Quantcast

Photo

Just bought a really crap item for a whole lot of NP without my knowledge, what is abrosia doing?

• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#101 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 10 August 2015 - 03:59 PM

I don't know what to tell you, but it doesn't sound related to the issue others have had. TNT always neomails you information about winning an auction house bid. If you did not get that neomail, you might have something else going on. 

Maybe it's not, it's still pretty concerning though.

Wtf is going on here?

#102 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2015 - 05:06 PM

Maybe it's not, it's still pretty concerning though.

Wtf is going on here?

Maybe you didn't see the neomail because someone already read the neomail before you.

This is really weird.

#103 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 10 August 2015 - 05:13 PM

Maybe you didn't see the neomail because someone already read the neomail before you.

This is really weird.

That's even worse.

#104 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2015 - 09:58 PM

Just came in to report it's happened to me too. Half my NP gone, crap item in my inventory and a Neomail saying I won an auction.

The only programs I use are Abrosia, the score sender in the program manager, and Neoquest's auto trainer. None of which I've used recently since I've been dealing with life stuff since the end of the AC.

#105 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:05 PM

We don't even log Neopets usernames though and Abrosia doesn't know how to do anything in the Auctions. Hopefully we'll hear something back from the tickets people are submitting.

From everybody who has had it happen, have you all had no PIN enabled? That might explain why it hasn't been posted on the Neoboards, most active people will know to use a PIN on pretty much everything.

Yes my pin was enabled, but I had enough np on hand.

Also this might sound stupid, but can userscripts do this?

#106 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:14 PM

Yes my pin was enabled, but I had enough np on hand.

Also this might sound stupid, but can userscripts do this?

I don't use any userscript and it still happened to me.

I find it weird how there are no posts on the TC about weird looking auctions... Some people must have seen it.

#107 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:27 PM

I find it weird how there are no posts on the TC about weird looking auctions... Some people must have seen it.

Nothing on reddit or tumblr either, and you know how both those communities just love calling out weird happenings or suspicious activity.

#108 Konkon

Konkon
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:34 PM

Also happened to me :/ I hardly even go on neopets, let alone use the programmes, but I woke up to a neomail informing me I bid 1m on some crap.

Edited by Konkon, 10 August 2015 - 11:35 PM.

#109 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:35 PM

nothing on me again today and im high profile :S

i will keep an eye on auctions today to see if I see anything

#110 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:53 PM

Maybe most users on neo are cheating and they all read this thread so they don't dare to talk about it?

idk it's so weird, and I didn't find a topic about it on other cheating sites either.

#111 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:59 PM

Nothing on reddit or tumblr either, and you know how both those communities just love calling out weird happenings or suspicious activity.

Yeah, this is so unusual. Unless it's TNT doing something, which could explain the fact that no one saw any weird auction (I'm assuming this, but as you said, they love calling out on suspicious things), I have no idea what it could be.
And it's not the programs, since Kate never used them but still lost NPs. What the hell is going on.

#112 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2015 - 12:02 AM

Yeah, this is so unusual. Unless it's TNT doing something, which could explain the fact that no one saw any weird auction (I'm assuming this, but as you said, they love calling out on suspicious things), I have no idea what it could be.
And it's not the programs, since Kate never used them but still lost NPs. What the hell is going on.

The only thing I can think of is a page here on Codex might have been compromised in some way to allow a CGer or something similar to be posted. I highly doubt that's what's really going on, but it's all that makes sense in my mind.

#113 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2015 - 12:06 AM

is anyone using scripts?

#114 Nano

Nano
  • a delicious kiwi

• 325 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2015 - 12:07 AM

The only thing I can think of is a page here on Codex might have been compromised in some way to allow a CGer or something similar to be posted. I highly doubt that's what's really going on, but it's all that makes sense in my mind.

I doubt its a cookie grabber, cause I only lost NP, not the mass of items of 10M+  each in trades I had. But its possible there is some exploit in the forum software thats letting iframes be inputted into somewhere that shows html rather than bbcode and that could be making the calls to bid. But I really doubt that.

