Quantcast

Photo

Just bought a really crap item for a whole lot of NP without my knowledge, what is abrosia doing?

• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#76 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:26 AM

has anyone had this problem and not used valor?

I've only ever created a login for Valour (and logged in once). Beyond that, nope. Never set it up to do anything. And that was a little over a week ago. Aside from that, one time login, I have not used it for anything. And I have since logged out and removed it. Right now, I'm using my laptop which I've not used in ages. I haven't been home in like five days because I'm on vacation. 

#77 Ghartun

Ghartun
  • 233 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:27 AM

I think it's time to face things and recognize is not a neo bug, it's something to do with our site. I'm not accusing anyone, I'm not saying its intentional, maybe it's a glitch from a program (I doubt), but we need to spread the world as fikri said, to keep people who hasn't been attacked yet safe. :(

#78 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:28 AM

I think it's time to face things and recognize is not a neo bug, it's something to do with our site. I'm not accusing anyone, I'm not saying its intentional, maybe it's a glitch from a program (I doubt), but we need to spread the world as fikri said, to keep people who hasn't been attacked yet safe. :(

@Kate said she'd had it happen and she hasn't used any programs so it doesn't seem to be program related.

#79 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:29 AM

But even that doesn't make sense. Not everyone here cheats.. Also, I haven't used the program manager in over a week. I think it's absolutely possible but I don't think anyone here is doing that. This issue is too weird and inconsistent (with amounts being stolen, etc). It seems more legitimate to assume it was TNT. But I could be wrong. I hope I'm not. 

#80 Ghartun

Ghartun
  • 233 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:30 AM

Kate said she'd had it happen and she hasn't used any programs so it doesn't seem to be program related.

Yeah I read that, thats why I said I doubt... Even if someone used a program a long time ago, can it be, someway, doing it? It's so odd, and I'm so scared for my NPs *buys tons of ETS*

But even that doesn't make sense. Not everyone here cheats.. Also, I haven't used the program manager in over a week. I think it's absolutely possible but I don't think anyone here is doing that. This issue is too weird and inconsistent (with amounts being stolen, etc). It seems more legitimate to assume it was TNT. But I could be wrong. I hope I'm not. 

I totally agree with you, it's not logical at all, but it's also only happening with us so how can it be a bug from TNT? As I said I still thinking it has something to do with a program but I don't understand a thing of programming, just my guesses. :(

Edited by Drops, 10 August 2015 - 10:32 AM.

#81 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:33 AM

Yeah I read that, thats why I said I doubt... Even if someone used a program a long time ago, can it be, someway, doing it? It's so odd, and I'm so scared for my NPs *buys tons of ETS*

I doubt it. That makes no logical sense to me. Nothing of mine was missing either. Just neopoints. My bank/shop/SDB weren't pinned (they are now). I had some pretty valuable stuff in my SDB. Why not steal that if your endgame is to take as much as you can? And the amount of nps vanishing are weird numbers. They definitely could have stolen more from me. 

I totally agree with you, it's not logical at all, but it's also only happening with us so how can it be a bug from TNT? As I said I still thinking it has something to do with a program but I don't understand a thing of programming, just my guesses

So far it's only happening to us. It could be happening to lots of people and no one has thought to report it, or they haven't logged in yet. I don't know. :|

Edited by Nivashka, 10 August 2015 - 10:34 AM.

#82 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:33 AM

I totally agree with you, it's not logical at all, but it's also only happening with us so how can it be a bug from TNT? As I said I still thinking it has something to do with a program but I don't understand a thing of programming, just my guesses. :(

Nope. I've never used programs on this account OR my new computer.

#83 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:36 AM

We don't even log Neopets usernames though and Abrosia doesn't know how to do anything in the Auctions. Hopefully we'll hear something back from the tickets people are submitting.

From everybody who has had it happen, have you all had no PIN enabled? That might explain why it hasn't been posted on the Neoboards, most active people will know to use a PIN on pretty much everything.

#84 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:39 AM

We don't even log Neopets usernames though and Abrosia doesn't know how to do anything in the Auctions. Hopefully we'll hear something back from the tickets people are submitting.

From everybody who has had it happen, have you all had no PIN enabled? That might explain why it hasn't been posted on the Neoboards, most active people will know to use a PIN on pretty much everything.

Yeah. That's what I was thinking. I used to have a pin but removed it from my bank/shop/SDB because I got tired of entering it each time I withdrew (now I feel rather dumb for doing so...). My pets are pinned but that's it. And my email preferences. I've changed all information now. Pin, email and password. Just in case. 

#85 March

March
  • 289 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:48 AM

I didn't have a PIN at all.

#86 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:49 AM

me neither. i put a pin after the incident and so far so good.

#87 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:56 AM

So, I checked my SDB. Everything is still in there. Everything is still in my shop. My pets are safe. I was able to do all dailies (except Trudy, but I've had issues with that since yesterday). Aside from the 5,000,023 missing, everything in my account is on the up and up. I checked around the various Neoboards for reports. Nothing. I guess now we just wait for more reports of missing NPs or for information from TNT.

#88 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:59 AM

I hope you all at least get a non automated answer from TNT, even if it's to say they have no idea what happened (even though I'm sure they have the tools to find out -we may not have any log info but they could easily access it or so I suspect).

