• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic

#1 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2005 - 08:03 AM

Hello everyone. This news post isnt one of those which I have previously posted explaining something that has happened. It just explains something that you all should have known originally anyway. This topic is seniority. Now you might be wondering what seniority is and if you dont know, then I will define it:

higher rank than that of others especially by reason of longer service

Many of you think that just because you have been here for a long time, you are immediately eligible for staff. I can go so far as to say that some moderators have and still think that the longer they are a moderator, the better a chance they have at becoming a super moderator. Id like to inform everyone right here and right now, that this is absolutely not true. The way we select who gets promoted to private member, retired member, staff and admin is through experience, integrity, knowledge, and a little bit of seniority. How long you have been here is not given so much weight as most people think. Although we do take it into consideration, we would like to inform you that based on your reputation and other credentials, we will select you for positions outside of member.

I hope this answers some of your thoughts about why you havent gotten into private, why you havent yet been selected for moderator or anything like that. If you have some questions however, please be sure to PM them to me or another admin and we will promptly answer them.

With that said, I'd like to take this opportunity to request that everyone treat everyone else how they would like to be treated. It is how the staff has been instructed to act and I would like to ask that you all do the same. No more name calling, fighting or any of that other crap that we bring onto the forums. This is a community guys; our community. Its only as good as we make it. So lets make it the best. After all, that is the best way to increase your reputation and get spotted by current staff - displaying your maturity and level headedness at all times ;) .

The Neocodex Team

#2 Alyssa

Alyssa
  • 1625 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 08:04 AM

I so knew that. ^_^ Very well put, Hydro.

#3 Guest_Rambo_*

Guest_Rambo_*

Posted 20 May 2005 - 08:08 AM

Good job hydro :)

#4 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2005 - 11:05 AM

Well put :)

#5 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2005 - 11:13 AM

Sum that up in 15 words.

#6 Ender

Ender
  • 4323 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 11:18 AM

Sum that up in 15 words.

View Post

Read the quote in the middle that explains it. :p Basically he is saying that seniority isn't used here.

#7 HoHoMaN90

HoHoMaN90
  • 674 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 12:02 PM

ooo well I could tell you that :p just because you've been here for a while doesn't mean jack squat, cause if u act like an ass ur not gonna go anywhere <_<

#8 Chris

Chris
  • 2235 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 02:41 PM

hydro for president :admin:

#9 Pink_Bubble

Pink_Bubble
  • 340 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2005 - 02:46 PM

this was interesting to read, well put. good job hydro :D

#10 Alyssa

Alyssa
  • 1625 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 03:08 PM

We're the biggest buncha suck-ups I've ever seen.  :lol:

#11 Charlie Hustle

Charlie Hustle
  • 1044 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 03:25 PM

ooo well I could tell you that :p just because you've been here for a while doesn't mean jack squat, cause if u act like an ass ur not gonna go anywhere <_<

View Post

im the prime example im like the oldest member to not be private, so remeber kids seniority has nothing to do with it

#12 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2005 - 03:41 PM

im the prime example im like the oldest member to not be private, so remeber kids seniority has nothing to do with it

View Post

lol nah, I was here first :) I remember when u joined tho lol, u were don_magic_won or whatever lol

:D <3 old members that arent private or above

#13 Charlie Hustle

Charlie Hustle
  • 1044 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 03:42 PM

yup but im like second oldest or somethin

#14 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2005 - 03:45 PM

ya, u werent at the .tk were u? lol because my orig join date was Febuary 22 2004

#15 Charlie Hustle

Charlie Hustle
  • 1044 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 03:51 PM

no I wasn't at the first one

#16 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2005 - 04:00 PM

On topic now folks :p

A prime example of seniority not getting you higher positions would be Dallas. His maturity really shined through and he became SuperMod, very shortly after he was made mod.

#17 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2005 - 04:37 PM

We're the biggest buncha suck-ups I've ever seen.  :lol:

View Post

Heh, you fools are. We all have to remember that the staff are people too. They make mistakes just like everyone. The difference between staff material and member material is maturity and level-headedness. Everyone goes a bit crazy sometimes. Look at hydro, the great spammy git... :D

#18 Ender

Ender
  • 4323 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 07:03 PM

Heh, you fools are. We all have to remember that the staff are people too. They make mistakes just like everyone. The difference between staff material and member material is maturity and level-headedness. Everyone goes a bit crazy sometimes. Look at hydro, the great spammy git... :D

View Post

Damn straight. (Besides the Hydro part... I would agree but Hydro is scary.)

#19 Alyssa

Alyssa
  • 1625 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 07:04 PM

View Post

Aww, redlion, you have a way with words. :wub:

#20 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2005 - 07:06 PM

Aww, redlion, you have a way with words. :wub:

View Post

Yes, I know. Worship me :)

#21 Ender

Ender
  • 4323 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 07:22 PM

Yes, I know. Worship me :)

View Post

-holds up watch and hypnotizes Alyssa- Nope, im cooler... worship meeeeee...

#22 Alyssa

Alyssa
  • 1625 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 07:23 PM

View Post

-blinks disorientatedly at both of you- You two would do unheard of things to me if you hypnotized me. Especially you, redlion, with you livin' so close. xD

#23 Ender

Ender
  • 4323 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 07:25 PM

o.o Not me... im 12 and innocent, I say!

Posted 20 May 2005 - 07:40 PM

View Post

Yes, worship me...

I have food :D

#25 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2005 - 07:42 PM

-blinks disorientatedly at both of you- You two would do unheard of things to me if you hypnotized me. Especially you, redlion, with you livin' so close. xD

View Post

Naw, I wouldn't do that to a 13 year old, thats wierd. And kinda pedophilish, :blink:

Anyways, im sure me and john could think of some interesting things for you to do while hypnotized...  :devil:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users