• 1690 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 03:19 AM

Yeah zulfi, but the ones I said are the only applications I read :( Lol

#77 Silk

Silk
  • 6906 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2006 - 03:22 AM

What do you mean if there's enough room?
There is no cap on how many people can be allowed through :p

Ah i see Cam :p Read them all! Great fun!

Edited by Zulfi, 06 April 2006 - 03:23 AM.

#78 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 03:47 AM

What do you mean if there's enough room?
There is no cap on how many people can be allowed through :p

Ah i see Cam :p Read them all! Great fun!

Yes there is, if there wasnt; Then wouldn't they just accept everyone in who is good enough?

#79 Silk

Silk
  • 6906 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2006 - 03:54 AM

That's exactly what they do *rollseyes* They let in everyone who is good enough.

Im not sure how it works, something like you have to have a certain amount more yes votes than no to get in?

Edited by Zulfi, 06 April 2006 - 03:59 AM.

#80 Cam

Cam
  • 1690 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 03:57 AM

They let the applicants that got the most votes in, I guess?

#81 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 04:01 AM

That's exactly what they do *rollseyes* They let in everyone who is good enough.

No it isnt, they let in a limited amount. I bet there are like 8 or so who will deserve it, but only 5 or 6 will probably make it. They can't just be accepting everyone who deserves it.

#82 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2006 - 04:04 AM

No it isnt, they let in a limited amount. I bet there are like 8 or so who will deserve it, but only 5 or 6 will probably make it. They can't just be accepting everyone who deserves it.

I don't believe so ... Anyone that gets the required amount of votes gets in .. :p

-And if you didn't know, this is my first App, so I doubt I will get in.. ^_^

#83 Lemonblood

Lemonblood
  • 2830 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 05:02 AM

I doubt i'll get in, my predictions are.. zulfi.. marine(maybe) .. cam.. sockopen (maybe).. brkn

oh and..

Posted Image

#84 Cam

Cam
  • 1690 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 05:04 AM

We'll have to wait and see ^_^

I hope I get in but I dont think I will :D but Life gose on and so dose codex and I am happy with any rank.

#85 Lemonblood

Lemonblood
  • 2830 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 05:10 AM

also, it says it opens on the 1st of the month ends on the 4th? :p

#86 Balistix

Balistix
  • 1160 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 05:10 AM

*Steal that kawaaaaaaiiiiiiiiii cat*

O_o not enough room?

#87 Cam

Cam
  • 1690 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 05:17 AM

Yeah I know what is Jake on about room?

10 got in last time, my theory is that there is a vote count that you must have so many "Yes" votes the get into Private? Nothing to do with enough room.

#88 Ilya

Ilya
  • 2419 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 06:01 AM

Ah, so glad to see you are back.

I think by the time most of us reach Private, we've stopped caring about Neopets. *laugh*

True, true.... I have already quit it lol
and your already private.....

#89 Silk

Silk
  • 6906 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2006 - 06:11 AM

True, true.... I have already quit it lol

Not true, according to a certain comment by you on a certain site regarding a certain Neopets program ;)

Edited by Zulfi, 06 April 2006 - 06:12 AM.

#90 Ilya

Ilya
  • 2419 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 07:02 AM

Not true, according to a certain comment by you on a certain site regarding a certain Neopets program ;)

... probobly was long time ago, or it was in a program suggestions section where i was commenting...

lol I didnt even apply for private your accusing me of playing neo lol i was ip banned and thats it lol...

#91 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2006 - 07:11 AM

errr... I'm not taking predictions of whos going to get in. ;)

#92 Balistix

Balistix
  • 1160 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 07:11 AM

Lets not start a fight here lol.

^_^ , but... meh whatever .

Welcome back adobe.

#93 Zero DeLocke

Zero DeLocke
  • 2087 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 07:15 AM

And does anyone else love it when people spell grammar incorrectly, when they are complaining about it?
(No offence Eli, we love you really xP)

*laugh* You should have seen how many times I tried to spell "sentence" like "sentance". *points to self* Nub. :D :D :D

#94 Freddy

Freddy
  • 5500 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2006 - 08:54 AM

Last year, when I applied with my old account (only to be denied entry :crybaby:) there was a month in which they let like 12 people in. It was crazy.

#95 Ilya

Ilya
  • 2419 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 09:50 AM

Last year, when I applied with my old account (only to be denied entry :crybaby:) there was a month in which they let like 12 people in. It was crazy.

Which prooves that you wont get in unless you are like holy.... and all the other staff like you very much...

