• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#51 Reaper

Reaper
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2008 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE (Fred Hampton @ Aug 21 2008, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For the sake of argument, I believe in the existence of a tooth fairy, just as you believe in the after-life. I'd like to see you prove me wrong.

I'll do so right now. You remember when (this MAY still be happening) you used to put your tooth under your pillow? Well it was your caregiver that took that tooth and put money in its place. How do I know this to be true? Well my friend, I have kids....and sorry to burst your bubble, but I took the tooth, and put the money in its place. Sorry...you loose.

#52 zigzag

zigzag
  • 444 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 11:13 AM

I refute. My little black book that I read religiously tells me this invisible sky fairy watches and is aware of everything I do. Anything you tell me otherwise is a lie. Also says that as a nonbeliever, you're going to go to a very bad place, so I suggest you change your beliefs on the tooth fairy before it's too late.

Edited by Fred Hampton, 21 August 2008 - 11:14 AM.

#53 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2008 - 11:22 AM

QUOTE (Waser Lave @ Aug 21 2008, 08:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You rot like everything else...humans are not special.

Humans have a conscience. A wolf that's starving in the wild will not hesitate to kill a baby deer and eat it. A human on the other hand may think it to be too cruel to do so. I know that doesn't prove anything but nothing can prove the existence of an after-life. Which is why this isn't really a debate since the outcome can't be conclusive.

QUOTE (reaper1488 @ Aug 21 2008, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a foolish hold on reality? lol..yeah. I never debated whether or not the tooth fairy is real or not. I'm talking about some form of existence after death. Thats a TON more plausible than the tooth fairy or boogyman. You don't know if there is life after death...or something...do you? You have nothing to prove me wrong...just as I don't have much to prove you wrong either, but to compair that to the tooth fairy, well thats got to be the oddest thing I've read on here so far.

Who says the tooth-fairy isn't real?

#54 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2008 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE (FlashGM @ Aug 21 2008, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Humans have a conscience. A wolf that's starving in the wild will not hesitate to kill a baby deer and eat it. A human on the other hand may think it to be too cruel to do so. I know that doesn't prove anything but nothing can prove the existence of an after-life. Which is why this isn't really a debate since the outcome can't be conclusive.

In a life or death situation I doubt a human would think it too cruel...people have even resorted to cannibalism in order to stay alive.

#55 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2008 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE (Waser Lave @ Aug 21 2008, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In a life or death situation I doubt a human would think it too cruel...people have even resorted to cannibalism in order to stay alive.

That's right, but they had the choice to do that. It's not like they lost all control and their animal instincts took over. Some people may resort to cannibalism but some might purposely starve to death instead. Tbh, I wouldn't kill a baby deer to stay alive tongue.gif

#56 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2008 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE (FlashGM @ Aug 21 2008, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's right, but they had the choice to do that. It's not like they lost all control and their animal instincts took over. Some people may resort to cannibalism but some might purposely starve to death instead. Tbh, I wouldn't kill a baby deer to stay alive tongue.gif

The instinct to survive would still be there though, some people just choose to ignore it for whatever reason. tongue.gif I'd be chasing that baby deer. biggrin.gif

#57 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2008 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE (Waser Lave @ Aug 21 2008, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The instinct to survive would still be there though, some people just choose to ignore it for whatever reason. tongue.gif I'd be chasing that baby deer. biggrin.gif

That "whatever reason" is a conscience. And you're evil tongue.gif

#58 Reaper

Reaper
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2008 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE (FlashGM @ Aug 21 2008, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That "whatever reason" is a conscience. And you're evil tongue.gif

I'd go after the baby dear as well. I wouldn't do that of course, unless I was starving and was lost in the wilderness with not much to eat. I know I could eat plants, but I'm not a rabbit...I'm a meat eater...lol.

QUOTE (Fred Hampton @ Aug 21 2008, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I refute. My little black book that I read religiously tells me this invisible sky fairy watches and is aware of everything I do. Anything you tell me otherwise is a lie. Also says that as a nonbeliever, you're going to go to a very bad place, so I suggest you change your beliefs on the tooth fairy before it's too late.

I think you've done too many drugs. tongue.gif

#59 zigzag

zigzag
  • 444 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 04:05 PM

Way to go ad hominem in the debate forum.

Edited by Fred Hampton, 21 August 2008 - 04:05 PM.

#60 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2008 - 04:25 PM

Until there is reasonable proof of ghosts beyond the shitty anecdotal evidence received for years upon years, they don't exist in my mind. Proponents of so called subjective reality will tell me with consistency I'm a fucking lunatic stuck in the objectivity of my beliefs, yet they still haven't presented any evidence to the contrary.

QUOTE (Fred Hampton @ Aug 21 2008, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I mean, shit, you know who used Ad hominems? Hitler. Now that guy was a motherfucker. Do you want to be like Hitler, you filthy swine who said Mr. Hampton takes too many drugs?

#61 Reaper

Reaper
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2008 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE (Fred Hampton @ Aug 21 2008, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah...my bad. I shouldn't have said that. I'll make sure to not to attack you, just your beliefs...lol, jk. Now...as for the ghost evidence...there IS some out there, can anyone know for sure that its real? nope...but I haven't seen any tooth fairy (except that scary movie about her) evidence pop up lately.

Edited by reaper1488, 21 August 2008 - 05:15 PM.

#62 Tyrealion

Tyrealion
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 06:47 AM

QUOTE (reaper1488 @ Aug 21 2008, 07:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You seriously believe thats it? You rot? After all the time earth took to make itself habitable and the fact that everything is just right in order to support human life...you think we rot? sad.gif Man, thats depressing.

I kinda thought man made themselves to be able to survive on earth rather than the other way around. Still don't think ghosts exists, i mean shouldn't there be a little more proof than the insubstantial bits floating around?

#63 Reaper

Reaper
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2008 - 06:58 AM

QUOTE (Tyrealion @ Aug 23 2008, 06:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I kinda thought man made themselves to be able to survive on earth rather than the other way around. Still don't think ghosts exists, i mean shouldn't there be a little more proof than the insubstantial bits floating around?

There are actually videos of "ghosts" but its hard to believe if your not actually standing there watching it. I mean..most the stuff I can believe, but there are things that I'd dismiss rather quickly.

#64 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 September 2008 - 06:29 AM

Based on my experiences, and family experiences, I believe they exist.

I can't expect good evidence, hell, if a ghost was in my doorway right now, I have 3 cameras right next to me and I probably still wouldn't be near fast enough to get a picture....

QUOTE (Tyrealion @ Aug 23 2008, 07:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, people aren't expected and have a camera ready when they see ghosts....

Edited by Fatal, 05 September 2008 - 06:26 AM.

#65 hungryhippo

hungryhippo
  • 414 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 08:31 AM

Anything is posible, but I don't think that they exist. I've never had any experiences with them, I've never known someone who has that didn't have some kind of other explanation (like my cousin says she spoke to a ghost when she had a very high fever). I just don't see anything in science, which i put a great deal of stock in, that would leave room for ghosts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users