Photo

It's offical. Neopets stopped caring.

• Please log in to reply
287 replies to this topic

#126 Corry

Corry
  • 166 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 07:03 AM

I'm sure an admin could verify via shop profit tracker.

#127 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2016 - 07:07 AM

Nahh, I mean I guess they could but I doubt they'd really bother reallyy. :p

#128 Corry

Corry
  • 166 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 07:11 AM

It doesn't matter, I'm just doing it for the sake of doing it lol. If I told them how many potions I got yesterday they'd never believe me lol

#129 Cannabis

Cannabis
  • yungamerican

• 970 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2016 - 07:36 AM

Yeah Neopets hasn't cared for awhile but my only issue is I have a shit ton of expensive potions/stamps that don't sell, it's nice being able to RS a bunch of sweet items but with how dead Neopets is becoming there is no demand

#130 Tablyth

Tablyth
  • 64 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2016 - 07:51 AM

but with how dead Neopets is becoming there is no demand

Actually, I'm noticing the same thing. 

#131 Corry

Corry
  • 166 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:02 AM

Cannabis - If you want ill pick them up from you for cheap :D

#132 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:05 AM

I decided to join the fun and managed to RS 3 pots yesterday. xD But I only AB'd for like an hour or two.

#133 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:05 AM

Ohh my god thiss.

And in addition, even rare Stamps are quickly depreciating. Even R99s don't sell at their TP price any more, and said price itself lowers like every week or so seemingly.

At least there's still soome demand for buyable Stamps I suppose, the prices keep getting undercut, but then someone will eventually buy up the below-SSW priced items and correct the prices again about every week it seems.

Not so sure about MPs, but according to @GetJinxed they're still sellable at reseller (60-80% TP price) so ehhh. Guess we all just have to get used to reseller price as a standard or something perhaps?..

Edit: Got ninja'ed, by 2 posts. Wow. And also, now I am tempted to do magic too. My connection is not that fastt but ehh I'm doing Stamps nows anyways. Huh...

Edited by DonJunjie, 15 May 2016 - 08:06 AM.

#134 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:07 AM

try stamps with those ridiculous times, if they give u a pass, then they have waved the white flag

#135 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:08 AM

I don't understand why people aren't willing to do reseller price. Like, seriously, you AB a potion for 50-90k, selling it for 500k versus 1m or 1m versus 2m, you're still making a fuckload of profit with zero effort. I could understand if you legit RS'd being less willing to sell at reseller. 

#136 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:10 AM

Cannabis - If you want ill pick them up from you for cheap :D

Depends on how "cheap" you go :p Got some MPs and stamps to get rid of  :) Trying to trade some of them for high end BD weapons but the niggas don't accept or decline the damn trades and it pisses me off  :/

#137 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:10 AM

I don't understand why people aren't willing to do reseller price. Like, seriously, you AB a potion for 50-90k, selling it for 500k versus 1m or 1m versus 2m, you're still making a fuckload of profit with zero effort. I could understand if you legit RS'd being less willing to sell at reseller.

Good point really. I guess I'm just protective of my preecious R99 stamps. :p

Before I did Stamps though I very happily sold things for reseller prices. Maybe I got somewhat spoilt somehow in the transition huh.

#138 Corry

Corry
  • 166 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:16 AM

Send me a list of what you want to sell

#139 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:18 AM

Anddd Neocodex forums proves itself superior to the boards for so many things again once more~ :D

#140 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:21 AM

I remember abing random items in 2014 that sit on tp for like a few months without any offers guess its only gonna get worse each year

#141 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:27 AM

I remember abing random items in 2014 that sit on tp for like a few months without any offers guess its only gonna get worse each year

Were they HTS then? It's kinda like that with HTS, you need to like advertise / hunt for the resellers and ask them, it seems.

#142 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:36 AM

Were they HTS then? It's kinda like that with HTS, you need to like advertise / hunt for the resellers and ask them, it seems.

screw advertising, i wanted some fair value for an uc pet and all i got was underoffers day in and day out. Might as well let the items rot on my tp.

