. I don't even know enough of anything to wrap my head around it and try to figure it out. :cool:

All I care about is the DRAMA. That's all that matters, nothing else. :p

Sadistic.

OT: it's sad to realize that tnt or js has so little interest for the site they couldn't even bother do to a rollback, they probably don't even do backups with that much regularity to begin with.

But this apathy is quite apparent if you start to put together everything that's been happening to players, particularly to the ones who pay premium. They've been double charge subscriptions and charging new subscriptions for people that already quit premium.

There's a substantial lack of business ethics with this company, so we shouldn't be surprised about the things they aren't willing to do for those players that don't spend a dollar with the site.

#102 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 July 2015 - 11:14 PM

im starting to think there is probably only a max of 5 people now working on neopets if that so not surprised that they have not done a rollback.

#103 Sehunie

Sehunie
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 11:56 PM

Your gallery ended up in the tree, or you're afraid that it will?

No, luckily mine didn't, but yes I'm afraid it will. Although it seems okay for everyone, now.. Didn't notice anything weird today, but who knows :/

#104 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2015 - 03:45 AM

@Menthix that's just one of the reasons I'm fucking glad we stopped paying for premium/NC years ago :lol2: those bastards have zero respect for their players.

@Bones why that especific number?

@Sehunie if you don't chat on the neoboards and you keep a safe pattern to your "illegal" activities, you'll have great chances of have nothing happening to you :p

#105 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:26 AM

no specific reason just a round figure ;)

#106 kadoatie

kadoatie
  • 284 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:33 PM

There's a substantial lack of business ethics with this company, so we shouldn't be surprised about the things they aren't willing to do for those players that don't spend a dollar with the site.

Unfortunately they treat the people who DO spend money like shit as well.

#107 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:44 PM

Unfortunately they treat the people who DO spend money like shit as well.

He stated that in the paragraph before, where he mentioned the TNT's unethical practices towards players that pay. Concluding (what you quoted) that it's no surprise they do the same to those who don't pay. :p

#108 kadoatie

kadoatie
  • 284 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:51 PM

He stated that in the paragraph before, where he mentioned the TNT's unethical practices towards players that pay. Concluding (what you quoted) that it's no surprise they do the same to those who don't pay. :p

My bad, I really need to get off the computer and get some sleep haha.

#109 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:53 PM

My bad, I really need to get off the computer and get some sleep haha.

That's something we have in common. xD

#110 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 22 July 2015 - 05:05 AM

I miss Adam and Donna.

#111 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:03 AM

I think we all do :p

#112 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:12 AM

I miss a really good plot. Something to keep us entertained for quite some time and stimulate our brains, instead of these push-a-button-to-receive-your-daily-reward crap that it only takes about 3 seconds to do.

#113 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:24 AM

I miss a really good plot. Something to keep us entertained for quite some time and stimulate our brains, instead of these push-a-button-to-receive-your-daily-reward crap that it only takes about 3 seconds to do.

Yep, i miss those puzzle plots with comics to go with them and then a war in the end like the Hannah ones. 

#114 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:10 PM

Nostalgia is a cold hearted bitch ;_;

#115 Xwiint

Xwiint
  • 211 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2015 - 06:07 AM

So...if the accused data breach happened in 2012, like some people think it has...and Viacom was the total asshole that we know they are...it would be a logical conclusion that Jumpstart doesn't know about the breach, so to them, it really does just look like a bunch of people haven't changed their passwords in years.

Also, to do a rollback, you have to have a server saved at the point that you want to rollback to. Unless JS or Viacom had a policy of backing up the servers, the nearest date we are guaranteed a server roll back is when they moved the servers. I don't know about you, but if my account gets rolled back to that point, I'll quit hands down.

However, this is all conjecture, and viacom might not have been dicks to people they did business with and JS may have a decent IT team (though looking at all the things that are STILL buggy with the site, maybe not) and I have no idea what I'm talking about.

All I'm saying is that we may be blaming the wrong people and asking for unrealistic fixes.

#116 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2015 - 02:45 PM

Psst.

http://www.neocodex....-3#entry1884185

#117 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts