Quantcast

Photo

Just bought a really crap item for a whole lot of NP without my knowledge, what is abrosia doing?

• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#151 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2015 - 05:44 PM

Actually this happen to me today. Thought it was just some messed up glitched coz I did the yesterday's turdy in a different time I usually did it. But so far, checking through my bank account, nothing has been taken.

Reading through, it's quite hard to believe it's due to some sort of in-game glitch where it can withdraw and bid stuff to transfer the NP.

Yeah, that's sort of how I feel. It's a bit creepy/weird that this is only happening with Codex members. But I can't imagine one person doing stuff. Could they phish for passwords using our emails and IP addresses? I don't know. Ugh. Once upon a time, I kept up with this type of shit. I don't have time these days to understand the complex nature of exploiting people via internet anymore. 

Are people still experiencing np being taken, or has it stopped?

Edit:oh yeah, also any second times for anyone?

No second time so far. I changed my password, email and pinned everything. :l

#152 March

March
  • 289 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 August 2015 - 05:46 PM

Hasn't happened to me a second time, but I have pinned my bank and stuff now.

Also... I have no idea what ghoul catchers is, so I'm gonna assume I've never used it. Or played it. I guess its some game or daily I didn't notice? lol. I also can't recall anything weird happening with Trudy, that one might just be an unrelated glitch.

#153 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 11 August 2015 - 05:57 PM

Hasn't happened to me a second time, but I have pinned my bank and stuff now.

Also... I have no idea what ghoul catchers is, so I'm gonna assume I've never used it. Or played it. I guess its some game or daily I didn't notice? lol. I also can't recall anything weird happening with Trudy, that one might just be an unrelated glitch.

It's the game they put on facebook, you link it with your account and earn NP from playing. it's one of those games like candy crush or whatever.

I wouldn't be shocked if there was a way to exploit that though

#154 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:31 AM

It's the game they put on facebook, you link it with your account and earn NP from playing. it's one of those games like candy crush or whatever.

I wouldn't be shocked if there was a way to exploit that though

Yeah. I wouldn't be surprised either. Does anyone here browse mobile on Neopets? Not just Ghoul Catchers. I recently logged in using my tablet (like two days before this happened). Was wondering if anyone here used a phone / tablet and logged in via mobile browser..?

No update on the ticket yet. Still a WIP. I haven't lost anymore money though.

#155 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:48 AM

Yeah. I wouldn't be surprised either. Does anyone here browse mobile on Neopets? Not just Ghoul Catchers. I recently logged in using my tablet (like two days before this happened). Was wondering if anyone here used a phone / tablet and logged in via mobile browser..?

No not me, I always log in on neopets on my pc.

#156 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:49 AM

No not me, I always log in on neopets on my pc.

I'm running out of ideas then. Has anyone else logged in from a new/different IP address in the recent days? I started logging in via different IP because I'm on vacation. 

#157 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2015 - 08:06 AM

I'm running out of ideas then. Has anyone else logged in from a new/different IP address in the recent days? I started logging in via different IP because I'm on vacation.

Nope, always the same place.
Another weird thing is that I have a shell account with 10+million on the bank, but nothing happened to it yet. I'm checking it everyday.

#158 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2015 - 08:14 AM

Another weird thing is that I have a shell account with 10+million on the bank, but nothing happened to it yet. I'm checking it everyday.

That is weird. And I did check my sides too (but there is no money on any of my old sides) just in case I might have lost smaller amounts. But nope. It's very peculiar I have to say. I talked with my husband about it. And he's thinking maybe TNT knows about Codex and is going after us in a rogue sort of way, or it's someone on Codex. :| I just don't know. It's so very weird and inconsistent. 

#159 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:34 AM

I don't own a mobile device.

i have 4 shells. All are untouched as well

#160 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:43 AM

I don't own a mobile device.

i have 4 shells. All are untouched as well

I don't really want to go there... but... has anyone purchased anything on Codex and received it with the account that you lost money on?

#161 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:55 AM

I don't really want to go there... but... has anyone purchased anything on Codex and received it with the account that you lost money on?

Not me.

#162 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2015 - 10:14 AM

Not me.

