guide

34 replies to this topic

#1 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 03:50 AM

I knocked this together to help those people who have never used Area/ChestShop plugins before. We now have a live trading economy on the server, so please, check out the video and give it a go!

As stated in the video, we may look at doing something in the future for the Top 'Richest' Players of the server ;) Stay tuned.

If you have any queries about this plugin or any other things around the server, please feel free to ask anyone online or myself via PM if you wish :)

#2 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 05:43 AM

Oh this is awesome! I'm going to have to sell some stuff after work, I did a bit of mining yesterday.

#3 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 08:03 AM

@Strategist 

What pack is that?

#4 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 11:01 AM

@Strategist

What pack is that?

Sphax VanillaBDCraft (not PureBDCraft). It's easier on the eye and not so gfx intense.

Oh this is awesome! I'm going to have to sell some stuff after work, I did a bit of mining yesterday.

Awesome! Glad people like it :)

#5 Nano

Nano
  • a delicious kiwi

• 325 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 11:10 AM

You need to add farming items to the shop.

#6 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 11:25 AM

You need to add farming items to the shop.

Farming items? How do you mean?

#7 Nano

Nano
  • a delicious kiwi

• 325 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 11:48 AM

Like, sugarcane, potatoes, wheat, etc.

#8 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 12:29 PM

If the main shop had everything then what'd be the purpose of individual user shops? :p

#9 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 12:57 PM

If the main shop had everything then what'd be the purpose of individual user shops? :p

Doesn't have everything. :p

#10 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 01:06 PM

Indeed the shop is very bare bones (in terms of inventory) by design, and likely it's with the intent of encouraging people to rent and set up their own shops. ;)

#11 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:37 PM

Indeed the shop is very bare bones (in terms of inventory) by design, and likely it's with the intent of encouraging people to rent and set up their own shops. ;)

Precisely this. :)

#12 Nano

Nano
  • a delicious kiwi

• 325 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:38 PM

Wouldn't it be better to be able to sell farm stuff at the server shop, and have to buy/self ores etc from other users. Not everyone likes to mine. :p

#13 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:39 PM

Wouldn't it be better to be able to sell farm stuff at the server shop, and have to buy/self ores etc from other users. Not everyone likes to mine. :p

In my experience, farming crops turns into a redstone nightmare that many would exploit (and even worse make the server laggy af), so forcing people to mine is kinda better (just my opinion).

#14 Nano

Nano
  • a delicious kiwi

• 325 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:53 PM

In my experience, farming crops turns into a redstone nightmare that many would exploit (and even worse make the server laggy af), so forcing people to mine is kinda better (just my opinion).

I can build multiple semi-automatic farms that require nothing more than a few pistons. I just don't see the point in having a shop that sells (and buys) ores, etc. There is no point in selling to buy other stuff. Because you'd be mining what you needed anyways.

#15 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:57 PM

I can build multiple semi-automatic farms that require nothing more than a few pistons. I just don't see the point in having a shop that sells (and buys) ores, etc. There is no point in selling to buy other stuff. Because you'd be mining what you needed anyways.

The initial shop is to get the basis of money to rent shops...buying the good stuff will be from other players, at least that's the way I see it anyway (correct me if I'm wrong, Strat and Romy?).

#16 Nano

Nano
  • a delicious kiwi

• 325 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 03:02 PM

The initial shop is to get the basis of money to rent shops...buying the good stuff will be from other players, at least that's the way I see it anyway (correct me if I'm wrong, Strat and Romy?).

My point is. There is nothing a player is going to sell that isn't easy to obtain. The server shop sells everything you already need.

#17 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 03:11 PM

My point is. There is nothing a player is going to sell that isn't easy to obtain. The server shop sells everything you already need.

Underselling the pricey shop

Beacons

Nether stars

Obsidian

Blaze rods

Enchanted weapons

potions

books

leather

wool

dye

clay

colored glass

And the list goes on...the shop really does sell the BARE minimum. 

#18 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 03:13 PM

What is the thing to type to see how much monies I have?

#19 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 03:15 PM

Beacons

Nether stars

Obsidian

Blaze rods

Enchanted weapons

potions

books

leather

wool

dye

clay

colored glass

Exactly, or like if I'm feeling really effing lazy and don't want to cut trees, I can buy wood someone is selling. :)

@Nano there is also the thing that only people with shops will be able to insta-teleport to Spawn. So...player shops aren't JUST about selling stuff. ;)

What is the thing to type to see how much monies I have?

On many servers, it is /balance or /bal or /money...give those a try?

#20 Nano

Nano
  • a delicious kiwi

• 325 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 03:15 PM

Beacons

Nether stars

Obsidian

Blaze rods

Enchanted weapons

potions

books

leather

wool

dye

clay

colored glass

Again. my point.

potions

books

leather

wool

dye

clay

colored glass

Obsidian

Blaze rods

Easy to get. I'm not going to buy those.

#21 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 03:17 PM

On many servers, it is /balance or /bal or /money...give those a try?

/bal

Thanks! I was too lazy to watch the video again

#22 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 03:18 PM

/bal

Thanks! I was too lazy to watch the video again

No problem, I play on a number of servers and so have been exposed to various commands quite a bit over the past 6 months or so. What I find exciting about this latest Neocodex incarnation is that it's definitely low on plugins, so I plan on neocodex Minecraft filling my need for a hard survival server. ;)

#23 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 03:31 PM

Again. my point.

potions

books

leather

wool

dye

clay

colored glass

Obsidian

Blaze rods

Easy to get. I'm not going to buy those.

Then don't.

Or even better, sell them!

The system isn't essential to playing on the server. It makes things easier but doesn't interfere with anything.

#24 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 03:38 PM

Then don't.

Or even better, sell them!

The system isn't essential to playing on the server. It makes things easier but doesn't interfere with anything.

Yeah exactly...and the fact that it isn't essential but is available for those who want to use it is fantastic (I think).

#25 Nano

Nano
  • a delicious kiwi

• 325 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2015 - 03:40 PM

Yeah exactly...and the fact that it isn't essential but is available for those who want to use it is fantastic (I think).

I want to sell sugar cane, I don't see anyone buying 5000 stacks from me. 

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: guide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users