#115 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2015 - 12:10 AM

is anyone using scripts?

I already asked this question and @Swarley said he doesn't use scripts and it still happened to him.

#116 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2015 - 12:13 AM

is anyone using scripts?

No scripts on my end.

#117 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2015 - 12:22 AM

hmm it is a conundrum them :S id advise changing your password each day til we know more

#118 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2015 - 12:29 AM

TNT knows all of our accounts, and they're doing this for revenge. That's the only answer to this. WE'RE DOOMED

#119 Nano

Nano
  • a delicious kiwi

• 325 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2015 - 12:33 AM

hmm it is a conundrum them :S id advise changing your password each day til we know more

I highly doubt its anyone accessing (logging in/cookieswapping) accounts. Because I had around 120M in my inventory (and still there) that wasn't touched. And only 1M pure was taken.

Edited by Freestyle, 11 August 2015 - 12:33 AM.

#120 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2015 - 01:27 AM

I highly doubt its anyone accessing (logging in/cookieswapping) accounts. Because I had around 120M in my inventory (and still there) that wasn't touched. And only 1M pure was taken.

But it's still possible, if that person took everything it'd definitely draw the attention of TNT so maybe he/she's just taking little amounts of everyone to not attract attention (and make people think it's a glitch/tnt and not a person)? Or just someone who doesn't need np and wants to mess with us.. idk.

I'm assuming things too much :p

Edited by iKate, 11 August 2015 - 01:28 AM.

#121 Nano

Nano
  • a delicious kiwi

• 325 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2015 - 01:47 AM

But it's still possible, if that person took everything it'd definitely draw the attention of TNT so maybe he/she's just taking little amounts of everyone to not attract attention (and make people think it's a glitch/tnt and not a person)? Or just someone who doesn't need np and wants to mess with us.. idk.

I'm assuming things too much :p

Well I never got logged out of my account. So that would assume no-one logged in or logged out either. Or it would have killed my login cookie.

#122 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2015 - 02:03 AM

Weird. I've been eyeing this thread. There's no casualties yet on my accounts. I have PIN and use loads of programs all day. I'll immediately report if anything get's taken.

What are the ages of your accounts? What kind of pets (as in, high-end, fully dressed, whatever)? Active on boards or in guilds?There's so little correlation yet, so we'll just have to eliminate every single one of them.

#123 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2015 - 02:20 AM

Weird. I've been eyeing this thread. There's no casualties yet on my accounts. I have PIN and use loads of programs all day. I'll immediately report if anything get's taken.

What are the ages of your accounts? What kind of pets (as in, high-end, fully dressed, whatever)? Active on boards or in guilds?There's so little correlation yet, so we'll just have to eliminate every single one of them.

No draiks/UCs, fully dressed, but I doubt it has something to do with those 2. Not active on boards/guilds.

Maybe something with the battledome? Do you guys have any high end items or duped items equipped?

#124 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2015 - 02:45 AM

The only correlation I saw so far was the no use of Pin, right?

I have hundreds of millions (pure and in items) scattered on my accounts, but I have only a handful of them known. A few people here know my main-main (I'm comfortable with those people), others know a few of my shells (I don't have that much in those anyway), and I have another semi-main that's very well known here and on neopets but no one knows it's mine lol. I have pin in everything, because I'm too paranoid and I have nothing to report.
What I mean is that this seems to be targeting random accounts without Pin (namely in their bank accounts -there's no Pin to ids) and it's only messing with NP and not items people have in their invent. And not to mention that there aren't any neoboards talking about junk Dubloons being sold for millions... This doesn't look like any CG, hack or whatever I've heard before. Which, more and more, leads me to believe it's a bug from TNT's side.

YOU ALL WHO WERE AFFECTED SHOULD SEND A TICKET
I'm so damn curious about this :p

#125 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2015 - 03:12 AM

The only correlation I saw so far was the no use of Pin, right?

Nonono, I had my pin set! I have a pin on almost everything for years now so no correlation yet..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users