• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#126 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2006 - 11:25 AM

I don't know, if it's good enough for the Nazi's, it's good enough for Saddam. I just don't think whipping him for 30 years will prove anything.

#127 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2006 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE(Frizzle @ Nov 6 2006, 01:25 PM) View Post

I don't know, if it's good enough for the Nazi's, it's good enough for Saddam. I just don't think whipping him for 30 years will prove anything.

Good point.

*golf clap* we're agreeing on something. Tis rare.

#128 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2006 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE(Frizzle @ Nov 6 2006, 03:18 PM) View Post

a barbaric ritual

and what would you call being hung to death?

Edited by nox, 06 November 2006 - 11:46 AM.

#129 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2006 - 11:56 AM

A sentence to death? Hey, if the Victorians did it, it can't be barbaric.

Because sticking a needle into someone's arm to shut down their heart and lungs so they suffocate to death is so much better?

#130 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2006 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE(Frizzle @ Nov 6 2006, 03:56 PM) View Post

Because sticking a needle into someone's arm to shut down their heart and lungs so they suffocate to death is so much better?

are you aware that when they are injected with the thing thati nduces them into a cardiac arrest that they r completely unconscious? i cant believe u just compared the two in regards to which was more humane.

#131 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2006 - 01:10 PM

Being hung does seem rather outdated, but whatever. His neck snaps anyway so all is well it terms of the wait.

#132 Christopher Robin

Christopher Robin
  • 5302 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2006 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE(Frizzle @ Nov 6 2006, 04:55 PM) View Post

I think it'd make him seem like less of a... symbol of strength? in the eyes of his people... Then agaun, I'm the "do unto others if they do unto you"... but a bit more than they did to you.

#133 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2006 - 01:51 PM

QUOTE(nox @ Nov 6 2006, 08:51 PM) View Post

are you aware that when they are injected with the thing thati nduces them into a cardiac arrest that they r completely unconscious? i cant believe u just compared the two in regards to which was more humane.

No point in debating over who's right, since they're both opinions right?

#134 Christopher Robin

Christopher Robin
  • 5302 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2006 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE(Frizzle @ Nov 6 2006, 07:21 PM) View Post

I never said I was right tongue.gif They ARE just opinions... well said, Frizz blink.gif

#135 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2006 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE(Frizzle @ Nov 6 2006, 05:51 PM) View Post

sure, but i think it's important that you understand the difference between torture and painless death.

Edited by nox, 06 November 2006 - 03:08 PM.

#136 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2006 - 02:54 PM

No, if it was painless they'd just fill the room up with Carbon Monoxide. That's painless.

#137 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2006 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE(Frizzle @ Nov 6 2006, 06:54 PM) View Post

No, if it was painless they'd just fill the room up with Carbon Monoxide. That's painless.

do you plan on getting these people unconscious before the gas starts? or do they just sit in the chair waiting to die? i'm not sure if you're being serious or what, and yeah it's your opinion, but that's just plain ridiculous. in 2005 there were over 2,000 executions due to capital punishment, don't you think it would be better to knock someone out and let them die without any pain?

not only is the idea more costly and in-humane, it would cause harm to the atmosphere.

#138 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2006 - 03:25 PM

Well at least do your homework on Carbon Monoxide before replying. Carbon monoxide makes the victim fall asleep before slowly poisioning them. It's like falling asleep and not waking up.

Now if you call falling asleep painful..

#139 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2006 - 03:28 PM

i know exactly how carbon monoxide works, but it's not some instant breath-in-fall-asleep kind of thing - it takes time. hence what i meant in my post.

the only thing "painful" about the lethal injection is a shot.

#140 Christopher Robin

Christopher Robin
  • 5302 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2006 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE(nox @ Nov 6 2006, 08:54 PM) View Post

do you plan on getting these people unconscious before the gas starts? or do they just sit in the chair waiting to die? i'm not sure if you're being serious or what, and yeah it's your opinion, but that's just plain ridiculous. in 2005 there were over 2,000 executions due to capital punishment, don't you think it would be better to knock someone out and let them die without any pain?

not only is the idea more costly and in-humane, it would cause harm to the atmosphere.

Um... I'd rather them die VERY slowly, and painfully, if they did something to my family members, actually 1we8.gif At my hands...

#141 Plew

Plew
  • 1754 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE(nox @ Nov 6 2006, 03:28 PM) View Post

i know exactly how carbon monoxide works, but it's not some instant breath-in-fall-asleep kind of thing - it takes time. hence what i meant in my post.

the only thing "painful" about the lethal injection is a shot.

nah carbon monoxide, is a gas that slowly replaces the oxygen in the blood.... thats why u never leave ur car running in ur garage while the garage door is closed.

#142 RandomNameIgnoreIt

RandomNameIgnoreIt
  • 1828 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2006 - 04:00 PM

iraque isnt any way a prob of the usa, but the world suffer,from it.

I don't think we should've gone to Iraq either, but what are we supposed to do now? Leave? Then we'd have people complaining that we left before we fixed the country and it descended into chaos, which it totally appears that is just what it would do. And whether or not we should be there, Saddam is still a terrible person so it's not exactly a great loss.