Actually i found the best way to unload hts is to neomail someone with an ets if they want ur hts. But with the current playerbase, there isn't enough noobs to take advantage of.

Edited by jinq, 15 May 2016 - 08:37 AM.

#143 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:39 AM

screw advertising, i wanted some fair value for an uc pet and all i got was underoffers day in and day out. Might as well let the items rot on my tp.

I think @Coops if you honestly don't understand + are looking to understand why people don't take reseller offers, it's prob because of this I suppoose: The idea of a fair or market value for one's items, and that if you get something that is really reaallyy below it people might be undercutting you below the fair rate.

As in like, it's an example of the polar opposite attitude from yours, that's why I'm quoting it as an example, nothing against it by the way @jinq .

#144 Corry

Corry
  • 166 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:41 AM

Its all about contacts. I sell all my MPs (Besides ones worth over 2M) To two guys that both pay 60% of lowest tp, or most current JN price or NC price.

#145 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:47 AM

i didn't get reseller offers, just no offers. I would have taken 50% off tp without hesitation.

I just don't feel advertising stuff is worth all the extra time.

#146 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:48 AM

i didn't get reseller offers, just no offers. I would have taken 50% off tp without hesitation.

Ah I see. Makes sense, thanks for clarifying!

I would still leave my post there though, I think it still applies whether that's like your actual attitude or not. :p

#147 Corry

Corry
  • 166 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:51 AM

Message me things you want to sell. specifically MP's,

#148 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:52 AM

stopped playing a while ago, just posting what my experience was with abed items/advertising

#149 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2016 - 09:00 AM

That happens with ETS too.
Players interested in "rare" stuff are scarce because:
1) general lack of interest of the site. Aside from annual events (and even those are not what they used to be), people just don't care about neopets. The ones that are still around do it for nostalgia, pleasure of cheating and find exploits, chatting with friends, etc.

2) everything is easily obtain. Doesn't matter if from AB, legit RS or in one of 858482929 dailies that give stuff. Forgotten shore hands Draik/Krawk MP like an old man on a faire gives candies to toddlers. Making money is easier than a +decade ago or the ABers boom era, with BD, dailies, KQ keys (you know what I'm talkin' about)...
Why would anyone buy something from a restocker when they can get ot for free doing dailies, or even legit restocking?

3) there's no reason to achieve things on site because we can face the lost of everything we cherish/"worked hard" for by TNT's arbitrary bans anytime. The reckless cheating, the Dupe Week, the Mods Are Gone Apocalypse Weekend are only three examples of what players care about Neopets: zero fucks. If no one cares, no one tries to accomplish anything, therefore the lack of need to:
a) complete collections -ABers have most of stamps Avis anyway,
b) training Pets -BD is a joke; DoN is forever broken; all All-star pets belong to cheaters or TNT favourites anyway,
c) get your dream Pet -UCgate is a joke; you can buy your dream Pet with a couple of dollars; if you happen to have an UC, whiners will report you because they can cope with the facts they can't get everything they want (blame their papas and mamas) or hackers will hack you.

4) smart AB sell their stuff super cheap. Anything below 500k, just throw it in your shop for 99k. You'll sell it fast, get your NP back and RS more, rinse and repeat. Anything from 500k to 1M-1.5M sell it for 500k or trade it for BB PB since they're easier to sell. Anything above that, don't go higher than the TP limit - who cares?, you're already doing a shit crazy profit, your goal now is to get rid of the junk. Don't be greedy.

Anyway, that's how I see things, but what do I know?

#150 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2016 - 09:56 AM

Previously a certain prolific member posted all over the boards as Juan. Infuriating clean players and giving us all chuckles.

It was truly hilarious and the greatest thing I've ever experienced.

It even resulted in contests on this site. lmfao.

** Just tried to post on the boards about codex. I've been banned. Let's see how many i can get tonight.

I wonder who that was....It took them forever to get iced too....even when outright saying they were from codex lolz.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users