And about the Trudy's Slot (jesus, it's getting old :/ ), that problem appeared roughly around the same time BD was taken down to maintenance.
I'm pushing my theory about this maintenance being the source of all evil. TNT fixing things = new bugs appear.

#89 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:01 AM

I use valour, and the autopricer from this site.

I lost half my NP [Which was roughly 1 mil] but no auction neomail.

#90 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:02 AM

I hope you all at least get a non automated answer from TNT, even if it's to say they have no idea what happened (even though I'm sure they have the tools to find out -we may not have any log info but they could easily access it or so I suspect).

And about the Trudy's Slot (jesus, it's getting old :/ ), that problem appeared roughly around the same time BD was taken down to maintenance.
I'm pushing my theory about this maintenance being the source of all evil. TNT fixing things = new bugs appear.

I am not holding my breath to be honest. They gave me a pretty automated response a week ago about my scoreboard issues (and made sure to note that if I lost neopoints or items they weren't going to return them). So, we're probably all shit out of luck. It's not that big of a deal. But not knowing annoys me to no end. I'm one of those people who gets uncomfortable by not knowing where I left something (like my keys, or a paper that I don't even need or whatever) and I will search and search until I find it. It's to the point of verging on being obsessive compulsive about not knowing something. 

Check my bids in the auction area? See if you've bid on a trade or auction. If you have, be sure to record the username. 

Edited by Nivashka, 10 August 2015 - 11:05 AM.

#91 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:07 AM

Hm. Did any dubloon appeared in your invent? Lol

I am not holding my breath to be honest. They gave me a pretty automated response a week ago about my scoreboard issues (and made sure to note that if I lost neopoints or items they weren't going to return them). So, we're probably all shit out of luck. It's not that big of a deal. But not knowing annoys me to no end. I'm one of those people who gets uncomfortable by not knowing where I left something (like my keys, or a paper that I don't even need or whatever) and I will search and search until I find it. It's to the point of verging on being obsessive compulsive about not knowing something. 

That's why I'm as curious about it as all of you without having experienced any issue on my accounts. This shit is puzzling me and I'm curious as hell to know what happened, despite the fact I'm more or less on the same boat about being almost sure we'll never know, which, just to think about it, makes me mad. :p

#92 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:14 AM

That's why I'm as curious about it as all of you without having experienced any issue on my accounts. This shit is puzzling me and I'm curious as hell to know what happened, despite the fact I'm more or less on the same boat about being almost sure we'll never know, which, just to think about it, makes me mad. :p

This level of obsession occurs for me anytime my brain is bothered by something. Like, let's say I realize I've misplaced a movie. Even if I don't wanna watch it or whatever, I will tear my place up looking for it until I find it. :\ It's just how I have always been. Never really deconstructed my need to fix/find things. Anyways, @Aria you should look for an item in your inventory or check your "my bids" page in your auctions. 

#93 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:23 AM

Actually I checked my SDB and I did have an extra two dubloon coin.

Do you guys think this is related to those of us who randomly got Bday locked out?

#94 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:25 AM

Do you guys think this is related to those of us who randomly got Bday locked out?

Maybe. Only, my bday was never locked out, so I don't know. :| There doesn't seem to be any correlation except the items appear to be dubloons. And you're sure you don't have any bids placed, no neomail from TNT about winning bid (sometimes you won't get a notification, so be sure you actually click your neomail)?

#95 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:27 AM

Maybe. Only, my bday was never locked out, so I don't know. :| There doesn't seem to be any correlation except the items appear to be dubloons. And you're sure you don't have any bids placed, no neomail from TNT about winning bid (sometimes you won't get a notification, so be sure you actually click your neomail)?

I never ever use the auction house, so I know it wasn't me. I don't do any kind of training right now either so I know that isn't related.

I don't have any neomail about anything of the sort. Just some offers on my lots for my UBs, but that's the only notification I had.

#96 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:30 AM

I never ever use the auction house, so I know it wasn't me. I don't do any kind of training right now either so I know that isn't related.

I don't have any neomail about anything of the sort. Just some offers on my lots for my UBs, but that's the only notification I had.

And you checked your "my bids" page to make sure you don't have any active bids? If you won a lot in the auction house, TNT would notify you. And if you dunno where those NPs are, but there is no evidence that somehow your account bid on an auction, then it may be unrelated to what has happened to other users here. 

#97 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:34 AM

I thought those random Bday lockouts only happened with accounts that had a couple of changes of IP? I know I read that someowhere, I just can't remember where. :/

#98 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2015 - 12:29 PM

I thought those random Bday lockouts only happened with accounts that had a couple of changes of IP? I know I read that someowhere, I just can't remember where. :/

I have no idea. But, I tried logging out and into my account (after updating and changing everything) and had no problems whatsoever. I was able to log out and back in without any problems. That is a relief.

#99 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:24 PM

I got logged out of my ABer that had been running for an hour when that happened. Then had to use my birthday to log back in on site.

I have no active bids :/

#100 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2015 - 03:38 PM

I got logged out of my ABer that had been running for an hour when that happened. Then had to use my birthday to log back in on site.

I have no active bids :/

I don't know what to tell you, but it doesn't sound related to the issue others have had. TNT always neomails you information about winning an auction house bid. If you did not get that neomail, you might have something else going on. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users