It's what, almost five years? Over five years now? We want out too. But we can't just leave... We can discuss how we're hurting people over there all we like but it still doesn't answer the question of how do we not hurt them even more by leaving.

well the fact is,if you would ask arround america,who won the ww2, 85% of them would say,"we did,we americans" or such crap like "our army is the best",rofl.also facts.try it,try it in any mmorpg,in any city,everywhere.
and thats simple said wrong,they dont have much todo with the whole war.not even 4.5% of the events,and actions have involved any americans.

I somehow doubt that you've done serious mathematical calculations to arrive at that randomly specific 4.5% figure but uh, okay... I'm not going to argue about this one, because we've all read the history books and I see as clear as day that the United States played a big role. If you want to go on thinking they didn't, whatever, it was over 50 years ago. Doesn't particularly matter.

Anyway, most Americans don't claim we did everything. But we did help, and we helped a lot. Let's not forget that Japan was an ally of Germany, and we were a big player over there. Europe is only a part of it...

another small fact,they try to tell everywhere how bad they got handled in the KZs,sorry to say,but they could be lucky that they still can talk about.if it would have run like the itallian leader ,offered,1942,then they wont talk today anymore,they shall thank that they r alive

...Did you just blame the jews for their own murders and imprisonment in WW2?

#143 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2006 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE(HWt @ Nov 5 2006, 05:25 AM) View Post

even if they ditnt even "won" one.(ww2=russians won,vietnam=vietnam owned them badly)
and now they try to win the first war..but even that was a failure,no nuclear weapons,no "winner" just a ruined nations,grats america.

Dude, we sure as hell won WW2. Russians did shit. I dont think they were on the beaches in Normandy. I dont think they fought for every inch of land on the Western front, I dont think they were involved in the Pacific. I dont think they liberated France. Im pretty sure the Russians didnt win the war.

Im pretty sure you fail at life. Your typing is terrible. Your facts and arguments are worse than Iruleatants. You are completely misinformed on everything. You fail.

Saddam, being executed- Good thing. He deserves it. Murderers need to be sentanced to death.

#144 Curse

Curse
  • 1143 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 04:03 PM

The one thing I don't understand is... Why are the Americans, or should I say Bush getting involved with what Saddam is doing. I don't think what Bush is doing is any of his business and it's the Iraqi people who should decide what happens.

#145 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2006 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE(Kamal @ Nov 6 2006, 07:03 PM) View Post

The one thing I don't understand is... Why are the Americans, or should I say Bush getting involved with what Saddam is doing. I don't think what Bush is doing is any of his business and it's the Iraqi people who should decide what happens.

The Iraqi people would love to decide what happens, they were just extremely scared of him. Hes a murderer, he killed anyone who opposed him. Thats why we had to get involved. Now the people do not have to live in fear.

#146 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2006 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE(Plew @ Nov 6 2006, 07:51 PM) View Post

nah carbon monoxide, is a gas that slowly replaces the oxygen in the blood.... thats why u never leave ur car running in ur garage while the garage door is closed.

yes, i'm very well aware of that - not sure how you thought otherwise from my post.

#147 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 November 2006 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE(hawk117 @ Nov 7 2006, 12:00 AM) View Post

Dude, we sure as hell won WW2. Russians did shit. I dont think they were on the beaches in Normandy. I dont think they fought for every inch of land on the Western front, I dont think they were involved in the Pacific. I dont think they liberated France. Im pretty sure the Russians didnt win the war.

Stop posting Hawk. You're a nice guy, but that was an extremly ignorant post.

#148 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 November 2006 - 05:06 AM

QUOTE(hawk117 @ Nov 6 2006, 06:00 PM) View Post

The Russians did do a lot however they did it in... well... much less than orthodox ways. Ukrainians HATE Germans and Russians because of this. The Russians took the Ukrainian men and made them to be human shields giving them no weapons nor armor of any type to just stand there and die to protect the Russians.

Anyways in the mid thirties they strongly opposed Nazi Germany and since they were afraid of the German forces coming closer to them, they occupied eastern Poland giving them a fresh supply of the ethnic groups of Belarus and Ukraine. Germany was also near Poland as well, so they especially were nervous. Then to further make sure that Germany would not reach main Mother Russia they occupied Finland as well as the other Baltic States. And in the early 40s Germany finally invaded them and they lost finally when they got to Moscow. Russian forces eventually drove through to reach and take Berlin when the war finally ended.

But... because of what both Germany when they took Ukraine and Russia pre-German take over did to that country, a quarter of the males in Ukraine were killed and every single family who has roots back to WWII in Ukraine has lost a male family member. The Russians truly weren't too much better in ethics than the Germans as they still in a lot of ways, it can be argued... they commited genocide against the Ukrainians and Belorussians. But dispite all that because they battled the Germans from the east and collaborated with the rest of the Allied forces they themselves were considered Allies.

#149 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 November 2006 - 09:26 AM

An enemy of my enemy is my friend I guess.

#150 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 November 2006 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE(Frizzle @ Nov 7 2006, 03:56 AM) View Post

Stop posting Hawk. You're a nice guy, but that was an extremly ignorant post.

I only ignored the whole Eastern front 1we8.gif Sure they took heavy losses at Stalingrad and in most other battles during the war, but they did -----nothing----- in the Pacific or on the Western front.

I guess I cant really complain about the Russians not getting involved in the Pacific though. We had agreed that they wouldnt get involved for a certain time period.

They did liberate Poland though, so I guess they did do something. But to say they won the war is crazy 1we8.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users