Okay. Good. We can probably cross that possibility off the list then. :| I've only purchased recently from one of the more trustworthy members here. I don't feel comfortable even thinking about assuming that type of situation, if you know what I mean. I guess that kind of just leaves TNT or some stranger who decided to cause chaos on Neopets.

#163 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 12 August 2015 - 01:54 PM

Not me either. I only bought shells, and I didn't pay the NP with my main.

So It's certainly not related since my shells are untouched.

#164 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2015 - 01:59 PM

TNT's vendetta, eh? I'd bite that, but since there were another issues during these days I'm more inclined to the glitch theory :unsure:

#165 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:27 PM

TNT's vendetta, eh? I'd bite that, but since there were another issues during these days I'm more inclined to the glitch theory :unsure:

Yeah. I guess this is the last theory. I don't know enough about how this type of server works, or how they could effect something which could cause such inconsistent glitches (np amounts are inconsistent, items are somewhat inconsistent, etc). Blargh. I guess now we play the waiting game. Not many new reports of this happening either, from what I've seen on Neoboards, other sites and here. 

#166 Konkon

Konkon
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 08:31 PM

I don't really see how a glitch could make you buy something on the AH, though :/

#167 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2015 - 11:44 PM

I'VE FOUND THE PERPERATOR! and it's this guy (jjawsnorkasaurus)!

i realised the neopoints that i had been reduced by a million so i checked the auction and this was what i found. :crybaby:

119w3gi.jpg

he simply bid with the nps i have out. he didn't take any of the nps in my bank because i have pin enabled.

i really don't know what to do right now... this is the second time this has happened to me. i already changed my password. how the hell he was able to access my account? i'm freaking out. :crybaby:

here are his other auctions:

ih2t10.jpg

#168 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2015 - 11:44 PM

We should mass report that fucker.

WHO ARE YOU, JJAWS?!

#169 Musician

Musician
  • 669 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2015 - 11:56 PM

Oh my goodness, this just happened to me last night! I didn't have pin or birthday prompt enabled (it happened on one of my non-legit accounts), so the dude took 10 million straight from my bank. T_T

I immediately changed my password, added a pin, and enabled the birthday login prompt, but I don't know if that's going to help. I also sent in an abuse form, but it doesn't count as a ticket so I can't even see if it's being updated or not. Ahhh I'm really terrified that it's going to happen to my main too...

I haven't played in a year and a half, and this incident happened merely days after I returned to Neo.  :S Hope we'll get to the bottom of this and stop the perpetrator(s) for good!

Edited by Musician, 13 August 2015 - 12:43 AM.

#170 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2015 - 11:57 PM

my theory on how he got our neopets usernames: maybe the perpetrator has donated/received neopets prizes from the contests here in the past? not sure how he got our passwords tho.

idk if i should bother myself changing passwords anymore. :(

#171 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:03 AM

I sent TNT a message trough FB, should I post it on their page too?

#172 Michaelhex

Michaelhex
  • 1018 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:06 AM

It's probably best to show the user that also bid one that insane amount of NPs to a simple codestone. Plus, there's a chance if you were to report the user anyways, he'll use the same method to rebuild. Damn, what's goin on here guys.

EDIT: Try email JN too. They reply a lot faster through email.

Edited by michaelhex, 13 August 2015 - 12:07 AM.

#173 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:07 AM

my theory on how he got our neopets usernames: maybe the perpetrator has donated/received neopets prizes from the contests here in the past? not sure how he got our passwords tho.

idk if i should bother myself changing passwords anymore. :(

I have never given out a prize through my main account, and the only prize I received on my main (as far as I can remember) is from Keil/Kelvin so I don't think that's the cause.

#174 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:10 AM

It's probably best to show the user that also bid one that insane amount of NPs to a simple codestone. Plus, there's a chance if you were to report the user anyways, he'll use the same method to rebuild. Damn, what's goin on here guys.

EDIT: Try email JN too. They reply a lot faster through email.

Email Jellyneo? O.o

#175 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:13 AM

I was suspecting it to be a malicious "hacker" only wanting to cause mayhem. I could understand why he would target us (I'm sure Codex has some enemies). But I'm at a loss to how he would have our/your login codes.

It's an easy scapegoat, but it can't be the programs since not everyone has used them.

Could it have been someone abusing the database breach from 3 years back? But I don't believe all your accounts are older than 3 years, or are they? And how does he know which ones are codexians?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users