And whats with "have you been on any codex teams?" I dont get that no one wants to accept me...

GFX TEAM: Applied 4 times was rejected 4 times... applied the 5th time... i had a good chance of getting in... after 3 weeks no one answered, i pmed shabba they said they were too busy.. but i saw they were accepting/rejecting other applications... finally after 5 weeks my application was closed with no explanation if i was rejected.....

NEWS TEAM: "Sorry we are closed.. we will contact you when will be open"

CONTEST TEAM: After alot of pm's she said aim her. I aimed her she said "just give me any ideas you have for contest team and ill consider, Ill put you on my list" "for now you can join the finance team, beacause we are really low on np and we need more people to get more np to make the contest prizes to be bigger" I said ok, and she blocked me in 5 min lol...

FINANCE TEAM: I aimed her she said "No sorry we have toooo much np, we already dont know where to put it... but ill add you to the list, when we will need ill aim you" I said ok, and in 5 min she blocked me...

Whats with that? that prooves by saying "if you were on any codex teams" is complete bullshit...

Not to argue with codex but listen... this is how codex is.. no point of applieng if your not "holy" thats sadly how codex is...

Edited by Adobe, 06 April 2006 - 10:07 AM.

#96 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2006 - 10:07 AM

Which prooves that you wont get in unless you are like holy.... and all the other staff like you very much...

And whats with "have you been on any codex teams?" I dont get that no one wants to accept me...

GFX TEAM: Applied 4 times was rejected 4 times... applied the 5th time... i had a good chance of getting in... after 3 weeks no one answered, i pmed shabba they said they were too busy.. but i saw they were accepting/rejecting other applications... finally after 5 weeks my application was closed with no explanation if i was rejected.....

CONTEST TEAM: After alot of pm's she said aim her. I aimed her she said "just give me any ideas you have for contest team and ill consider, Ill put you on my list" "for now you can join the finance team, beacause we are really low on np and we need more people to get more np to make the contest prizes to be bigger" I said ok, and she blocked me in 5 min lol...

FINANCE TEAM: I aimed her she said "No sorry we have toooo much np, we already dont know where to put it... but ill add you to the list, when we will need ill aim you" I said ok, and in 5 min she blocked me...

Whats with that? that prooves by saying "if you were on any codex teams" is complete bullshit...

Not to argue with codex but listen... this is how codex is.. no point of applieng if your not "holy" thats sadly how codex is...

Errr... your assuming alot aren't you? :p

You don't have to be the holy savior of humankind in order to get into private. If your here for a good while, have a good attitude, personality, and do what you can for NeoCodex, your probably a potential private member.

Another thing is the fact people that complain about not getting private usually don't socialize with the other members. Or that is, they dont socialize well. :p

#97 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2006 - 10:12 AM

And staff only have one vote, like anyone else. It doesn't matter if a couple of staff members don't want you in, because if everyone else does they will be overruled. The fact that people do not get in private is NOT a direct result of what staff in the end feels (they don't block anyone from getting private.. it's all votes!). In fact, the reason people don't get staff is simply because the people voting feel they shouldn't get in (for whatever reason).

The fact is, changing people's opinions cannot be done and they can vote however they wish. Staff is only another vote, and doesn't mean overly much in the grand scheme of private applications.

#98 Ilya

Ilya
  • 2419 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 10:14 AM

"(for whatever reason)." thats freindship or not, if freind then yes if not then no, if he is a good member and contributed and you think about it and you go like theyre ok you say no...

Forget it...

Edited by Adobe, 06 April 2006 - 10:17 AM.

#99 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 April 2006 - 10:18 AM

yea right... you know its true so dont argue...
Peoplget on certain teams as well as private for frinedship, favor, and maybe a contribution like making something or giving an idea....

So as other teams, they reserve spots for there freinds they dont even know the person ands they reject and then if someone else comes in like their freind they will accept them...

So maybe something has to be done about the leader situation right? If you have a problem, I need to know about it. Commenting about how the system sucks won't gain you a thing.

By staff, I'm referring to the moderators, supermoderators, sr. programmers and administration (Leaders are not staff at this point in time).

And like I said before, people may vote for their friends. The problem with that though is that we cannot change people's opinions. The only way we CAN change that is to remove the voting process completely and let staff choose who the new private members should be.

#100 Ilya

Ilya
  • 2419 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 10:22 AM

yea....
watever dont want to point attention.... let change the topic now that everyone relisez what their job is....

EDIT: WHat just happen to analogue's messege?
lol deleted it...

Edited by Adobe, 06 April 2006 - 10:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users